Aussie All Things Must Pass Gerorge Harrison

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by alanbeat, Jan 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. alanbeat

alanbeat A music loving Chap. PipPip! Thread Starter

I have just acquired the 1970 Australian pressing of All Things Must Pass. STCR 1/2/3/639
    This issues does not have the box but rather a white 3 fold glossy album sleeve. The cover photo is the same but the coloured inner bags are fixed to the inside of the 3fold sleeve . The records are removed from the top of each panel in the manner of the original White Album.
    I have never seen another. Can anyone tell me anything about this release? is it rare ?
    Mine is in Mint condition ,is it valuable?
    Thank you,
    Alan

blutiga likes this.
  2. blutiga

blutiga Forum Resident

I've got about three of these. They sound great and use the UK metal plates. This was our standard issue, so they are not rare so much over here, but to have a mint one is pretty special. Compared to my UK box set, the Aussie press is just a shade below the standard of the UK in terms of fidelity, but it's close.
    One great discovery I made, was when taking out the records in a close to mint copy I found a couple of years ago, I found a black and white smaller version of the poster - and most amazingly- a small booklet with the song lyrics!! I'm fairly certain these were genuine inclusions in what I assume was a very early Aussie pressing.

3. alanbeat

alanbeat A music loving Chap. PipPip! Thread Starter

Thank you. alas no small B/W poster with this copy,or.......................................................................... The Ashes !

blutiga likes this.
  4. blutiga

blutiga Forum Resident

Sorry about The Ashes :) You'll most likely win them back in England again soon :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.