New Inara George album "Dearest Everyone" forthcoming (01/19/2018)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by pghmusiclover, Jan 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pghmusiclover

pghmusiclover Senior Member Thread Starter

[​IMG]

Slow Down Sounds is proud to partner with Inara George (1/2 of The Bird and the Bee) for the vinyl release of her new album, "Dearest Everybody". Produced by Mike Andrews with original artwork by Eric Ernest Johnson, this album is a song and sonic delight.

The video for the first single, "Young Adult" is in the banner above!

An Introduction To Inara George Playlist Link is below!

The lacquers were cut by Kevin Gray from the original 96/24 final mix files, plating and pressing at R.T.I., pressed on the best vinyl compound in the world (HQ-180), and housed in an Old Style Tip On double gatefold jacket from Stoughton Printing.

The records sound fantastic and the package looks and feels amazing!!!

A modern quintessential "LA" record. ***Price includes media mail shipping***

Groovy and phillyal1 like this.
  2. pghmusiclover

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Here's another new song:

DmitriKaramazov likes this.
  3. Danby Delight

Danby Delight Forum Resident

Pre-ordered mine last night.

pghmusiclover likes this.
  4. pghmusiclover

Me too!

I still keep hoping for a vinyl release of "An Invitation"....

whisper3978 likes this.
  5. pghmusiclover

I also seem to recall reading (possibly on Inara’s FB Page) that The Bird And The Bee were working on a second volume of “Interpreting The Masters”.

6. pghmusiclover

She just posted on Facebook there would only be vinyl and digital downloads (no CDs or cassettes):

Hi All!! www.slowdownsounds.com is putting out the vinyl for my new album. It will be the only physical release of my record. So just vinyl and digital. They did such a beautiful job and take some much care in making their vinyl. Please check it out! And maybe preorder one while you're at it!

7. pghmusiclover

8. MartinGr

MartinGr Senior Member

I had already ordered it (from Germany) and was surprised that shipping seemed to be included.
    Yesterday, slowdownsounds mailed - they are sorry, but I should pay additional 17$.
    I canceled. I'm sure it is a great album, and I love all her others... but 50 $ for 45 minutes of music?
    I'm very disappointed that a professional company like them didn't think of international shipping earlier.
    Now I have to go for the download :(

9. pghmusiclover

I received mine in today's mail and I am disappointed to find the cover has split seams on the top cover.

10. TSmithPage

TSmithPage Ex Post Facto Member

I was very disappointed with the sound of my copy. It seemed muffled/muddy throughout. It's not a sound I've experienced with any of my other vinyl. Any easy way to tell if it is a pressing issue vs. whether my needle has gone bad? I would expect if it was a hardware problem I'd hear it with some other album as well...

11. pghmusiclover

In follow-up to my post, Inara's people were nice enough to send me a replacement album cover. I am happy now!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.