Buffalo Springfield ‘86 Reunion Footage

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by PretzelLogic, Jan 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PretzelLogic

PretzelLogic Feeling duped by MoFi? You probably deserve it. Thread Starter

Just posted on Twitter by Neil fansite Thrasher’s Wheat, uploaded to YouTube by the camera man.

Far as I can see that’s the original five, plus Joe Vitale on highly unnecessary keyboards.

Enjoy!

2. SonicBob

SonicBob Forum Resident

Excellent find! Thanks for posting. I read that this existed, crazy that this got out. I guess we should enjoy while it lasts...

3. BadJack

BadJack doorman who always high-fives children of divorce

Too bad they couldn't get it to the stage, but at least the world was spared the sight of Stills of shredding on a Steinberger.

footlooseman, jahndhi, ronbow and 5 others like this.
  4. Mike Visco

Mike Visco Forum Resident

Never knew about this, so looked it up on Wikipedia:
    "In 1984, Bruce Palmer teamed up with Frank Wilks and Stan Endersby to form the "Buffalo Springfield Revisited" Band. Dewey Martin was brought up to Toronto, Ontario, Canada to join in the band, and off they went on tour for the next four, almost five years under this band name. Neil Young and Stephen Stills gave the BSR permission to tour with this name. In February of 1986, a full reunion of Palmer, Martin, Furay, Young and Stills all gathered together at Stills house two times to rehearse for an apparent reunion tour. By the third proposed get together, Young didn't show up. He had apparently forgotten about it, according to Neil, thus ending the reunion. However, one of the two rehearsals was preserved on video and would be the last time all five original members would be seen together. By 1989/90 Bruce Palmer and Frank Wilkes moved to Topanga, CA where Dennis Knicely joined as percussionist. in 1991 they started "White Buffalo" along with Dewey Martin and others."

reverberationmusic and Hep Alien like this.
  5. Mike Visco

They were obviously trying new material...ah another what if in the annals of rock history.

Hep Alien, Fullbug and Guy E like this.
  6. Mike Visco

Sounds "like a" Hurricane

7. Mike Visco

Right click and save before Neil serves the papers...

8. Further

Further Forum Resident

I'd be surprised if that got pulled at this point. It's been out there for years, at least some version of it. Maybe it was a copy of the tape or something but I watched it on youtube a few years ago.

905, ExHead and Graham like this.
  9. BadJack

I'd settle for some Buffalo Springfield '18 footage, preferably witnessed in person by myself.

10. DTK

DTK Forum Resident

They're doing "Road of Plenty", the early version of "Eldorado".

11. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

Very cool video. Kinda boring tune though.

12. MarcS

MarcS Forum Resident

Its too bad NY didn't show up to the RRHOF induction; he seems to have show up for others but not that one.

CCrider92 likes this.
  13. rjp

rjp Senior Member

my my my.....things that neil young never followed up on......you could write a book,

14. CCrider92

CCrider92 Senior Member

Then he had the audacity to write and record a song called "Buffalo Springfield Again" and chirp on about he'd sure like to play with those guys again and show the world what they've got! Neil is for Neil - always has been, always will be. Then there's the tour bus with the BS window! Then there's the BS tour to nowhere a few years ago!

Hep Alien, beatsurrender and DTK like this.
  15. BadJack

I don't have it handy but in one of Neil's books ("Special Deluxe", I think), Neil sort of casually mentions that he'd do a Buffalo Springfield reunion if they had the right drummer.

Hep Alien likes this.
  16. milankey

milankey Forum Resident

this video is very truncated, the one I've seen is longer...

ExHead and Graham like this.
  17. MicSmith

MicSmith Forum Resident

Nice clip. Wish they'd been able to see the reunion idea out and perhaps recorded an EP or something.

Hep Alien likes this.
  18. Chief

Chief Over 12,000 Served

This is a different "cut" of the video I'm familiar with. This is better quality, has more "Road Of Plenty" and none of Stills' "Unconditional Blues"

19. Chief

Chief Over 12,000 Served

They worked on around 6-7 songs at the time. It was more serious than a weekend lark. They did a couple Furay tunes, which have subsequently been released by Furay solo. Neil had another 2 or 3 songs, but Stills didn't bring anything beyond "Unconditional Blues" (very average). Assuming everything else was good, if Stills was low on material, I wouldn't be surprised if this is why the project failed to move forward.

20. Brian Lux

Brian Lux One in the Crowd

That was great! Thanks so much PretzelLogic!

21. ExHead

ExHead Forum Resident

It also omits the footage of Dewey Martin trying to fix his car after the rehearsal, which is funny at first but then sad when you think about it.

aoxomoxoa likes this.
  22. bobc

bobc Bluesman

Stills plays great guitar and Young has some good ideas. It has great potential.

23. the pope ondine

the pope ondine Forum Resident

this has been floating around youtube for a while in different versions, it is cool though

905 likes this.
  24. rjp

rjp Senior Member

when you think all of the music that came out of the buffalo springfield it blows your mind...and if you throw in jim msessina it is even more amazing.

even crosby played with them a few times live.

Hep Alien likes this.
  25. garymc

garymc Forum Resident

Witchy Woman and Hep Alien like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.