Judas Priest re-issues?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by wpjs, Dec 2, 2017.

1. patient_ot

patient_ot Senior Member

I have some of the Running Wild and Kreator remasters. I never bothered checking the credits on those. They are louder than I'd like but nowhere near as bad as the DR5-DR6 type heavy metal remasters that are so common nowadays.

Metalrob likes this.
  2. Simon_LDT

Simon_LDT Forum Resident

Pressing quality on these is shocking. Both my Killing Machine and Sin After Sin are full of all kinds of marks and blemishes and also non-fill on both! Sending both back for replacement and will also ask for another AOR as might as well go the whole hog as that one is problematic too.

Shame because from what I've heard they are well mastered.

patient_ot likes this.
  3. tkl7

tkl7 Agent Provocateur

Please don't generalize. the pressing quality on mine is perfect.

jimhb likes this.
  4. marblesmike

marblesmike Forum Resident

Yeah my buddy got Painkiller (beats the CD that's for sure!) and his pressing was flawless. Maybe a couple audible clicks between tracks, that's it.

mikedifr0923 likes this.
  5. WhoDaresWins

WhoDaresWins Forum Resident

I think part of the problem is that these vinyl are not housed in the proper inner sleeves. You have to be very careful when initially taking the vinyl out from the paper inner (with printed lyrics) sleeves.

Keep in mind, the vinyl may have been scuffed when they were initially packaged in the inner sleeve. It all depends what your tolerance is for this. My vinyl were in very nice condition and the mastering is excellent.

I highly recommend these JP reissue lp's regardless of who mastered them.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
    jimhb, Queezma, iloveguitars and 3 others like this.
  6. tkl7

tkl7 Agent Provocateur

Are yours EU pressings or US? Mine came in a regular sleeve, with the printed sleeve added as an insert.

Queezma likes this.
  7. WhoDaresWins

I don't know where my lp's were from(they may be from the EU ) but I will check when I get home. All my inner sleeves had printed lyrics & info with the record inside the printed inner sleeve. So far I've opened all the albums except for Stained Class, Painkiller, AoR & Unleashed.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
  8. tkl7

tkl7 Agent Provocateur

Yeah, my records were NOT in the printed sleeves, they were in normal record sleeves.

9. WhoDaresWins

The ones sold up here are from the EU, go figure. I thought we would receive the USA pressings up here in Toronto.

10. johnny q

johnny q Forum Resident

As I mentioned earlier, my initial pressing of Sin After Sin was loaded with non-fill and scratched up. My replacement has no non-fill but is pretty scuffed up from the inner sleeves. However, it is not audible. My copy of Angel Of Retribution and Painkiller, although having some minor scuffing again - are eerily quiet.

11. Bjorn Kjetil Johansen

Bjorn Kjetil Johansen Vortex Surfer

It sounds good to me. As good as the rest of the album. I can't really understand why you have an issue with this one song. Could be something with your copy? I'm happy with my Painkiller vinyl.

12. Queezma

Queezma Forum Resident

Must be a bad pressing....I work at a record store here so was able to swap it for another copy. Have yet to listen to it though

13. Queezma

Queezma Forum Resident

Yes very odd....I am just up the road from you in Waterloo and just looked at mine and they are from EU as well. I work at Sunrise and am going to check from our supplier as to why we are getting the EU pressings as opposed to the US pressings. Not that it matters as I am very pleased....but just out of curiosity :shh:

Pouchkine likes this.
  14. WhoDaresWins

These EU pressings sound fine and I'm happy with them. I bought a few of these during the holidays at a Sunrise nearby. The price of the lps was not too expensive with the 20% holiday discount.

15. Queezma

Queezma Forum Resident

Do u happen to have Painkiller? On my copy, One Shot At Glory sounds unlistenable....very harsh and brickwalled, while the rest of the album sounds pristine. Very odd. I swapped it for another copy but haven’t cracked it open yet

WhoDaresWins likes this.
  16. Metalrob

Metalrob Forum Resident

I think it only exists EU pressings!At discogs there is no US pressings except for Painkiller witch is EU/US/Canada.

WhoDaresWins likes this.
  17. tinnox

tinnox Senior Member

I finally got AOR from amazon and sounds amazing

18. WhoDaresWins

I bought painkiller but I haven't opened it yet only because I have the original uk promo which sounds great

Queezma likes this.
  19. Queezma

Queezma Forum Resident

Oh nice!!! No need to open reissue if you are happy with original UK promo...unless u wanted to A/B at some point

WhoDaresWins likes this.
  20. Queezma

Queezma Forum Resident

I think I am going to finally pull the trigger on this...

Metalrob, tinnox and WhoDaresWins like this.
  21. WhoDaresWins

What is with tkl7 's lp's which were bought with the lp's inside regular sleeves?:shh:

22. Queezma

Queezma Forum Resident

I kind of wish ours were like this....the last set of Van Halen reissues (2015-mastered by Chris Bellman) that I bought were like this as well (regular inner sleeve with printed insert included as well)

WhoDaresWins likes this.
  23. Metalrob

Metalrob Forum Resident

yeah...that is a mystery!:shh:

WhoDaresWins likes this.
  24. Simon_LDT

Simon_LDT Forum Resident

Any chance of some pics of this? So you have an insert + normal sleeve (polylined?) instead of the printed inners?

MPO pressed too?

I've got some shots of the deadwax of the 2 I got yesterday I'll post shortly.

Metalrob likes this.
  25. Simon_LDT

Simon_LDT Forum Resident

Metalrob likes this.