De Agostini - 'The Beatles Vinyl Collection' mail order set via subscription

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by OneStepBeyond, Oct 6, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. edenofflowers

edenofflowers A New Stereophonic Sound Spectacular!

No, it's really not all that. 4 pages, nothing new. I have them as they're my first modern fabs vinyls but if you've got the sort of collection I know you've got then they're not really that important. See what you think of MMT and go from there but I wouldn't think you'd want to go out of your way for a full set, they're unique in a way but not in a substantial way.

PS - I love your memorabilia thread, that's a stunning collection you've got there.

2. Maranatha5585

Maranatha5585 BELLA + RIP In Memoriam

Thanks friend, appreciate your insight and input ... and your posts on the thread

edenofflowers likes this.
  3. John Barrett

John Barrett Forum Resident

Just wanted to say i've really enjoyed this thread and thanks to everyone for their comments and commitment to this subscription!
    Won't miss the trips to smiths but i will miss the chat after and before every release. Its been (dare i say it) fun.

4. villiers terrace

villiers terrace Forum Resident

Had a wasted trip to Tesco’s tonight - for the first time they didn’t have the latest issue on the day of release. Seeing as they still had two copies of 1967-1970 on display, I’m pretty confident they’ll still have some copies of Past Masters next week when I go back.

5. gibtti

gibtti Forum Resident

One thing I’ve noticed is that none of the albums in the Deagostini releases have printed barcodes on the sleeves.
    Obviously this was also the case with the initial vinyl reissues of the 2009 remasters but it’s the first time the Anthologies, Love or ‘1’ have been issued in this way.

Chris

6. culabula

culabula Unread author.

I say, well spotted, and yet another spiffing reason to collect the set !

JP Christian likes this.
  7. Wayne C

Wayne C Forum Resident

As some may know I’ve had a sustained campaign to buy the two storage boxes from Deagostini, endless emails for the past four months to them, most of the replies I have received say “ these are for subscription customers only” and won’t be made available to those like myself who have trudged to Tesco’s to buy on release day. Well today I have received a rather tantalising reply saying that “the boxes are not for sale yet!”. I’m hoping that this is cause for optimism and also hoping that they ordered far to many from the manufacturer and are now preparing to sell these separately on the shop homepage!. Fingers crossed I’ll keep up my twice weekly emails to them in the hope they do.

8. sleeptowin

sleeptowin Forum Resident

has the last subscription package been received by anyone yet? does it have the box, notebook, power pack etc?

9. Kenny 101

Kenny 101 New Member

This is my first post so apologies if its in the wrong place. I've collected the whole of this series, Past Masters collected from newsagents today and Ive been generally pleased with the quality of the discs. I found that it was a good way to augment my vinyl collection, so much so that I wanted to se if De Agostini had anything else in the pipeline. I came across their "Blues in Vinile" collection on their Italian site but then realised that this has been running since 2015 and has just finished. The selection of records look really good, have they ever been released in the UK or does anyone know if there are any future plans.

10. grimble

grimble Forum Resident

still waiting for my last package. I'll let you know when mine arrives.

11. gmcmahon1964

gmcmahon1964 Forum Resident

Good morning from a squally Dublin. Easons (GPO Branch) didn’t take delivery of Past Masters this morning so, unsurprisingly given weather and public holidays, the joy of completing the set of newsagent issues is deferred. Will try again tomorrow.

horslips likes this.
  12. Gibson67

Gibson67 Life is a Magical Mystery Tour enjoy the ride

Well Mr postman’s been & gone, No delivery for me today.

13. Classicrock

Classicrock Senior Member

Same here. It looks that certain Newsagents have ordered a lot of copies with a view to putting on Ebay at a premium. I got a 20% off Ebay voucher code I used, so only an extra £3. Same seller has all the recent editions. Mine arrived in the De Agostini packaging obviously intended for the trade.

14. Daveymoore

Daveymoore Forum Resident

Yes that looks really good and I would certainly be interested.

Blues in Vinile - DeAgostini

15. misterP

misterP Well-Known Member

My account is showing the final two albums as dispatched but no mention of the box, notebook or power pack. Just the Records, magazines and a promotional Dinky Toys leaflet. I’d expect to get it on Friday or Saturday.

16. culabula

culabula Unread author.

Still none in Eason in Dublin -allegedly Storm Fionn is responsible - but a pal managed to get me one copy of the Blue from a reseller outside. Now just need to get one more.

17. Antx

Antx Forum Resident

Completed the collection, 30 mile round trip to WHSmiths at the Gyle in Edinburgh resulted in getting their 2nd last Beatles blue 67-70 album and the one and only copy I assume left of Past Masters from the rack

What a struggle with last 2 albums have been....

Hope everyone’s had a blast like I have on the thread...

18. culabula

culabula Unread author.

I think that it was inevitable that with 1967-1970 coming out in the last week before Christmas, that it would be a massive seller, given the time of year and the content of that particular issue.

19. Antx

Antx Forum Resident

It was more a case here in Fife that the stores didn’t get a delivery that previously had other issues, I enquiried at Tesco’s Asda and WH Smith,s around fife and none had got delivery ... I was at stores on Wednesday when deliveries come in first thing and each day up to Christmas Day and none came In , no past masters on Wednesday there either , might be in today but broadened my search to Edinburgh today ....

20. culabula

culabula Unread author.

Absolutely, the stores failed to anticipate the demand that there would be and sold out on day one, owing to the extra Christmas sales. Here in Belfast, Eason sold out in a matter of hours.

21. FeetPete

FeetPete Member

Yesterday New Malden Tesco had 10 copies of the Blue Album, to be replaced by 10 copies of Past Masters today. It’s been a abot fraught at times but I now have the full set.

I just need to get the corrected Hard Day’s Night. Has any non-subscribers managed to get a replacement from DeAgostini? If individuals can’t get it as a back order, how will Tesco etc manage to get replacement copies?

22. LivingForever

LivingForever Forum Arachibutyrophobic

An extremely timely post, as I am about to head there right now! (Had no idea they’d started stocking these, they weren’t back at the start...)

JP Christian likes this.
  23. FeetPete

FeetPete Member

It’s the large Tesco Extra in Beverley Way that stocks the Beatles series (and has done since the start) rather that the smaller shop will in the High Street (which has never stocked them).

I’d hate you to have a wasted journey.

LivingForever likes this.
  24. Jimbo Jobson

Jimbo Jobson Forum Resident

I have received 4 replacement copies as of writing with another 3 expected soon.

hamicle, horslips and culabula like this.
  25. marty2be2000

marty2be2000 New Member

I got the last copy of Past Masters today from WH Smith in Dorchester, they only got it today one day late.

Now I've got almost the whole series, I am going to backorder the missing ones and hope Deagostini do not mess up the order.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.