Anybody celebrating New Year's 2018 with some gear purchases?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Strat-Mangler, Jan 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DrZhivago

DrZhivago Hedonist

Hi mate,

Glad that you like your m5si. Many happy listenings in 2018.

Regards

Vinyl Fan 1973 likes this.
  2. Tartifless

Tartifless Forum Resident

I did, i purchased a Rega RP8 with a goldring legacy cart and also ordered a at33ptg/ii

3. avanti1960

avanti1960 Forum Resident

here ya go strat man!

Room Setup: Near Field

4. Vinyl Fan 1973

Vinyl Fan 1973 "They're like soup, they're like....nothing bad"

:righton: Thanks, appreciate that. It’s an incredible amp! All the best for 2018!

5. 5-String

5-String μηδὲν ἄγαν

To sound their best, Harbeth and the other BBC inspired speakers, exactly like the original BBC monitors, need to be toed-in in such a way so that they face the listener.

missan likes this.
  6. Seafinch

Seafinch Preferred Patron

Not in my experience.

7. putz

putz Forum Resident

Trying out the "sleek looking" Blue Circle FX2 6 XOe power line conditioner. Should be here on Tuesday. Of course looks aren't everything.

[​IMG]

8. Ironclaw

Ironclaw Forum Resident

This is what I've found. Many here prefer the Cardas speaker set-up where the speakers are set up nearly perpindicular to the listener's ears. Doesn't make sense to me, but I'm sure the Cardas guy has a very good reason. Many acoustics experts are proponents of the toed in to ear angle approach.

missan and 5-String like this.
  9. JMCIII

JMCIII Music lover first, audiophile second.

I am. It's taken me years of time, lots of $$$, and not just a little bit of luck to put together the system that makes magic every time I fire it up. So yeah, game over. Now it's enjoy the music I have and buy more.....hahaha

Doc Diego and Strat-Mangler like this.
  10. Claude Benshaul

Claude Benshaul Forum Resident

I did, sight...

Despite an end of year resolution I had to buy a new set of headphones for the office. My old Logitech died because I rolled the chair over them and due to my anti-social attitude at work I want closed headphones in order to block the background nonsense. All my headphones at home are open back so this is how an order for a set of Sennheiser HD380 Pro was placed on Saturday. I hope to get them tomorrow because the office chat is driving me crazy.

bradleyc and Strat-Mangler like this.
  11. bradleyc

bradleyc Forum Resident

A new pair of Klipsch RP-280F speakers on a pallet arrived the last week of 2017 drop shipped directly from Klipsch. Been swamped with IT work, but will be connecting to Marantz PM-14S1 with SA8005 this week. Looking forward to breaking these in while they’re still a current model. :)

12. dcottrell6

dcottrell6 Forum Resident

As kind of a combo Christmas/Birthday/New Years present to myself, I just received a Parasound A23 amp on Friday to go along with the new P5 pre that I got a couple of weeks ago.
    They replaced a NAD 326 and an Adcom 555.
    I've been looking for the Parasound gear for a while and got nice deals on both.
    I'm really loving the sound with the MMG's.

13. Smitty8451

Smitty8451 Forum Resident

As a Birthday gift to myself a Rogue Audio RP-7 preamp and Rogue Audio Atlas Magnum II amp. Should be here next week and I can't wait to hear the combo.

14. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Personal Survival Daily Record-Breaker Thread Starter

More details, please! :)

15. Ham Sandwich

Ham Sandwich Senior Member

I ordered an Audeze LCD-2 Classic a couple days after Christmas. Got them a week ago. I consider them new 2018 gear even if the credit card charge date disagrees.

The LCD-2 Classic is a return to the classic style of the LCD-2 sound. I already own a classic era LCD-2 from 2011. This is a new one. I'll be keeping both. I like both of them. They're different yet share that same classic sound. I loves that sound. It is worth having both when you've built your headphone system around that style of Audeze headphone sound.

[​IMG]

16. Mike from NYC

Mike from NYC Senior Member

It took me a long time to think what I wanted to buy but I will purchase a Sugarcube SC-2 in a few months after I get finished paying for wood flooring I'm putting in all the bedrooms.

But for now I'll just make do and I subscribed to HiRez Tidal.

17. DrZhivago

DrZhivago Hedonist

2018. Power cord refresh.

1 x Analysis Plus Power Oval 10 for my M6si
    2 x Isotek Initium for 2 Schiit Vidars.

[​IMG]

timind, LeeS, dcottrell6 and 3 others like this.
  18. Strat-Mangler

Conclusions? :)

Jrr likes this.
  19. DrZhivago

DrZhivago Hedonist

Photo taken this morning.
    Conclusions will have to wait until the weekend. ;)

Regards

Strat-Mangler likes this.
  20. Jrr

Jrr Forum Resident

Guess I will post my new ART9 M/C cartridge here even though you already know about it!

21. Miha Podlogar

Miha Podlogar Well-Known Member

I did it too - Arcam A29 amplifier. Super !

dcottrell6 and Strat-Mangler like this.
  22. Vinyl Fan 1973

Vinyl Fan 1973 "They're like soup, they're like....nothing bad"

What do you think of the M6si? Have you tried the internal phono stage, if so, what are your thoughts? Two weeks ago I bought the M5si, not yet burned in, but right out of the box I was impressed.

Those are sweet cables, notice any difference yet?

23. Strat-Mangler

I have an AVR350 which sounds terrific. What did you have before? Was the A29 a big upgrade?

24. amgradmd

amgradmd Forum Resident

I'm celebrating the new year with a couple new toys. First I go three PS Audio Stellar M700 monoblocks for my front and center channels and a Stellar S300 stereo for the rears. This replaced my five channel McIntosh MC205. Simply awesome. Huge uprade. Then to finish it all off I got a Gold Note Mediterraneo turntable with GN Donatello Gold cart. See my thread on the subject, but suffice to say it's incredible.

dcottrell6 and Shoalcove like this.
  25. Melvin

Melvin Forum Resident

Decware SE84UFO .. been curious about SET amps for a while and placed an order a few days before Christmas.

SandAndGlass and Ham Sandwich like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.