Post photos of your systems/rooms here! (Part 15)

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Halloween Jack, Mar 28, 2015.

1. Claude Benshaul

Claude Benshaul Forum Resident

Go bold! The worst that can happen is that you will have to repaint the walls, just look at it as an opportunity.

For years my walls were all painted white until I got sick of it and decided to make a sharp departure and throw plenty of bold colors. What I did is select one wall from each room and painted it with a colorful textured paint. It took me some time to get used to it but now I find the rooms very inviting and pleasing, but then I might have no taste at all...

That's how it looks when I crash-land on the couch to watch movies or listen to music. The Platypus impersonation is courtesy of Vibram.
    [​IMG]

And that's how it looks from the study corner, you can see one of the Axiom Audio QS8 surround speakers hanging on the corner wall (The slug-like grey cat is optional).
    [​IMG][/IMG] [​IMG]

Dred, barfko, dahoo and 25 others like this.
  2. action pact

action pact Music Omnivore

So last night as I was brushing my teeth, I realized that we had painted the bathroom pretty much the same peach color! The original 1961 wall tiles and bath & sink are a light green color, and the colors look very 'vintage-correct.'

:agree:

The additional splashes of color from the pillows really works well. Nice job!

What are those things on your feet? Baseball mits for feet?

Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
  3. phish

phish Jack Your Body

Sure! I wish I had access to Loons!!! They never make it to MS and I always miss them in LA. They don't sit on shelves long anymore.

james likes this.
  4. Claude Benshaul

These are Vibram FiveFingers Shoes. Super comfortable minimalist shoes but I can't say they add elegance or style, unless you go to a penguin convention.

action pact, 33na3rd and PhilBiker like this.
  5. beercanchicken

beercanchicken Legendary Stickman

I recently repainted my place and decided to go 1 color darker on the swatch in 2 rooms, which most people don't recommend, but I love it because it makes things mellower. Also, the decoration plays a big part, there's probably a really good wood that would mellow out the "electric". White or cream will probably only brighten it.

SirMarc and action pact like this.
  6. mrz80

mrz80 This page intentionally left blank

Rockin' the toe shoes, neighbor! My wife and older daughter are both more or less into 'em. Oh, and what's the story with the katana on the bookcase? :D

7. SandAndGlass

SandAndGlass Twilight Forum Resident

Orange is the new black.

PhilBiker and Manimal like this.
  8. George P

George P Notable Member

:laughup:

9. action pact

I'm going to repaint it. The accents in the room are either maroon or walnut-brown, so maybe a lighter earthtone is the way to go? Maybe tan or beige? :shrug:

10. SandAndGlass

Is it close to this color of this vintage Fiestaware?

[​IMG]

The color is called Radioactive Red.

[​IMG]

It is called that for a good reason. The orange color comes from the uranium oxide ore that is used for the coloration.

[​IMG]

And yes, it is radioactive.

You should pick up some plates and coffer cups in this color, just for serving coffee and snacks in you audio room.

From Wikipedia:

Brilliant red Fiesta (and indeed the red glazes produced by all U.S. potteries of the era) is known for having a detectable amount of uranium oxide in its glaze, which produced the orange-red color. During World War II, the government took control of uranium for development of the atom bomb, and confiscated the company's stocks.[6] Homer Laughlin discontinued Fiesta red in 1944. The company reintroduced Fiesta red in 1959 using depleted uranium (rather than the original natural uranium), after the Atomic Energy Commission relaxed its restrictions on uranium oxide. In addition to pottery glazing,

11. jon9091

jon9091 Master Of Reality

It looks like it might be a small-ish room, so lighter colors should make it feel bigger.

triple and Ron P. like this.
  12. Manimal

Manimal Forum Resident

Vibram = broken toe:)

13. Manimal

Manimal Forum Resident

Or a giant infinity mirror:)

jon9091 likes this.
  14. Seafinch

Seafinch Preferred Patron

Am I allowed to be the voice of dissent? White. All white. :)

[​IMG]

JUCO, barfko, Jeff SSM and 77 others like this.
  15. Ron P.

Ron P. Forum Resident

I've done much painting in my life. If the result is darker than you thought, that is a common mistake. In general, always go at least two shades lighter than the sample appears to get the color you want. And also, what you said, buy a pint and paint a small section first.

bluemooze likes this.
  16. Beautiful. All white is great too. All depends on the room.

Manimal, Ron P. and Seafinch like this.
  17. action pact

I like that very much, it looks very Scandinavian! But its effectiveness is due to the white furnishings and light wood... which I do not have.

Manimal and Seafinch like this.
  18. action pact

Now I know why Fender named this finish "Fiesta Red."

[​IMG]

Aftermath, jerico, RDriftwood and 7 others like this.
  19. Ron P.

Ron P. Forum Resident

Yep...I'm a big fan of white...but I'm a black and white photographer and printer so.... all my photos on the walls don't have to compete with color.

Seafinch's space is always a delight for me! I love it!

20. Claude Benshaul

White is a colour too and it has it's places and uses. It looks to me that you managed a very nice balance that is both aesthetic and pleasing to the eyes.

Seafinch likes this.
  21. Claude Benshaul

The Katana belongs to the GF. It was the only place I could stash it without enduring her wrath.

22. Claude Benshaul

Havn't broken anything yet and they helped me tremendously when I lost a lot of weight and needed to re-learn how to stand and walk, but that's another story. I don't run with them and they are super comfy so I wear them a lot when I'm relaxing at home.

Bonus: They drive the GF crazy when she see me flex the toes and flap the feet to the sound of music, just like a walrus does with his flippers.

23. SandAndGlass

Too bad it does not have any uranium oxide in it.

It could be named Electric Radioactive Fiesta Red.

PhilBiker and action pact like this.
  24. action pact

The player has to supply the radioactivity!

SandAndGlass likes this.
  25. pdxway

pdxway Forum Resident

New changes for new year.
    Moved sub to front. Not using my JL audio d110 sub and only using Seaton Submersive F2 (right of tv).

Moved back my James Grand Symphonic 10 speakers to front. I replace the KEF LS50 with James because I miss the bass guitar "feel" too much. : )

Nothing fancy, but I do enjoy the "fuller" sound.

[​IMG]

CowFish, CrazyCatz, arar and 13 others like this.