Acoustic Sounds shipping

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by bajaed, Jan 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bajaed

bajaed Forum Resident Thread Starter

Was ordering a title from them and in checkout I'm being hit with a $15 shipping charge. Seems high. Any discount codes active right now?

I realize I can get free shipping on $89 or more but I'd rather not order anything else right now.

2. ssmith3046

ssmith3046 Forum Resident

I've been a customer for a long time and their bullet proof packing and FedEx delivery is worth it to me.

3. MisterBritt

MisterBritt Senior Member

At this moment there is a 10PERCENT discount on music that could be applied. You saw that?

4. Bender Rodriguez

Bender Rodriguez RIP Exene, best dog ever. 2005-2016

Request media mail

Goodfella likes this.
  5. bajaed

Thanks. Both good suggestions.

6. Brian Lux

Brian Lux One in the Crowd

Love their excellent packaging. First rate!

ssmith3046 likes this.
  7. bajaed

10PERCENT didn't work. Placed order but feel shipping is high.

Will call them tomorrow about code problem.

8. Selteab

Selteab Free-hand sketcher and dancer of the hokey-pokey.

No options posting overseas (to Australia at least) and often the postage is more expensive than what you’re buying. But the packaging is excellent.

9. curbach

curbach Some guy on the internet

I never buy unless there is $89 worth of stuff I want :)

(But I have plenty of local options for smaller vinyl purchases.)

10. Admerr

Admerr Forum Resident

I do the same. I usually wait until I have enough that meets the $89 threshold or I have enough bourbon in me to pull the trigger on random records to hit $89.

dzhason and curbach like this.
  11. OtisWms

OtisWms Member

Sounds familiar.......:)

As mentioned, they use Fedex and proper packaging. And they probably try to "value average" the little extra on the small orders to offset the free shipping on the larger ones. Works for me.

12. bajaed

Acoustic Sounds was great to work with. Called them and they sent it Media Mail for just a few bucks. My new copy of Greensleeves by Shoji Yokouchi Trio arrived today in bulletproof packaging. Can't wait to play it tonight. The pressing looks pristine and the vinyl looks to be flawlessly clean.

Will be ordering some more titles from Acoustic Sounds. The beautiful catalog they included has a lot of things I really want.

13. George P

George P Notable Member

Acoustic Sounds no longer offers free 2-day FedEx shipping for orders over $99.

Now, orders over $99 ship USPS Priority Mail.

You can still get 2-day FedEx, but it will cost you extra. For my potential order of 4 SACDs, that would be $18.39 extra!

14. Admerr

Admerr Forum Resident

This must have just happened. I received a 2 day FedEx order last week (Wednesday). Order total was $130. Shipping was free.

15. Bender Rodriguez

According the Acoustic Sounds site, (in-stock) orders over $99 still ship free via USPS Priority Mail or FedEx. The new bit is that (in-stock) orders over $49 now ship free via USPS media mail.

16. George P

George P Notable Member

They probably haven't updated that blurb. No free FedEx offered to me anymore. And I have placed many over $99 orders with them in the past. They gave me free FedEx shipping every time. Not anymore:

[​IMG]

17. Bender Rodriguez

Is there much of a difference between USPS Priority Mail and FedEx? I find the USPS to be far more reliable than FedEx.

18. George P

George P Notable Member

My experience is the exact opposite.

Myke likes this.
  19. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

For the last year or so, Fed Ex has remained extremely reliable here, arriving in exactly two day from being shipped.
    Priority from USPS can get "sidetracked" for a week to 10 days, just like it's low rent brother, Media Mail.

20. George P

George P Notable Member

I just called Acoustic Sounds and found out that there are more shipping options than those above. You just need to click on "Show All Shipping Options" and then you can choose FedEx Residential (or UPS Ground) for free.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2019
    Myke and Admerr like this.
  21. MusicFan57

MusicFan57 Forum Resident

They also changed recently to free shipping on orders over $49. Ordered the Beatles Sgt Pepper 2lp for $49.98 on Jan 21st. The free shipping is slow, I just got the album yesterday, Jan 28th. They had just changed that, because before when I was looking, it was free shipping over $89. I called and asked if I was losing my mind and they said no, they had just changed it to $49 for the free shipping. My first order from them, it was packed very well. I was afraid from it traveling all over the country to get here, that it would be beat up, but the album was perfect inside. Glad they lowered the free shipping, because I wasn't about to pay $18 in shipping for this.

22. nightenrock

nightenrock Forum Resident

Anybody have experience with Acoustic Sounds’ FedEx Reaidential shopping options?

I placed a rather large order with them on Tuesday and it was marked as shipped on my account page on their site that same day. It’s now Saturday night and still no records. Acoustic Sounds never sent me tracking info and there is no tracking info on my account page.

They were being shipped from Salina, KS to The northeastern US. I can’t find a mention of FedEx reaidential on FedEx’s site but the ground map shows up when I goodlier it and according to that it should’ve been here Friday.

Of course it’s a holiday in the US on Monday, so no customer service at Acoustic Sounds or deliveries until Tuesday. Meanwhile Acoutic Sounds charged my credit card right away and has my money.

Pretty annoying.

23. George P

George P Notable Member

I have used FedEx residential with them many times, never any problems. Usually get my stuff in three days.

If you go to "My Account" then click on your order number, you should be able to get more info, including tracking. There will be a button that says Track It that if you click on it will give you tracking info.

24. nightenrock

nightenrock Forum Resident

Thanks. There is no tracking link in the order. I clicked on an older order though and see where it should be. My guess is they goofed and haven’t actually shipped the order even though it is marked as shipped and has been since Tuesday (it’s now Saturday night). Bummer on a long holiday weekend to be out the cash and not have my order. Hopefully they’ll make good and at the very least overnight the order when they reopen next week.

George P likes this.
  25. ellingtonic

ellingtonic Forum Resident

They are having problems. I called Tuesday about an order I had placed that included pre-order items. I got emails about the items being in stock and noticed my order had not shipped so I called Tuesday and was told it would ship that day. Friday I checked again and they still had not shipped. I was told my order had gotten hung up, but they couldn’t explain why hey didn’t catch that Tuesday when they checked it. It finally yesterday, which is a week later than it should have based on the items being in stock. I think their problems are beyond IT and may order AP stuff through Music Direct go8ng forward.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.