Post photos of your systems/rooms here! (Part 15)

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Halloween Jack, Mar 28, 2015.

1. SandAndGlass

SandAndGlass Twilight Forum Resident

We just repainted the Motel office a soft shade of white. I think it looks good during the day.

But, the real reason, is that at night, we can create all kinds of effects with colored lighting, that you would be unable to do, if the room was painted with a colored paint.

action pact and Seafinch like this.
  2. vudicus

vudicus Forum Resident

Slightly off topic, what's that you're watching on the TV?

3. pdxway

pdxway Forum Resident

I just discovered her a couple days ago. If you search youtube for "lp live session" you should see a few videos.

I think is either

Or

LP - Muddy Waters [Live Session] - YouTube

vudicus, jpelg and Ron P. like this.
  4. ChristianL

ChristianL Senior Member

One of the best settings in this thread, so far (in my oppinion, that is)

Rickchick, Robert C, beverett and 3 others like this.
  5. action pact

action pact Music Omnivore

Hard to disagree! And that's really saying something.

sacsongs likes this.
  6. Ron P.

Ron P. Forum Resident

I saw her a year or two year ago somewhere on the TV. I found her very impressive!

pdxway likes this.
  7. pdxway

pdxway Forum Resident

Yes, I like her style!

8. PhilBiker

PhilBiker sh.tv member number 666

Current office system rack. I have a small block that I'm planning to hold the extra headshells but it's not ready yet.

[​IMG]

barfko, CowFish, Quake1028 and 28 others like this.
  9. varyat

varyat Forum Resident

10. inperson

inperson Senior Member

I noticed your several posts of this set up and room. Have you shown an outside picture of the building before? I'd like to see. No need for insulation in the roof? Doesn't get cold there?

11. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

I found it difficult to find a colour I liked in the tan/beige spectrum.

Just a suggestion, if you're looking for something warm and cozy you could go with white, and there are so many variations that you could get one that leans towards warm rather than say ice blue. Then use accessories (pictures, soft furnishings) with colours to help bring some colour and more warmth in the room. To that, add some lighting (table and floor lamps, which you appear to have already) and you could get the room you're looking for.

It might sound like more work but it really isn't because trying to find the right colour can be a very long and laborious process. Much longer than finding an orange cushion, should you want orange back in your life :)

I have to deal with smaller spaces (yours look small) and had been through a lot of colour swatches trying to find the right one. My original music room was about 13x13 and I painted it a midnight blue, which was totally awesome for a few years, but then I went grey and the room is much brighter and more inviting to use on a daily basis. The dark blue colours was great but it definitely made the room feel smaller.

timind, action pact and bluemooze like this.
  12. JeffMo

JeffMo Format Agnostic

Man's best friend doesn't understand where sweet spot is! :D

Shoalcove likes this.
  13. james

james Summon The Queen

We keep coming back to this Benjamin Moore color called Linen White. Check it out. I’d paint the whole house that color but my wife likes complexity.

PhilBiker, eddiel and action pact like this.
  14. Jerry James

Jerry James Rorum Fesident

This is my office set up. Has everything that was included at time of original sale, I think. It's a beautiful piece in outstanding condition, but it needs some work. Wish I could find someone who can work on German tube consoles...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. action pact

action pact Music Omnivore

Great suggestions, thank you.

I agree, I'm having a hard time with tan also, it looks too "Pottery Barn," if you get my drift.

Benjamin Moore Linen White could be just the ticket! Thank you!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

canonlon, Kyhl, Chris C and 6 others like this.
  16. She’s more into the music than the soundstaging and stereo effects lol! She parks herself in front of the stereo in the evening waiting for me to play some tunes. I hate to admit it but I often put on a jazz playlist for her if I’m going out. She’s a good dog.

mreeter, timind, Robert C and 4 others like this.
  17. Propinquity

Propinquity Forum Resident

If you don't mind driving 12 hours, I know someone in Long Island who can probably fix this for you. I'm sure there are closer options. Good luck.

PhilBiker likes this.
  18. Seafinch

Seafinch Preferred Patron

The outside is not spectacular. Just an old garage. The roof is actually insulated - we stripped the old wood shingles off, put a layer of plywood, then 6” of rigid insulation foam, another layer of plywood and the a metal roof. It’s probably more efficient than my house is.

CowFish, inperson, PhilBiker and 4 others like this.
  19. Clonesteak

Clonesteak Forum Resident

I can see it now: Audio sheds grip the nation. All audiophiles are building sheds or turning old garages into Audio Safe Havens. ASH griping the nation.

20. Aftermath

Aftermath Senior Member

Just got a Marantz 2225 receiver, so I thought it would be good to post a photo.

[​IMG]

21. Seafinch

Seafinch Preferred Patron

Should you and I pitch the reality show to HGTV?

Pinknik and Clonesteak like this.
  22. Funky54

Funky54 Coat Hangers do not sound good

[​IMG]

Crappy pic, but my bedroom for the orange theme.

23. Claude Benshaul

Claude Benshaul Forum Resident

Is it an IKEA POANG chair in the background? I had the same chair and foot rest for years at home and it was one of the most comfortable lounging chairs I ever used. The main drawback is that it's very Roomba unfriendly.

Rickchick and SandAndGlass like this.
  24. Clonesteak

Clonesteak Forum Resident

Would it sell to the masses?

25. Funky54

Funky54 Coat Hangers do not sound good

Yep. Everything is Roomba unfriendly... Mine is now out in the screened patio picking up bits of sand everyday.