Jimmy Page says previously unheard Led Zeppelin music will be released for band's 50th anniversary

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by bartels76, Dec 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike Dow

Mike Dow I kind of like the music

I received the same calendar and thought the same thing. :)

ODShowtime and John Buchanan like this.
  2. John Buchanan

John Buchanan I'm just a headphone kind of fellow. Stax Sigma

If that's the case, may the compression with KS be NOT (in Yoda voice, please)..

duneman, superstar19 and mick_sh like this.
  3. screechmartin

screechmartin Senior Member

Thanks. I don't think I had realized that it was broadcast on the radio. That raises a couple of other issues: what other Zep shows were broadcast on the radio apart from the BBC shows? And, why, given the flood of grey market releases of radio broadcasts from other artists, do we not see the same thing for Zep?

4. marmalade166

marmalade166 Sous les pavés, la plage!

I think the Paris '69 show was broadcast on the radio, least that's where the bootleg purported to come from

But yes, from early days there could well be more out there - I seem to remember a story about Peter Grant going to a radio station and demanding the tapes of a show but I can't remember where or when

5. Stefan

Stefan Senior Member

6. BIGGER Dave

BIGGER Dave Forum Resident

Interesting. The 2017 Rhino calendar featured LZ The Complete BBC Sessions for SEP 2017.

ODShowtime and tinnox like this.
  7. jay.dee

jay.dee Forum Resident

Or maybe Kezar Stadium, June 2, 1973. :)

8. ODShowtime

ODShowtime jaded faded

What a fun show. 1973 Zep in an outdoor stadium in the afternoon. Must have been some good times. No Quarter in the daylight is weird.

Sean, DrBeatle, Murph and 3 others like this.
  9. rockclassics

rockclassics Senior Member

This would be good as long as it contains some additional bonus material from the two shows. I also suspect there will be a vinyl release too.

But I sure hope there will be more audio releases during the year. HTWWW by itself is not much of 50 year anniversary celebration.

10. PacificOceanBlue

PacificOceanBlue Senior Member

There were rumors for years that the Kezar Stadium was multitracked, but it is unclear if that is the case.

DrBeatle, BPrice and jay.dee like this.
  11. WonkyWilly

WonkyWilly Forum Resident

The supposed "FM tape" or "PRE-Fm tape" appears to be phony, as it doesn't even come close in quality to the first bootleg LP, which is now considered the gold standard.

As far as I know, there is no info out there as to where the original boot LP actually comes from...if it's even a radio broadcast and what channel broadcast it. Kind of a mystery.

I compared many bootleg CD sources and they are all poor compared to that first LP. You wouldn't even know that some of them were soundboards.

Rockin' Robby likes this.
  12. ODShowtime

ODShowtime jaded faded

Man I would love to have the original lp of mudslide.

WonkyWilly likes this.
  13. WonkyWilly

WonkyWilly Forum Resident

The LP in question is actually "Pb".

"Mudslide" was a later spinoff of that LP.

Rockin' Robby and ODShowtime like this.
  14. ODShowtime

ODShowtime jaded faded

Yes I thought about that after I posted. Shooting from the hip...

15. All I ask is that whenever anything official or substantive about this comes out, that a kind Gort rename the thread title, and put something about where the announcement is ("see page 57") in the actual thread title.

TOO MANY TIMES I've only barely half-followed lengthy threads like this, only to discover weeks later that there was actual (real) new information released -- inevitably buried 20 pages farther back from the then 'most current' discussion.

Please, please, please -- when some real solid info eventually comes out about this, somebody please change the thread-title to let people who aren't following this discussion closely know what's going on. Thank you!!!

16. I'm sure there will be a whole new thread. Just look for that. This one doesn't seem to be the one for you, but it is for many others and we 'watch' it.

17. BPrice

BPrice Senior Member

That would be killer!

18. Daniel Falaschi

Daniel Falaschi Live detective

19. DrBeatle

DrBeatle The Rock and Roll Chemist

I've heard that as well, but sadly all that exists for that show is an AUD tape and a fragment of a SBD tape. Shame, too...it's a killer, fun performance.

20. ponkine

ponkine Senior Member

That's not exactly "previously unheard" Zeppelin music

:shrug:

After all the rumours and excitement, a cash-in re-release of HTWWW would be a major disappointment

Roberto899 and DrBeatle like this.
  21. Daniel Falaschi

I am not saying anything of this is "new"...:eek::confused:

I would also be dissapointed seriously if the "unheard" stuff is only a remastered, even expanded HTWWW. :thumbsdow:rant::doh:

rockclassics and ponkine like this.
  22. PacificOceanBlue

PacificOceanBlue Senior Member

Yeah, if HTWWW is simply reissued with "Tangerine" (the "unheard" music), that will be a major, massive disappointment. Pessimism aside, one suspects, there will be a new set of unheard live material later this year.

ponkine likes this.
  23. Daniel Falaschi

So far, the only "tangible" news of what could be in the works was provided by JP himself, when he said he had been listening to Dazed & Confused from january 1973, which leads us to Southampton University.

24. rockclassics

rockclassics Senior Member

Maybe there will be a press release. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.