What is your most valuable LP (according to auction results)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Vinylfindco, Oct 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cellery

cellery Well-Known Member

Probably my NM/NM copy of Eric Dolphy Outward Bound on New Jazz. I also have an original mono of Zombies - Oddyssey and Oracle but it's only about VG/VG (still a great listen though!).

Mose expensive I ever owned was a VG+/NM- Kenny Drew Undercurrent but I recently flipped it for a few hundred bucks worth of profit. Great record, one of my favorite hard bop sessions and I woulda loved to keep it but I can't really legitimize having such an expensive record on the shelf in my current financial situation. ;)

Last edited: Feb 10, 2017
    seed_drill likes this.
  2. bRETT

bRETT Senior Member

The Birds, the Bees & the Monkees.

Neonbeam likes this.
  3. ThmsFrd

ThmsFrd Forum Resident

Steven Wilson - Insurgentes 4xLP

4. Chrisedge

Chrisedge Forum Resident

I have 3 sealed copied of The Police's Synchronicity in the "very rare" black and white (2 copies), and "rare" Bronze, Gold, Silver version (1 copy).

[​IMG]

5. samthesham

samthesham Forum Resident

My original pressing of The 13th Floor Elevators "Psychedelic Sounds" LP autographed by all original members after I met them in 1966 during a performance at my uncles bar (The Cellar) in Dallas Texas. Was appraised by top organization @ $1800.00 in 2015.Personally 5 grand wouldn't touch it!Not for sale now or ever.

6. perplexed

perplexed Forum Resident

7. mwheelerk

mwheelerk Sorry, I can't talk now, I'm listening to music...

Nothing dramatic with about 10 in the $200 - $250 range

8. Alistair

Alistair Forum Resident

Among other things I collect records on the Holyground label. It’s had to find any of the ten or so albums released on Holyground under £400. I have a copy of Jumble Lane, I saw one sell for £2000 last year. I paid £1 about twenty years ago for mine.

9. Jgirar01

Jgirar01 Forum Resident

Have quite a few lps that are in the hundreds of dollar range but when I think of value I think about my complete Dave’s Picks Grateful Dead cd series including the bonus discs. Not a cd collector so I may end up selling them at some point. Amazing what they are going for these days. Believe me , I have bought much more that I could get cheaper now than I have bought that have increased in value so glad for this little win.

Doggiedogma and seed_drill like this.
  10. seed_drill

seed_drill Senior Member

Since I used Collectorz rather than Discogs to index my collection, there is no way for me to accurately know what my most valuable record would be. I never stopped buying vinyl through the 1990s, so I have a ton of rare pressings from that era. However, I know each one of them is a reissue away from total value collapse.

11. Guitarded

Guitarded Forum Resident

I guess now it is my sealed copy of the MoFi 1-Step Abraxas release.

12. seed_drill

seed_drill Senior Member

I love The Dead, but I don't exclusively love the Dead, nor anywhere near too it. That's why, after getting about a dozen Dick's Picks titles I just had to give up. I don't have any Dave's Picks.

13. Hardy Melville

Hardy Melville Forum Resident

Not sure it's the most valuable, but I have Axis Bold as Love with the riverboat label.

Mr. LP Collector likes this.
  14. seed_drill

seed_drill Senior Member

I've got the Lawn Boy. Wish I had the Junta.

15. For me its The Rolling Thunder Review 3LP box first edition. I bought two copies on day of issue. One has very slight water damage after a minor flood. My insurance paid out over 500euros for the damage! I still have both copies.

FrixFrixFrix likes this.
  16. sleeptowin

sleeptowin Forum Resident

Comus - First Utterance. Original Dawn Press

17. weirdoc

weirdoc Forum Resident

18. Desolation Row

Desolation Row Forum Resident

Welp, I thought it was my vinyl copy of the limited edition release of Sun Kil Moon's Ghosts of the Great Highway released on Cameron Crowe's boutique label. It was going for $500. I just checked Discogs, and I learned that it's being reissued this year. So much for that!

I guess my first US pressing of Nick Drake's Pink Moon is now my most valuable record.

What a bummer. Thanks for ruining my morning, music forum!

19. mogambotek

mogambotek Forum Resident

I felt the same way about my Red House Painters originals until they reissued them a couple years ago. Now Sun Kil Moon!!

20. AKA Bubbleup

AKA Bubbleup Forum Resident

Thanks for the pic and I really, really mean that. All of this time I was under the false impression that the color variations were limited to the inner sleeve & label (not plain as day on the outside). For years of casually hounding the bins I'd peek inside each full color cover thinking "One day I'm gonna find me one of those b&w's inside"...

Chrisedge likes this.
  21. Desolation Row

Desolation Row Forum Resident

Yup, I also own the double 10" version of Ocean Beach. But I see that was reissued in 2015! Well, not the 10" version, but still, it drove down the value of my copy.

And I was contemplating selling Ghosts of the Great Highway, not because I don't love my copy, but because $500 really would have helped me develop other areas of my collection.

Too late!

22. Roycer

Roycer Forum Resident

I picked up from ebay maybe 10 yrs ago are they worth anything?...maybe someone her knows...Thanx[​IMG]

23. FrixFrixFrix

FrixFrixFrix Senior Member

Based on highest selling price via discogs...

Box set: David Bowie - Five Years 1969-1973 ($664.25)
    2xLP: The White Stripes - Live In Mississippi ($366.71)
    1xLP: Beck - Midnite Vultures ($480.94)
    7": Lee Moses - Bad Girl ($349.16)

cartologist likes this.
  24. Arkay_East

Arkay_East Forum Resident

Discogs shows this going for $2 - $10 ... just a FYI. Looks like there are 11 copies for sale over there.

25. FrixFrixFrix

FrixFrixFrix Senior Member

Got mine for somewhere around $140 on ebay 7 or 8 years ago. One of my favorite Dylan releases. Are yours the 140 or 200-gram?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.