Post photos of your systems/rooms here! (Part 15)

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Halloween Jack, Mar 28, 2015.

1. Rob Jenkins

Rob Jenkins Forum Resident

I suspected that was the Hipgnosis book in the third photo. The fourth confirmed it! It's great, but I feel like they missed a trick by not publishing it in a larger format. It will probably make an appearance when I put my listening room pics on here.

I like how your office is twice the size of my listening room! You Americans and your massive houses... Great photos as usual. Any reason you took them in B&W? (Particularly as colour has been a hot topic here lately)

bluesaddict likes this.
  2. I love the Hipgnosis book. I get the size thing but I love that I can sit, hold it and flip through it easily unlike my other massive sized art books. Either way it's still cool.

I guess I was in a black and white mood and my office downstairs is pretty monochromatic anyway. Light grey wall paint like I posted earlier. and my Flor Carpet Squares are grey and black.

The CD wall and baseboard trim are the same white and (I painted that ceiling beam black). Aside from the vintage teak wall unit (found pretty cheaply actually) I have bits of deep blue around. The JBL 100 blue grilled speakers and the day bench which is dark blue leather...and bu red Strat. Getting so damn metro sexual around here :tiphat:

There’s so much stuff in this room I think it’s best with a simple light color.

Here are some color images for you

[​IMG] [​IMG]

3. Synthfreek

Synthfreek I’m a ray of sunshine & bastion of positivity

Mondo here in Austin have released a few limited Tikis that are film themed. I have the Gremlins and Alien ones and they're awesome.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. action pact

action pact Music Omnivore

The favorite one in my collection is from Tiki Bob's in San Francisco. I found it at the swap meet in Alameda about 15 years (the same place I found that neat lamp), and now they go for around $150!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. bajaed

bajaed Forum Resident

I'm in on the Tiki! I'll try to put some pics up this weekend.

action pact, Mazzy and Synthfreek like this.
  6. Art K

Art K Retired but not tired!

Lovely!

7. avanti1960

avanti1960 Forum Resident

Mazzy we used to have a house with the same floor plan as yours so I can relate to how the space would feel as if you were there. You have made it look spectacular!

Mazzy likes this.
  8. Thanks. Yes is a semi track split level. The flippers took out the walls around the small lit hen to open the main room. Added a beam in the addictvto support it all.

9. Morbius

Morbius Forum Resident

Creamsicle!

10. action pact

Creamsicles are always a delicious treat!

11. action pact

You live in Kon Tiki... no, I mean Kentiki... uh, Kentucky!

PhilBiker and SandAndGlass like this.
  12. bajaed

bajaed Forum Resident

Hah! I actually have the Denny cover in your avatar (along with another of his) framed.

PhilBiker likes this.
  13. action pact

Martin Denny totally rules!

14. Dominick

Dominick Forum Resident

I see Winterland '73 and So Many Roads, anything else?

15. Bob_in_OKC

Bob_in_OKC Forum Resident

If you go the Sherwin-Williams route, the colors around Natural Choice, Alabaster, and Pure White (trim) work nicely, although the gray as discussed is the more current design trend.

Natural Choice SW 7011 - White & Pastel Paint Color - Sherwin-Williams

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
    PhilBiker and bluemooze like this.
  16. And sign up for Sherwin Williams email promos. If you are buying the paint yourself they seem to have 30% off sales monthly. Probably even this holiday weekend.

17. Chris C

Chris C Music was my first love and it will be my last!

Thank you! Between you, action pact and Mazzy, I'm going to have my moms house looking great and hopefully sold soon!

PhilBiker and action pact like this.
  18. trd

trd Forum Resident

I thought @action pact was just a big Tampa Bay Buccaneers fan

[​IMG]

19. SandAndGlass

SandAndGlass Twilight Forum Resident

Then you ought to visit us Fort Lauderdale. We have the world's most iconic Polynesian restaurant, The Mai-Kai, complete with tiki bar and tropical gardens. It is privately owned by the same family who started it back in 1956.

[​IMG]

This is located directly on US1

[​IMG]

This is the main dining room and show area. This is the REAL DEAL!

[​IMG]

The tiki bar

[​IMG]

This is one of the back dining rooms away from the show area. I usually eat here, if not in the gardens out side of the windows.

[​IMG]

The outside gardens.

You might get a few ideas for your orange tiki room! :)

16hz lover, rocnred, Donniej and 23 others like this.
  20. SandAndGlass

SandAndGlass Twilight Forum Resident

You are lucky, textured walls help diffuse sound in your listening room.

Manimal and Mazzy like this.
  21. deanpar

deanpar Well-Known Member

22. deanpar

Something different.... Here's my Upstairs system --- Peachtree Nova 150 - B&W CM6 S2 - SVS SB 12 NSD Sub - Sony DVD player - lead shot filled DR Pro 36" stands
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    It's really my Golf Practice area -- Net Return net - can Actually swing a driver in there...
    [​IMG]
    And Downstairs Workout/Theater - Wadia 860 - Bryston 4B ST - Vandersteen 3A Sig - Schiit Eitr - Velodyne 15 DLS-5000R - Camelot Dragon - Sony ES and HP 65 DLP - Floor is MMA Gym Floor 3x3 Tiles
    Transparent and Nordost interconnect.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Stereo Setup is just PC->Eitr->Wadia->Bryston->Vandersteen -- The Sony ES decodes and powers the Center and Rears - Sub - Camelot De-Jitter cleans up Blu Ray to Sony

23. deanpar

More music toys downstairs! Same room - DR Z Carmen Ghia and Maz 18 JR Reverb - Fender Deluxe Reverb - couple of USA Strats...
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

24. action pact

I love this!

SandAndGlass, PhilBiker and Mazzy like this.
  25. M.R.Collins

M.R.Collins Forum Resident

It probably looks nice but I can't tell just show same old photo bucket bs!

PhilBiker likes this.