More ...Signed Photos, LPs, Picture Sleeves, Promos, Memorabilia, Ephemera, etc.*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Maranatha5585, Oct 20, 2017.

1. VatiBobo

VatiBobo A Scotsman in Canada

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Signed copy of Bruce Springsteen's autobiography 'Born To Run', and my wristband for the meet and greet. The tickets for the event went on sale on a Tuesday morning (CAD20, if I recall correctly) for the event on the Thursday. I think there was 500 tickets available and the sold out within about 15-20 seconds, so I missed out. Later that day, I spotted that many websites were reselling the tickets for hundreds and thousands of dollars. I thought this was odd as the listing clearly stated that the tickets would have the purchasers name on them and ID was required. Concerned that people may get ripped off on the resale market and end up not being allowed in, I looked for a way to contact the organisers.

I found the email address for the person running they're social media and sent them an email to make them aware of the resale listings. This was around 10pm on the Tuesday but I got a reply from him within minutes thanking me and assuring me that they were working to get the listings shut down. We had some email back and forth and he also contacted me the following morning with updates. Eventually, he asked for my phone number and called me. It turned out that he was the VP for events and was the person in charge of the whole event! As a token of his gratitude for me contacting him, and for how I'd dealt with it (they'd been taking a lot of heat online for how quickly they sold out, so I think he appreciated how I had communicated with him), he offered to add me to his guest list to meet Bruce! After a quick call to my work boss, I was able to arrange the time off to go and see The Boss.

A wonderfully bizarre and unexpected turn of events, and something I'll never forget.

OneStepBeyond, oboogie, AJK74 and 5 others like this.
  2. VatiBobo

VatiBobo A Scotsman in Canada

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This signed deluxe box set of Manic Street Preachers' Everything Must Go isn't particularly rare - 1000 copies were available. However, it's an important one for me as the original 1996 release of the album was a real turning point for me as a music fan. Growing up sharing a room with an older brother, I listened to whatever music he listened to. This album was the first CD that I bought and was the first time that I had a band that was 'mine' and not just something that he listened to. They remained my favourite and for 5 years or so, at which point my tastes changed and have since gone on various paths through rock, soul, blues, folk etc. I rarely listen to the album or band anymore but it holds a lot of sentimental value as the starting point for a 21.5 year musical journey, hence why I just had to get this signed deluxe edition when I heard about it.

3. Maranatha5585

Maranatha5585 BELLA + RIP In Memoriam Thread Starter

John Lennon - WFiL Radio "Helping Hands Marathon" Charity Event
    Here is a brand new addition... an absolutely NM gem original 8'' x 11''
    handbill from the Philadelphia 1975 weekend event. Not a crinkle..
    Also included are some candid photos of the weekend events.
    c., May 16 - 18, 1975.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
  4. Maranatha5585

5. Maranatha5585

Ian McDonald - Musician, Producer, Songwriter ... Genius
    HONEY WEST - "Bad Old World" .. New Album.

The extremely brilliant multi-instrumentalist, et al - is at it again!
    He has joined forces with Shakespearean actor/guitarist Ted Zurkowski,
    Ex Wings drummer Steve Holley, and Ian's son Max McDonald on bass.
    Ian has produced the album, and is thrilled to be back playing rock and roll.
    They play the Knitting Factory NYC Jan. 25th, then some possible dates in
    Nashville. No firm tour details announced. I think it's time for a Nashville
    road trip...

[​IMG]

Dementia - Honey West (Official Lyric Video)

[​IMG]
    Yikes! ... how we have changed since Atlanta 2004

Last edited: Jan 10, 2018
    oboogie and adriatikfan like this.
  6. progmog

progmog Senior Member

It's rare for me to covet vinyl owned by others....but in this case, I will make an exception :drool:

Gasman1003 likes this.
  7. Gasman1003

Gasman1003 Forum Diplomat.

Thanks, it took me a long time to find one, definitely the jewel in my collection

Derek Slazenger likes this.
  8. progmog

progmog Senior Member

I can believe that. Plenty of unsigned and unnumbered copies out there, but a signed and numbered copy has been on my wants-list for years!

Derek Slazenger and Gasman1003 like this.
  9. Maranatha5585

Greg Lake - King Crimson, E.L.P. , et al...
    The "voice" of the prog LP masterpiece "In The Court Of The Crimson King".
    Greg started playing guitar at 12 years old.. the same year he wrote his first song,
    "Lucky Man". After major success with King Crimson and Emerson, Lake & Palmer
    he put down the bass, and picked up the guitar .. He released his debut solo s/t album
    "Greg Lake".

I had told a story earlier of how Greg came to WDVE - FM 102 in Pgh, PA for an on-air pre concert interview. I was working in the master control room as a production assistant at the time. The PD had left a note for me to cut a promo station ID with Lake for the station.
    We got on super and he knew I was an obvious Crimson fanatic... He offered me back stage passes for the evenings show. Unfortunately, I was working a twelve hour shift, and got off noon the next day .. After recording and producing a great station ID.. we had a nice talk, an autograph, etc .. and he promised me he would leave an all-access International backstage pass for the entire tour at the front desk of the Hilton. I walked over the next day and there it was!

[​IMG]

The earlier post showed the autograph, etc. and full story, but the pass was packed
    away .. I have since found it.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
  10. Maranatha5585

No Words ... ?

Have no idea what or where this is from... I picked it up somewhere.
    It's worth thousands of words to me .. a magical mystery to me.
    [​IMG]

11. stepeanut

stepeanut The gloves are off

I have one word to describe it: fake.

The Dylan photo was taken on the set of the 1973 film Pat Garrett & Billy the Kid. The Elvis shot is from the 1969 film Charro!

Sorry, Bruce.

12. Maranatha5585

Oh well, I knew Bob was from the Alias character, thought maybe Elvis some how stopped on set ... seemed to good to be true, and it is.
    With the b&w and shadows, it looks pretty cool though.

13. Maranatha5585

KING CRIMSON ~ HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

[​IMG]

Forty-nine years ago today, down in the basement of the Fulham Palace
    Road Cafe .. Greg Lake, Ian McDonald, Michael Giles and Robert Fripp
    plugged in their instruments and King Crimson were born. Peter Sinfield
    had located the space a week earlier, and along with roadie Dik Fraser had
    hauled all the equipment downstairs to the cramped surroundings.

After everyone was set up and ready, they played for an hour and a half.
    Cover versions of "Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds" and "Michael From The Mountains" .. along with original music being tried out like Michael Giles' "Tomorrow's People", Fripp's "Drop In", and Greg Lake's "Lucky Man".
    ... Oh, to have been a fly on the wall.

[​IMG]

Located at 193 Fulham Palace Road, W6 ..
    A steady stream of visitors made their way down stairs to see the magic that was happening ..
    E & G of EG, Island, and others, but the most impressed were various members of The Moody Blues .. who were keen to sign them to their Threshold label.

King Crimson would call the basement home base for the next two and a half years .. ending sometime Autumn 1971. Fripp returned once during the summer of 1972 to hear a band called Waves who were rehearsing there .. the violinist was David Cross.

Sid Smith - DGM

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
  14. CBS 65780

CBS 65780 "Could I do one more immediately?"

Thanks for posting. Great stuff.

Giorgio and Maranatha5585 like this.
  15. Maranatha5585

Bob Dylan - "The Cutting Edge" .. Collectors Edition
    U.S. Columbia Bootleg Series Vol. 12 .. the massive box set
    covering 1965 - 1966. CD's / 45's w PS's, two books, film strip,
    promo sheets, custom 45 adaptor, etc .. Limited edition, with
    number # 3968 / 5000. Extremely blessed to receive Bob Dylan
    playing live for my ten cut film strip.
    c., 2015.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 14, 2018
  16. stepeanut

One of my favourite releases of all time.

What’s on your film strip, Bruce?

I was lucky enough to get number 0078/5000, and my film strip features cells from the iconic Time magazine interview.

17. stepeanut

Here’s mine:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. Maranatha5585

My all time favorite non Beatles photograph .. of The Beatles
    c., mid 60's.

[​IMG]
    too cool...

19. Troyh

Troyh Forum Resident

My Brave Face Display:
    [​IMG]

20. Troyh

Troyh Forum Resident

Ringo Stand Up floor display, (about 4 ft. high):
    [​IMG]

OneStepBeyond, jricc, oboogie and 2 others like this.
  21. Troyh

Troyh Forum Resident

Ringo P.O.P. display:
    [​IMG]

22. Troyh

Troyh Forum Resident

33 and a 1/3rd ceiling display:
    [​IMG]

Maranatha5585 likes this.
  23. Troyh

Troyh Forum Resident

Cloud Nine, pop stand up:
    [​IMG]

24. Troyh

Troyh Forum Resident

Bruce,
    My buddy, Gary Astridge, has been worked with those 'holy grails'. I've grilled him endlessly, being a drummer myself, on all aspects of the kits.

25. Maranatha5585

Bob Dylan - 50th Anniversary Collection 1963
    E.U. Sony / Legacy 12" 6 x LP box set .. Very limited edition release in sw.
    This box set is referred to as the "copyright extension" release.
    Only available in four or five European countries, they sold out almost immediately...
    This is the first time it was on vinyl .. Exact number is unknown, but believed to be less
    than 1000. It was a nightmare for the people there, only a couple sets per certain stores, etc.
    Ebay prices to the moon, long distance calls to GE finally secured one, expensive and a real
    pain.. and long wait.
    c., 2013.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 17, 2018