Kiss bans Iron Maiden t.shirt worn by interviewer.

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by redfloatboat, Jan 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Siegmund

Siegmund Vinyl Sceptic

Pathetic.

They are clearly NOT joking but deadly serious - and massively insecure.

Paul comes across as camper than a row of tents and Gene needs to lose about half his current bodyweight.

I really hope Singer and Thayer are being paid well for their part in this self-humiliation.

johnny q, Frosst and Endymion like this.
  2. mdent

mdent Forum Resident

Frankly, that's embarrassing.

g.z. and Frosst like this.
  3. Jackson

Jackson Senior Member

I’m all for banning Kiss.

4. johnny q

johnny q Forum Resident

I like the way Eric Singer and then Gene piled on after Paul's statements. Actually, I don't "like" it at all. Eric should keep his mouth shut and be happy he is the hired hand that he is. And what an ignorant statement about no one wearing other teams jerseys at their home stadiums. Yeah, no one ever does that:rolleyes: Music is competitive sports now? Sorry, this was crappy behavior on the part of Kiss and that member of the press should have stuck up for himself.

BurtThomasWard likes this.
  5. Sordel

Sordel Forum Resident

Maybe that’s a Metal thing: my experience has been the opposite. I can remember a friend saying to me that he thought it was strange that I’d wear a Richard Thompson shirt to one of RT’s concerts. Generally at the concerts I attend the guys who look the part are wearing shirts from other bands and the ones who look pathetic are the ones who look like they fell down the merch tree and hit every branch on the way down.

6. toddrhodes

toddrhodes Forum Resident

I wonder if they're upset those interviewers likely didn't listen to KISS music before the event, as per the unwritten rules (which in so far as I've ever known applies to band t-shirts like said above)

7. Vinyl Socks

Vinyl Socks The Buzz Driver

Fake. Staged. Anything to make 4 fat ba$t^^^s feel like they are somehow relevant in today's world.

They're not.
    :hide::hide::hide::hide::hide::hide::hide::hide::hide::hide::hide:

BurtThomasWard likes this.
  8. mr.dave

mr.dave Forum Resident

That‘s insanely embarrassing.

If they were cool, they would wear Iron Maiden shirts!

Meyer, CBS 65780 and Frosst like this.
  9. ModernDayWarrior

ModernDayWarrior Senior Member

They’re just jealous because Iron Maiden have the coolest shirts lol

Man at C&A, Meyer, SickAgain and 4 others like this.
  10. Siegmund

Siegmund Vinyl Sceptic

Do you get the impression that Singer (maybe Thayer, too, though he wisely 'keeps out of it' here) are doing all they can to embed themselves in Gene and Paul's rectums, so that 'the bosses' will keep them gainfully employed?

Beyond sad if that is the case: Singer is supposedly the best drummer Kiss has ever had, with an impressive CV of his own. He shouldn't need to do this.

Frosst likes this.
  11. Kate_C.

Kate_C. abyssus abyssum invocat

Of course it should be BTW - from halfway across the world - who expands my English underground vocabulary of male anatomical insults on this idle morning in the silent heart of Appalachia's deep-freeze; it provides a perfect abusive accoutrement to "bollocks"!

SHF is like the adult version of Saturday morning's School House Rock: a palatable blend of music and education, but with a higher alcohol content.
    [​IMG]

David Stilesson and budwhite like this.
  12. egebamyasi

egebamyasi Forum Resident

Trying to be funny but they just look like clowns.

13. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

They make it hard/impossible to be a fan when they behave like this. My response would've been "are you serious?" if the answer is yes then "ok the interview is over" that will be our article.

Turbo2k likes this.
  14. DrZhivago

DrZhivago Hedonist

What a bunch of plonkers

15. BurtThomasWard

BurtThomasWard Guided by Loke In Memoriam

Well, when in Rome... :D

16. Nah, even in metal it's considered a noob move to wear a band's current tour shirt to a show. If you're going to wear the band's "colours", it should be from a previous tour, ideally a particularly vintage one. Them's the rules, sonny. :)

longaway likes this.
  17. BurtThomasWard

Then again, aren't KISS, AC/DC, Maiden and Metallica sorta the noobiest of 'metal' bands? I like 'em all, but when their fans congregate I usually have to fight the urge to run even if top dollar have been paid for tickets.

ianuaditis likes this.
  18. Toddarino

Toddarino Total Hunk

I gave up defending Kiss about 20 years ago. They make it real hard to be a fan.

Frosst likes this.
  19. redfloatboat

redfloatboat Forum Resident Thread Starter

Great way of insuring they get a great review for the show.

20. Todd68

Todd68 I'm Listening

I grew up in the 1970s with Kiss and I loved them. Destroyer dragged me in when it came out and I had everything up to Dynasty. I dressed up as Ace for Halloween, bought the Marvel comics saw the Halloween Special and Kiss Meets the Phantom when it aired. Glorious times for sure. I remember reading the letters in Alive and being completely enamoured, mystified and intrigued. I was also a kid. I love everything up to Dynasty (I like some things about that one, but the magic was getting thin). If you look at old pics from the early years, they look amazing. I can still put on Rock and Roll Over and get totally lost in the nostalgia of it. Those albums take me back. So how do I deal with this sort of video? I completely separate the Kiss of my childhood from who they are now. The video is ridiculous. There is nothing magical, mysterious or remotely interesting about anything they say or do now. That is particularly true with Gene. I will forever love the halcyon days of 70s Kiss and that era, but they are gone. Well, at least until tonight when I pull out the Pop Rocks, put Destroyer on and pretend it's 1976.

21. Frosst

Frosst Vinyl-obsessive kiddo

They are the most popular but not most "nooby", why would you think they are that?

22. nodeerforamonth

nodeerforamonth Consistently misunderstood

Funny... you can tell who read the headline and who actually saw the video. They were joking.

It shows how they have a fun sense of humor. Unlike 99% of this forum.

23. tkl7

tkl7 Agent Provocateur

Nobody goes to a show to look at what other people are wearing. It's a show, not the Golden Globes.

Ignatius likes this.
  24. BurtThomasWard

Because they are the first bands you get into? And also the bands that people who don't usually like that racket enjoy, as well.

No need to get offended, friend, I was just trying to be a jerk/funny7something other as usual. I started out with those bands as well and I still like most of them just as much (if not more) today ;)

25. BurtThomasWard

I take it you do not go to a lot of hipster metal shows then. Lucky man!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.