Good deals on Amazon.co.uk--updated regularly (Part Three)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by superstar19, Oct 15, 2014.

1. struttincool

struttincool Senior Member

Amazon.UK
    BOB DYLAN: The Bootleg Series, Vols. 1-3 (vinyl)
    26 British sterling or $41 shipped to USA
    Can't get link to work.

2. mestreech

mestreech Forum Resident

The Johnny Cash massive box is also down to about roughly 200 dollars but the vinyl is rumoured to be very bad.

3. imarcq

imarcq Men are from Mars, I'm from Bromley...

lightbulb and latheofheaven like this.
  4. struttincool

struttincool Senior Member

Had to grab the Otis Redding: Studio Album Collection [VINYL] Box
    £55.99/$70 shipped to USA

Still a couple more boxes at 40% off I'm thinking about.

5. garrincha

garrincha Forum Resident

that's a very good deal on the Otis box. great packaging and stellar sound. you won't be disappointed!

struttincool likes this.
  6. Dubmart

Dubmart Senior Member

Based on the posts in the thread about it I think it would need to be well under £100 for me to bite, a real shame they messed up the most important thing, the pressing quality.

7. TakiJones

TakiJones Senior Member

Smiths Queen is Dead - 5 LP Box
    $44.00 including shipping to USA
    Amazon UK

8. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

Id have grabbed that Otis set, but Amazon still cant package worth a damn. My Mathis set came with no inner packaging and the boxset split all to hell. Nothing. And this was after I had sent an email pleading for them to please properly package the item. "Zaid" assured me that it would be packaged well. It wasnt.

Ridiculous that they cant take an extra minute to throw some wrinkled paper in a box at the very least.

Sorry, back to the thread topic!

9. latheofheaven

latheofheaven My Pants are FULLY Analog...

That really is inexcusable... I don't think I've ever ordered any box sets from them, but I order single albums all the time. USUALLY, they get that right. Sorry to hear that mate...

mpayan likes this.
  10. Dubmart

Dubmart Senior Member

The Otis comes in a box without any additional packaging unfortunately nor worth the risk of a long journey.

mpayan likes this.
  11. Graham

Graham Senior Member

Both the Wilco vinyl deluxe reissues of AM and Being There have dropped to £14.99 and £32.99 respectively.

harmonica98 and mick_sh like this.
  12. inspiracy

inspiracy Senior Member

frogfog, mestreech, imarcq and 6 others like this.
  13. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

Last edited: Jan 24, 2018
  14. superstar19

superstar19 Authentic By Nature Thread Starter

Thanks! I had been going back and forth on a few of the 40% off selections just because not as much of a huge deal due to how much the pound has been increasing versus the USD, but this sealed the deal for me. Appears to be one time use only coupon.

15. culabula

culabula Unread author.

?

It does work on preorders. I immediately deleted several of mine this morning, then re-ordered them until I went over 50GBP then applied the code. No problem.

One of the items was "Heavy Horses" to be released in March.

16. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

You are absolutely right, sorry for being misleading in my post. My error was that the order total dropped below the £50 minimum when VAT was removed.

I deleted my Marillion Brave order and re-did it to include Heavy Horses (thanks for the lead!) and added the Prince 2 CD comp 4Ever at £4.79 to push the post-VAT total to just over £50.

17. lightbulb

lightbulb Not the Brightest of the Bunch

Has anyone successfully used the discount code BIGTHANKS more than once....?

Also, how does the TOP UP 5GBP promo work?

18. imarcq

I just returned a £150 box set i just took delivery of a day ago, so I could get it for £140!!! Crazy I know but I hadn't even opened the seal yet!! I asked if they would just refund £10 but said I had to do it the long way to get the deal....so Amazon end up paying double shipping plus £10 offer.

Robert C and latheofheaven like this.
  19. garrincha

garrincha Forum Resident

add 50 to gift card, get 5 off your order. so, in theory, you could get £15 off a 50 quid order.

lightbulb likes this.
  20. culabula

culabula Unread author.

Very odd that they would agree to that.

imarcq likes this.
  21. imarcq

I made a very good case! :) They've already refunded the £150 and I only just shipped it back! Replacement at £140 is shipping soon. So was worth the shoeleather!

22. Black Elk

Black Elk Music Lover

Telling them you're a 'stud muffin' is not making a good case! :laugh:

Seriously, incredibly dumb that they would not just refund you the difference.

Oh well, I'm about to talk to Amazon US about a late shipment (how about receiving a shipping notice 2 hours and 40 minutes AFTER the expected delivery time -- explain that one!).

imarcq likes this.
  23. imarcq

Flattery gets you everything lol. Ask for a discount, say you've been subjected to acute anxiety and need immediate recompense! ;)

24. Black Elk

Black Elk Music Lover

I didn't ask for anything, I just wanted to bring the issue to their attention (not the first delayed shipment issue I've had across Amazon US/UK/Ger lately, with only Amazon Japan seeming to always meet or exceed its arrival dates, and I mentioned the reports here about missed deadlines too), but they extended my wife's Prime membership by a month as a courtesy. The crazy thing is that the item was being shipped from a warehouse which is only just over an hour from me, even the Amazon rep was flummoxed by that.

Anyway back to Amazon UK....

25. latheofheaven

latheofheaven My Pants are FULLY Analog...

You cheap [email protected], with your increasing pound... as if you UK guys didn't have it too easy already... :disgust:

The Beave, mestreech and Krzych like this.