Why the Vinyl Boom is Over - WSJ

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by seaisletim, Jul 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AcidPunk15

AcidPunk15 Forum Resident

The only vaild poin they make is that 80% of new LPs or Reissues are from digital sources and sound bad.

2. Deaf_in_ LA_1974

Deaf_in_ LA_1974 Forum Resident

I feel like a lot of young people are just fine with the digital source to LP, if they still get the big artwork.

I would expect that to be the future of vinyl. The same as cd at 4 times the price, with big artwork.

I predict mid-2019 we will even need separate stores, like punks and metalheads wouldn't cross paths in 1984, Audiophile vs Hipster. PICK YOUR SIDE and don't come in the others store!!!

AcidPunk15 likes this.
  3. Danby Delight

Danby Delight Forum Resident

80% (at a bare minimum!) of new LPs were recorded digitally so there never was an analogue source, and the vinyl almost always sounds less squashed than the CD or download.

Fishoutofwater and AcidPunk15 like this.
  4. Deaf_in_ LA_1974

Deaf_in_ LA_1974 Forum Resident

5. AcidPunk15

AcidPunk15 Forum Resident

They basically do you can tell by clientele, the price of their vinyl and location of the store. If the LPs are overpriced and in a trendy part of town a lot hipster will be there. If the shop is run by some "snobbish" 50 year old man, the vinyl is cheap/fair, and in a financially sensible part of town, you know the shops is good the minute you walk in.

Fishoutofwater likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.