Bob Dylan – Bootleg Series Vol. 14: More Blood, More Tracks (2 Nov 2018)*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Dave Gilmour's Cat, Nov 2, 2016.

1. Heart of Gold

Heart of Gold Forum Resident

Maybe Sony Records and Bob Dylan office don't bother to release a copyright edition for a couple of interesting, maybe good outtakes.

2. PADYBU

PADYBU Forum Resident

I'd prefer a Planet Waves & BOTT set over an Oh Mercy & BOTT set. Call it Red Waves..or Forever Tangled :pleased:

3. Champagne Boot

Champagne Boot Ain't nothin' gonna break my stride

Tangled Up in Your Pocketbook is more like it. Just take my money.

a customer and warewolf95 like this.
  4. Tribute

Tribute Senior Member

Forever Tangled Up in Mercy - The 50 CD Box

warewolf95 likes this.
  5. Richard--W

Richard--W Forum Resident

They need to finish the 1960s before moving on to the 1970s and later.

Starting with a HUGE box-set on THE FOLK CLUB YEARS; they'll need at least 3o discs to cover that one. And then they have drop the other shoe on THE CUTTING EDGE by upgrading and releasing LIVE 1965 on HARD MEDIA including the concerts they left out of the download.

Once that's done they can move on to the 1970s and later.

6. Tribute

Tribute Senior Member

That set could be titled "PURE DYLAN"

I AM IN!

MDW and DmitriKaramazov like this.
  7. revolution_vanderbilt

revolution_vanderbilt Forum Resident

8. DmitriKaramazov

DmitriKaramazov Senior Member

I CANNOT argue against this!!!

9. Tribute

Tribute Senior Member

revolution_vanderbilt and MDW like this.
  10. Tribute

Tribute Senior Member

But I would like previously unheard studio sessions of Dylan's later mature voice instead of an official SONY imprint on 1960's material that has widely circulated for years

11. Nightswimmer

Nightswimmer Forum Resident

Who cares what you would like?

arthurprecarious likes this.
  12. Richard--W

I would like to hear Dylan's current voice record solo acoustic versions of his classic folk songs from 1961 to early 1965 including all the long epic poems.

Just Bob being Bob.

uzn007 likes this.
  13. Tribute

Tribute Senior Member

I think if Dylan had re-recorded in the studio many of his tunes with his band and his voice from the late 1990's, it would be a career highlight. Maybe it exists

uzn007 and gottafeelin like this.
  14. Richard--W

With his band? I don't know. I suppose it would be a career highlight BUT there's a special quality in the voice that only comes through when there's no band accompaniment for it to adjust to. When Bob goes solo he's on his own timing and modulation. A natural voice comes through. That's when the special quality is present.

People need to rediscover The Times They Are A-Changin' LP and the live concerts from that period. Dylan sang like a folk Sinatra during that time.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
    Minstrel Boy likes this.
  15. They have done lots of 60's releases already.I would much prefer the next 5-6 volumes to come from later periods before they go back to 60's again.

16. Richard--W

If they finish up on the sixties they can go onto all the things you want to hear without being restrained by unfinished business.

17. revolution_vanderbilt

revolution_vanderbilt Forum Resident

Hey guys what am I allowed to want for the next volume?

BurtThomasWard, jlf, Fred1970 and 2 others like this.
  18. Tribute

Tribute Senior Member

I assume you heard his acoustic band, particularly when he did the long acoustic sets in 1999 to 2001. That band was superb and his arrangements for an acoustic ensemble were excellent. Before he developed that sound, the short acoustic sets that he did earlier were almost perfunctory.

However, I would really enjoy a 10 CD set of Bob Dylan solo, with only his piano.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
  19. Tribute

Tribute Senior Member

Your wish must fit inside this delivery truck. Anything larger is being selfish.

[​IMG]

20. jgkojak

jgkojak Mull of Kansas

Blood on the Tracks.

Infidels to Knocked Out Loaded

Sean Murdock likes this.
  21. Yes, agreed. I have the full uncut Town Hall and Carnegie Hall shows from '63 and the Royal Festival Hall from '64. To me, the experience of listening to these easily surpass that of listening to any of his first four albums.

Richard--W likes this.
  22. Richard--W

I agree those concerts are awesome, but I wouldn't go so far as to say they surpass the experience of listening to the albums. To my ear those live acoustic concerts are part of the listening experience that includes both the concerts and the studio albums of the early sixties.

His vocals on The Times They Are A-Changin' LP have never been surpassed.

23. Percy Song

Percy Song A Hoity-Toity, High-End Client

"North Country Blues" in particular is a masterpiece...

four sticks and Lewisboogie like this.
  24. PADYBU

PADYBU Forum Resident

How about a box set of his all time worst tracks and performances, get all that out of the way first :righton: down there for dancin

PJayBe, warewolf95 and mark ab like this.
  25. peerke

peerke Senior Member

There wasn't much to put on a Copyright Series 2017, was it? Almost anything recorded that year was on The Bootleg Series Vol. 11: The Basement Tapes Complete. And the only known outtake from John Wesley Harding is "I'll Be Your Baby Tonight" with some extra harmonica, which was on Biograph.

Perhaps a Copyright Series Single 2017 was in order?