The Who Fillmore East 1968

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by whodanny, Feb 13, 2018.

1. DrBeatle

DrBeatle The Rock and Roll Chemist

Me, too! I've always loved the song...quintessential Who power pop.

2. rednoise

rednoise Senior Member

I'm just waiting for this to show up at amazon USA. Take my money, please!

3. Mook

Mook Forum Resident

I can confirm that I shall be purchasing this.

4. reb

reb Money Beats Soul

According to Concert File- Substitute and Lily were performed only on the first night -April 5th- .

5. czeskleba

czeskleba Senior Member

Neither of those appears on the common bootleg version, which is sourced from an acetate. The bootleg tracklist is identical to what's above, except the end of Relax and the beginning of A Quick One are cut off, plus I'm A Boy and C'mon Everybody are not included.

jsayers and DrBeatle like this.
  6. marc with a c

marc with a c Forum Resident

Who am I kidding? Ordered both formats.

They got me again. I'm a sucker.

iggyd, J_D__, vitorbastos123 and 2 others like this.
  7. Sean

Sean Senior Member

I'm in.

Cousin It and Matthew Tate like this.
  8. footlooseman

footlooseman Forum Resident

every since i got the vinyl boot all those years ago i have pining for this to be officially released. from a four week span we have the just released yardbirds set, the hendrix shows, the dead and the cream shows and now this!

Tim Bucknall and reb like this.
  9. George Blair

George Blair Senior Member

No "My Generation" on the vinyl version? Maybe just a mistake... hoping.

10. Who'sTommy

Who'sTommy Forum Resident

Great release. Looking forward to it. But if both nights were recorded, they could add "Substitute" and "Pictures of Lily" as bonustracks. Given the fact that disc 2 is only "My Generation", there is some space there.

Matthew Tate likes this.
  11. czeskleba

czeskleba Senior Member

I don't think there's any way they could fit the entire show minus "My Generation" onto a single LP. And if it's two LPs, there's obviously no reason to omit "My Generation." So there's good reason to be hopeful.

George Blair likes this.
  12. jhw59

jhw59 Forum Resident

13. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

Nice. Had the boot at work last week. Fortunately for me, a guy I knew went on a search years ago to find the best version (no I don't know what the results were) and a cdr arrived in the mail one day.
    Now that'll be trashed.

Tim Bucknall likes this.
  14. WarEagleRK

WarEagleRK Forum Resident

Excellent!

Tim Bucknall and Matthew Tate like this.
  15. czeskleba

czeskleba Senior Member

Probably. But considering this is The Who we're talking about, I'd wait to listen to this new release before discarding the boot.

16. WhoTapes1

WhoTapes1 Forum Resident

This looks like nothing but the same old bootleg to me - the track listing is identical. Amazon has lots of bootlegs for sale.

Matthew Tate and dee like this.
  17. Lownote30

Lownote30 Bass Clef Addict

Not released by UMC (aka Universal).

uzn007, The Ole' Rocker, jlf and 3 others like this.
  18. RockDude4492

RockDude4492 Forum Resident

Preordered from Amazon UK, waiting to see what prices are from Amazon USA or Bull Moose. Very excited about this!

Matthew Tate and musicfan37 like this.
  19. czeskleba

czeskleba Senior Member

No, it's not. As noted, the bootleg does not have "I'm a Boy" or "C'mon Everybody." And since the amazon blurb says the show is remixed by Pridden, we can presume it's also going to feature complete versions of "A Quick One" and "Relax", both of which were cut on the acetate-sourced boot.

20. WhoTapes1

WhoTapes1 Forum Resident

I’ll be shocked if turns out to actually be anything different than the circulating bootleg, despite what the track listing claims.

peachyg72 and Matthew Tate like this.
  21. ralphb

ralphb "First they came for..."

I just hope they didn't edit out the banter between songs, that stuff is priceless.

22. czeskleba

czeskleba Senior Member

It seems unlikely that whoever wrote the amazon blurb would completely make up all that stuff about Pridden remixing the tracks. Or that they'd lie about "C'mon Everybody" being on the album, and even drawn attention to it with the comment "the latter unavailable elsewhere" clearly referencing the boot. It appears to be an official release (it's on Universal). There's no reason to believe The Who would not have a tape of the show. I can understand pessimism when it comes to Who releases, but I think in this case you are taking the pessimism too far without good reason.

23. reb

reb Money Beats Soul

I hope the 50th Annv theme is not an indication of future releases. Yes, ok for Woodstock 1969. However, waiting until 2021 for a Who's Next 50th is too far into the future. Many fans have already lost interest as we age. Put the live vault releases out Now !

24. WhoTapes1

WhoTapes1 Forum Resident

Let’s see what further information comes out - these early information write ups on Amazon are known to list erroneous details. I hope it is correct.

25. PatrickG

PatrickG Forum Resident

I've been hoping for this since the '70s. I hope this beats the TMOQ bootleg I've had for years as well as the download from Wolfgang's Vault.

Odd that they would omit some really cool numbers and still keep "Boris the Spider"--that's a shambles with Daltrey and/or Entwistle forgetting how the lyrics went.

whodanny and WhoTapes1 like this.