Albums you bought because you heard them supported live

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Price.pittsburgh, Feb 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Price.pittsburgh

Price.pittsburgh Forum Resident Thread Starter

1990 I bought the cassette of Flowers In The Dirt after seeing Paul McCartney live in Miami.
    I really enjoyed the new songs at the time which was surprising to me.
    At that point I only had best of McCartney material on vinyl.
    In 1993 I initiated buying all his solo work on cd starting with a re buy of Flowers in the Dirt.

MDW likes this.
  2. MDW

MDW Howard The Duck's Biggest Fan

I bought Richard Thompson - Electric after seeing the trio in Memphis. Had to buy the album:D

3. Ethan B

Ethan B Forum Resident

Guitar Wolf after seeing them support The Ramones. Sadly the album stunk.

4. pinkrudy

pinkrudy Senior Member

I never heard of the band garbage back in the 90s until i went to a concert that had all girl bands. I think k-roq sponsored it. Bought that album right after.

5. stef1205

stef1205 Forum Resident

JSBX - Plastic Fang, after seeing them live during the Easter Rock Night in 2003.

6. Purple Jim

Purple Jim Senior Member

I love that album.

stef1205 likes this.
  7. Sammy Waslow

Sammy Waslow Just watching the show

I saw The Blue Nile on the Peace At Last tour in July 1997, and I'm pretty sure I'd not heard a note of their music beforehand. At the time, it was one of the best shows I'd ever seen, and I still remember it with great affection. I'd got two free tickets and couldn't persuade anyone to go with me. The fools! I promptly bought their entire back catalogue.

I've seen a lot of support acts that impressed me enough to fork out for their albums at the merchandise stand afterwards. Luke Toms supporting Nerina Pallot in February 2007: I bought his 12" EP. Attic Lights supporting Camera Obscura in April 2009: I bought their Friday Night Lights album on CD. Blitzen Trapper supporting Wilco in August 2009: I bought their LP Furr. I bought Curiouser by Kate Miller-Heidke after seeing her support Ben Folds in February 2011. I saw Wonder Villains supporting Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark in May 2013 and supporting They Might Be Giants the following November. I bought their self-titled debut album when it was released in June 2014.

8. Chemguy

Chemguy Forum Resident

It's a good question. Upon reflection, none.

Interesting.

9. DPK

DPK Forum Resident

Elf Power, The Mendoza Line, and the Glands (three bands that opened for Guided by Voices at three different Athens, Georgia shows around 2001/2002)

10. BluesOvertookMe

BluesOvertookMe Forum Resident

Bruce Springsteen - High Hopes

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.