‘Lost In Space’ series reboot in the works

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Deesky, Oct 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

and why is that? Sorry, I just have to know...

2. Michael

check out a few original eppy's on you tube...this ain't LOST IN SPACE...the remake that is.

Encuentro likes this.
  3. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

I’ll give it a shot. Thanks.

Michael likes this.
  4. Michael

cool...after seeing the remake tell us what you think. : )

Encuentro likes this.
  5. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident Thread Starter

Why exactly? The clip showed nothing about what the show would be like, other than a good looking cast. I mean, it could end up sucking, but based on that clip, you really can't tell.

agentalbert and Encuentro like this.
  6. Michael

OK, if you say so...HAHA...

7. Blimpboy

Blimpboy Forum Resident

It was the "Look, we are serious" slow motion walk down a ramp. If this show goes to far to the extreme to be intense I won't watch it. If you want to be original, don't revive classic shows.

8. I will give it a shot. The original Lost In Space was perfect for this kid (well, until the talking carrot episode)but I've grown up and don't expect the same thing. Let's see what they do with it. The cast looks good.

9. Blimpboy

Blimpboy Forum Resident

I'm all for Lost in Space being fun. Not silly, just a smile on your face while watching. I don't want conflicted love triangles and constant angst. The original was surreal escapism when it wasn't pure camp. Not sure if people want that. The Orville is trying to tread the line with varying degrees of success.

10. BILLONEEG

BILLONEEG Senior Member

"Lost In Space" was one of my favorites as a child so I am really looking forward to this updated version. I didn't like the movie at all. Time will tell.

11. Blimpboy

Blimpboy Forum Resident

I'm in the minority of those who liked the 1998 film. Thought it was well done. Had the tone of the first 5 episodes of the series. I even own the expanded soundtrack.
    [​IMG]

Dr. Pepper and HGN2001 like this.
  12. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident Thread Starter

Yeah, that was beyond terrible - The Black Hole level terrible!

13. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Haaaaaaaaarible! Unwatchable by humans.

14. Michael

I sorta liked it...I fondly remember Jonathan saying he thought Gary was very good in his part...he also said he was a fine actor.

Pete Puma and Dr. Pepper like this.
  15. Blimpboy

Blimpboy Forum Resident

I liked The Black Hole. Terrific cast. Not so" special" special effects. But as a long standing Dr. Who fan I can forgive execution when the intentions are good. And I have that soundtrack too! John Barry.
    [​IMG]

HGN2001 and Al Smith like this.
  16. BILLONEEG

BILLONEEG Senior Member

I hated the revised Robot. Nothing like the original. I especially hated the Jupiter 2. The simplicity of the original made it more like a home. The updated one for the movie seemed like it was prepped for battle. I also loved the way the original lifted off. Simple but beautiful.

17. HGN2001

HGN2001 Mystery picture member

I avoided the LOST IN SPACE movie for years and then one day caught a small segment on YouTube or somewhere and it interested me. So I found a cheap copy of the Blu-ray (not hard to do at all!) and enjoyed the film. It was fun and yet had some interesting science-fiction elements to it. If anyone was mis-cast, it was Matt LeBlanc and his "Joey in space" attitude. The rest of the cast was fine. I wasn't crazy about the robot's design. Generally, I hate these magical machines that morph in front of your eyes into all sorts of weird shapes. But at least the robot was voiced by Dick Tufeld. It was also nice to see some of the old cast get cameos in the film.

As I don't have Netflix, I probably won't be watching the reboot. If it gets tremendous reviews or something, then I'll figure something out.

Blimpboy likes this.
  18. Pete Norman

Pete Norman Forum Resident

say it ain't so!

Michael likes this.
  19. Michael

it is and there's nothing we can do about it...HAHA!

Pete Norman likes this.
  20. Will Harris

Will Harris Forum Resident

I enjoyed that movie, too. John Barry's music helped to move it along. I have that soundtrack, along with many other Barry records on vinyl. The movie could gain more fans if they ever showed it on Tv in my area. I haven't seen it for over ten years.

Blimpboy likes this.
  21. Blimpboy

Blimpboy Forum Resident

Are you aware it was released in an expanded edition on CD?
    BLACK HOLE, THE

22. Will Harris

Will Harris Forum Resident

No, but it's very hard to upgrade everything I own on vinyl. I have a couple of thousand records. I have some of the expanded James Bond scores.

23. SonOfAlerik

SonOfAlerik Forum Resident

I'll check it out. I hope they use the later theme song as the score and update it. I always liked that one.

24. Michael

dream on...LOL. Probably be a hip-hop score...

25. I’m as big a fan of the original LIS as the next person, but it’s not like the show itself was totally original with the basic premise being Swiss Family Robinson set in space. I’ll give the new show a chance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.