Beatles Mono VINYL box set (Part #16)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by hodgo, Nov 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. teag

teag Forum Resident

No. Neither of mine have been. This must be standard.

2. johnnybrum

johnnybrum Forum Resident

Neither of my boxes, either, nor any of the LPs..... Only the book is sealed

3. Benno123

Benno123 Forum Resident

My mono masters was sealed, not in a sleeve but wrapped. The book is sealed, everything else is in sleeves only. 4 albums in and all sounding great with no flaws so far!

The Beave likes this.
  4. Somerset Scholar

Somerset Scholar Ace of Spades

I got one with 79 thousand and something on it.

5. Jerry Horne

Jerry Horne WYWH (1975-2025)

Your Mono Masters should have been sealed.

Benno123 likes this.
  6. johnnybrum

johnnybrum Forum Resident

Apologies, you're right....Mono masters is sealed. Forgot about that.:tiphat:

Benno123 and Jerry Horne like this.
  7. Harmonator

Harmonator Forum Resident

Just got round to opening my mono box from what records here in the U.K. it really is a thing of beauty. So glad I got round to buying one, it sits nicely alongside my complete DeAgostini stereo vinyl boxes and both cd sets.

Guess I’ll be putting the individual monos I already owned on eBay :)

heybulldog likes this.
  8. kenbefound

kenbefound Forum Resident

I 'd be interested in Sgt. Peppers if you are putting that up for sale.

9. heybulldog

heybulldog Well-Known Member

Was it the £349 you ended up paying? I'm so close to pulling the trigger but that seems so much cash to throw at it!

Harmonator likes this.
  10. Harmonator

Harmonator Forum Resident

Yeah that’s what I paid. I have 5 single 2014 mono lp’s which I will sell to offset the cost so not too bad considering.

From memory £349 isn’t that much more than the original rrp when it was first released so I would get it now before it sells out. Prices elsewhere start at £400 and upwards, unless more are pressed I can’t see it being any cheaper!

The Beave likes this.
  11. The Beave

The Beave My Wife Is My Life! And don’t I forget it!

Yes, some outer boxes were shrink wrapped and some weren't, but the inside LP's and the book were shrink wrapped.
    Again, some of this make no sense why some are and some aren't. Maybe after some were shrink wrapped the decision was made to NOT shrink the rest to minimize condensation inside the box, which would damage it as they sat in the warehouse. Just a theory.
    Now with your White Album, order a copy from Amazon and then send the defective one back for a refund. OR, G ET A SEALED REPLACEMENT for your defective one and flip it down the road, give some of the profit to a Charity of your choice and your done.
    Glad the rest of your box is good. 5 years from now they'll be selling for over a thousand dollars.
    Beave

12. Vinylfindco

Vinylfindco The Pressing Matters

Good idea. I’ll do that.

13. Vinylfindco

Just an update on the damaged White Album in the box from MusicValutz. They have kindly decided to replace the album with a new copy. Great customer service! I can highly recommend you pick up a mono box from them.

Jerry Horne and Benno123 like this.
  14. heybulldog

A random request. Could anyone give me the dimension of the shipping box and the total weight from MusicVaultz please?

15. Vinylfindco

I could tonight when I get home.

heybulldog likes this.
  16. Dinstun

Dinstun Forum Resident

17" x 16" x 8", 20.7 lbs.

heybulldog likes this.
  17. heybulldog

Very kind thank you, Dinstun has just got in there.

That's great, thank you kindly!

18. Vinylfindco

Whoops, my replacement White Album arrived very quickly (from Universal Music Canada, not directly from MusicVaultz) and before I opened it I said to myself “I hope they sent the mono” and no, it’s the stereo! Well, at least they tried. I’ll keep this (I only have a MOFI stereo version) and do as The Beave suggested and order a mono replacement from Amazon and return the defective copy from my box, and end up with an extra mono which is probably going out of print next.

The Beave likes this.
  19. kenbefound

kenbefound Forum Resident

I would contact MusicVaultz and let them know what happened.

20. Vinylfindco

I just sent an email. It is a mistake on their part so I really should hold out for a resolution. Let’s see what they say.

kenbefound likes this.
  21. Vinylfindco

Well, they said that the mono discs are only available as a bundle (box) and that they could nor replace the individual album but I could return the entire box and the stereo replacement for a refund or they would ship another new box. That seemed to much hassle plus shipping costs and I don’t want to let go of the good discs in the box, so I decided to keep the stereo white album and ordered a mono individual one from Amazon as Beave suggested. Will swap out and return, probably for a replacement to keep sealed.
    I have to say, all the negatives I heard about the US stereo pressings are pretty much true. This is my first one and the vinyl is pretty noisy. Not great pressings. Especially after the quality of the mono box. SQ is ok, but I think I prefer my old MOFI individual issue WA to this. What a shame they let Rainbo press these. Here’s hoping for an AAA stereo release of at least WA forward if not the whole stereo box pressed as well as the mono was.

Jerry Horne likes this.
  22. PatBateman86

PatBateman86 Forum Resident

New member, long-time lurker here. I wanted to use my first post to thank the people that posted the Music Vaultz deal.

jgrillo, Jerry Horne and giantleech like this.
  23. AnalogJ

AnalogJ Hearing In Stereo Since 1959

Welcome and congrats.

24. Vinylfindco

Just in time too. They sold out a few days ago. Enjoy!

The Beave and Jerry Horne like this.
  25. Szeppelin75

Szeppelin75 Forum Resident

Well my recently aquiered stereo WA from 2012 sounds excellent. Must not be from the initial badly pressed Rainbo run.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.