Led Zeppelin 50th anniversary hype..anyone else really don't care?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by ronm, Feb 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ronm

ronm audiofreak Thread Starter

Don't get me wrong I was a HUGE Zeppelin fan from the first day I heard them in the early-mid 70s and played them endlessly for damn near 30 years.But they have been gone from the scene for so long and been run into the ground on airplay that I really don't care about anything else from them if there is anything else.I don't know maybe its a good thing seeing that the guys are nearing the last chapter.

2. Chemguy

Chemguy Forum Resident

Got all the music, all the reissues, too.

I’m good.

Moonbeam Skies, KipB, snipe and 9 others like this.
  3. John Rhett Thomas

John Rhett Thomas Forum Resident

Is it threadcrapping if I say I'm pretty psyched?

4. honestabe316

honestabe316 Analog Rebel

Didnt Pagey say recently that he had a lot of material to put out some good live albums over the next 10 years? Pretty sure I just read something about this

perplexed and Crimson Witch like this.
  5. HotelYorba101

HotelYorba101 Senior Member

If it is live stuff, I am all ears. I am still excited, I love Zep and will always be excited to put on any of their songs

6. PageLesPaul

PageLesPaul To be a rock and not to roll...

Looking forward to some new official live releases!

7. mdm08033

mdm08033 Senior Member

I have all my old Diament and Sidore CDs. I borrowed most of the expanded remasters from the library for the bonus discs. I doubt I’ll ever have a surround system, so I guess I done buying Zeppelin.

8. RockRoom

RockRoom I Love My Dog

If a 1968 performance is released, hype it up!

9. TheIncredibleHoke

TheIncredibleHoke Dachshund Dog Dad

Loved them back in the day, but honestly am so bored by anything from Led Zeppelin or the Beatles these days. Time does march on.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2018
  10. Django

Django Forum Resident

They're one of the greatest rock bands ever.....but I have everything I need. I kind of bored of the heritage band business plan of endless reissues, remasters, over priced super deluxe boxsets ect....

Mikewest, Mr-Beagle, smoke and 19 others like this.
  11. DK Pete

DK Pete Forum Resident

I loved them back "in the day" and still play the studio albums quite frequently; but far as more "new" live stuff coming out, great for those who can't get enough, I guess. The only thing I'd be excited about now-other than more studio outtakes-would be remixes of the studio albums.

Christopher B and GLYNSTYLER like this.
  12. bhazen

bhazen ANNOYING BEATLES FAN

Live stuff, if strong performance(s) and good recordings. Otherwise I'm good.

13. Hey Vinyl Man

Hey Vinyl Man Another bloody Yank down under...

I'm a lukewarm fan anyway. All their albums do have at least one song I love, most have at least one I never need to hear again.

agundy, aussievinyl, E.Baba and 2 others like this.
  14. rockclassics

rockclassics Senior Member

I am hyped up about any live releases of high quality from. 1968 to 1973. After that I don't really care. And if Jimmy Page releases another show that sounds like the **** recording on the companion disc of.LZ I I'll give up completely.

As Far as studio releases I have no interest in alternate versions. I have to admit I question the authenticity of some of the alternate mixes on the companion discs. Most were not significantly different than the official versions and I wonder how many were actually from back in the day. I suspect some were created specifically to fill out the companion discs.

15. mark winstanley

mark winstanley Certified dinosaur, who likes physical product

The only things that would interest me would be a high quality bluray/dvd of a good concert from the seventies or good stand alone 5.1 mixes that are not contained in a kitchen sink box set.

elee532, audiotom and Steel Horse like this.
  16. Channel Z

Channel Z Forum Resident

Not really. I'm never buying the studio albums again. I might buy the new How The West Was Won Blu-ray. I see there will be a Record Store Day release this year, not interested. What I have for live stuff is enough.

17. Dr. Funk

Dr. Funk Vintage Dust

I'm always ready for something new from the greatest rock n roll band that ever walked the planet :thumbsup:

18. raimiz1991inc

raimiz1991inc Forum Resident

Whenever these reissues, box sets and campaigns are announced I look forward to surround mixes, remixes, previously unreleased songs and live material. Not a die hard Zep fan, but I admit I'm excited for the upcoming live releases. I guess no surround mixes are on the horizon, so I'm excited for the sake of live material. I'm very selective with the band, I only have the first six studio albums and BBC+TSRTS soundtrack and not really interested in more stuff, at least for now. But the live material is really keeping me up at night, I must say.

Crimson Witch likes this.
  19. PacificOceanBlue

PacificOceanBlue Senior Member

Not interested in the hype, but will welcome unreleased archival material.

20. lesterbangs

lesterbangs Forum Resident

There are plenty of bands making new and exciting music to listen to.

I love the Zep, but I'm not goig to get too excited over anything they put out this year.

Kiss73 likes this.
  21. bladerunner555

bladerunner555 Forum Resident

Could not have cared less about them when I was in high school,could not care less about them now.
    I am much more interested in the 50th anniversaries of Yes and Jethro Tull.

SirMarc, The Beave and showtaper like this.
  22. featheredfiend

featheredfiend Forum Resident

I'll be excited if this year brings the release of some good recordings from the 75 and 77 tours....that's about all that would excite me nowadays in regard to "new" Zep music.

23. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

Bring on them alternate mixes, baby! I am so ready for barely different mixes!

PIGGIES, Christopher B and Munros1969 like this.
  24. WarEagleRK

WarEagleRK Forum Resident

You cared enough to create a thread, so you cared some. :p

25. Sixpence

Sixpence Zeppelin Fan

ANYthing Zep, I'm there!

MikeM., moops, drobo and 4 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.