MOFI, MOFI, where for art thou MOFI ?

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by Wugged, Feb 20, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wugged

Wugged Forum Resident Thread Starter

My pre-order for the MOFI SACD of Richard Thompson's 'Rumor and Sigh' is now about 14 months old :rolleyes:
    We had a 1st birthday party early in December............... :cool:

Just wondered what the oldest age is of any of the forumite's MOFI pre-orders ? I'm sure some of you can beat 14 months !!!

P.S. Just spotted title should read 'wherefore' (Gorts can help ?). Not very good considering I'm an English teacher........... :shake:

:goodie:

Last edited: Feb 20, 2018
    Joti Cover likes this.
  2. Ry Cooder’s Chicken Skin Music SACD was announced over a year ago but I didn’t pre-order. Currently scheduled for March 9th.

Wugged likes this.
  3. sonofjim

sonofjim Senior Member

They have a long history of delays like this. I’ve had the 45 rpm Dire Straits titles pre-ordered for at least that long. When they finally are done Music Direct will need new credit card information because the one I ordered them with expired long ago.

Based on my Rumor and Sigh vinyl, you’re SACD should be worth the wait.

Wugged likes this.
  4. richbdd01

richbdd01 Forum Resident

I’ve had Breakfast in America pre-ordered for over a year I think, also Dire Straits titles...

Wugged likes this.
  5. aphexj

aphexj Sound mind & body

?? Doesn't 'wherefore' mean 'why'

LivingForever, AidanB and radiogod like this.
  6. MGSeveral

MGSeveral Augm

"Romeo, Romeo, Why art thou Romeo?"

7. aphexj

aphexj Sound mind & body

Yeah that monologue is about interrogating why he needs to share a name with something she's supposed to hate (his family)

Maybe she was just p/o'd that it was taking so long to get a shipping notice

8. Wugged

True. But the man in the street takes it to mean where, as in the popular ditty :
    Romeo, Romeo, wherefore art thou, Romeo ?
    Juliet, Juliet, I am in the toilet....:D

9. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

Does it have to be Mofi, I have 3 APO SACD titles on preorder for over 3 years.

10. MLutthans

MLutthans That's my spaghetti, Chewbacca! Staff

Hit the REPORT button.

11. bmh5879

bmh5879 Forum Resident

Didn't the Billy Joel Greatest Hits take forever?

I've had the Dire Straits pre-ordered for what feels like 2 years by now. Incredible.

12. Wugged

The winner !!!!!!

Jrr likes this.
  13. Jrr

Jrr Forum Resident

I had the Manilow hits album on order for well over 2 years. And it was just cancelled. Why Supertramp is still up I don't know...I have heard they can't get the tapes from Rick Davies. Supposedly he doesn't want anything new put out with Roger on it. Stupid!

Dave likes this.
  14. Jrr

Jrr Forum Resident

I don't know how long the Joel took, but it sure was worth the wait! I hate that they announce things far too soon, but at least what they do is typically worth the wait.

bmh5879 likes this.
  15. LEONPROFF

LEONPROFF Forum Resident

I remember in the 90’s Mofi being delayed all the time and I have given up worrying about the actual release date. When I hear it is out that is when I pay attention. Has anything gone out of print within a year of release? If it has it was a title I wasn’t interested in.

16. Jrr

Jrr Forum Resident

The Billy Joel went almost instantly out of stock. I don't think they had anticipated a $89 album going that fast. I think the Simon & Garfunkel will sell out fast too. Limited to 1500 copies I believe. But I think you're right....most of it is around for a while, I just wouldn't take a chance on anything I really wanted.

17. Dan Steele

Dan Steele Senior Member

Dire Straits SACDs, at about 16 months preorder right now

18. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

That’s what the ‘rents named me.

19. Wugged

True. Good job his dad didn't want to call him Eric. 'Eric and Juliet' just doesn't sound right..... :)

20. Does anybody remember Chicago? CTA and Chicago eventually saw the light of day but man the wait!

21. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

The Manilow does not count as it was axed. The three I ordered two credit card expirations ago are still listed.
    There may be hope one is supposedly out soon.

Lightnin Hopkins-Goin Away-Hybrid Stereo SACD|Acoustic Sounds

22. MichaelXX2

MichaelXX2 Dictator perpetuo

There's something really strange going on with MoFi. I hope they're still selling well enough to justify putting out new releases... I want more classical stuff.

I will say, they'll have to do something absolutely magical to beat the bog standard 80s US Dire Straits CDs.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2018
  23. Jrr

Jrr Forum Resident

Seems like releases have really slowed down. As a lover of their product I hope all is well. I wonder if they are struggling to get licenses with the vinyl resurgence. The labels may figure they should be releasing this stuff themselves. If so, I wish they would step up the quality!

24. Lovealego

Lovealego Senior Member

Breakfast in America SACD now shipping

richbdd01 likes this.
  25. Echoes Myron

Echoes Myron Forum Resident

Thanks for the reminder, have to pre-order the S&G and Supertramp vinyl.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.