Amazon Music Ending Support For Uploaded Files

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by sunspot42, Dec 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. opieandy

opieandy MusicIsLife

$700??? I bought a 1 TB external hard drive many years ago for about $100. Sheesh, I guess portability has its price! I back up all my music to that device as well as the cloud as well as a PC as well as a MS Zune.

2. opieandy

opieandy MusicIsLife

I do not.

3. stax o' wax

stax o' wax Forum Resident

My house did burn down, everything destroyed...except my record collection.
    And that's when I knew..... that I was the chosen one, sent to this realm to unveil the seven seals as prophesied in the book Revelations.

4. cdash99

cdash99 Senior Member

Then you should change your screen name to Genesis, so that the post would be From Genesis To Revelations.

5. Rolltide

Rolltide Forum Resident

Nobody. This concept was created by the Steve Hoffman Forums False Dichotomy Patrol who can't stop pretending they make you turn in your CDs when you subscribe to a cloud service.

6. Rolltide

Rolltide Forum Resident

You correctly point out there's no free lunch. Okay, so pay for lunch. Using the example of Photobucket deciding they can't give away their product for free to all comers is a terrible example of why somebody should avoid cloud storage.

If the government wants to search my music collection, well, I hope they find what they're looking for? not_sure_if_serious.jpg.

sunspot42 likes this.
  7. sunspot42

sunspot42 Forum Resident Thread Starter

:laugh::agree:

8. john volvich

john volvich Member

You can try MusConv tool

9. Jason Manley

Jason Manley Senior Member

I just discovered tonight (duh!) that Amazon Music has an app for Mac. And, to my absolutely delight, it supports Flac files. So I can link the "Automatically Import Music From" folder to my 'Library' folder iCloud Drive where I store my rather large Flac collection.

I'm tickled pink. If only iTunes supported Flac like Amazon – but, this'll do.

Luckily, I'm not really interested in uploading my music to the cloud anyway.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.