Beatles Mono VINYL box set (Part #16)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by hodgo, Nov 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vinylfindco

Vinylfindco The Pressing Matters

Maybe you got a German pressing. I’ve heard they are becoming more available in the states. Would have had a sticker on the back of the shrink.

2. My US stereo White was good too.

Szeppelin75 likes this.
  3. Szeppelin75

Szeppelin75 Forum Resident

Yes its an EU pressing. Your right.

This one.

The Beatles - The Beatles

4. Vinylfindco

I need to start acquiring these imports, at least from Pepper onwards. Do you have any others?

5. Szeppelin75

Szeppelin75 Forum Resident

My Peppers is the 2017 remix of the album that im happy with.

I belive i have a UK 2012 version of Abbey Road which is fantastic to my ears. My LIB is a second or third pressing from back in the day.

Vinylfindco likes this.
  6. PatBateman86

PatBateman86 Forum Resident

True. Actually I knew this deal wouldn't last long so I had a bit of a heart attack when my bank declined tge transaction. I had to call it it and approve then re-order. I'm happy to be getting this it was done im the way it should be in my opinion. All AAA and faithfully reproduced packaging. I don't understand why this wasn't done for the stereo set.

7. Vinylfindco

I know, the stereo box should have been done with this level of care. But we probably wouldn’t have the mono box in AAA and great pressing/packaging if they hadn’t f****d up the stereo project so badly. They heard the complaints and made sure the mono was done right. Will we ever see an AAA box? It seems a little too soon to go there. It would be reasonable to issue Abbey Road and Let It Be in AAA stereo pressings. I hope they do.

8. heybulldog

heybulldog Well-Known Member

FINALLY picked this up! Got a good deal as the box has a little cosmetic damage - records are brand new and pristine. Spun up PPM, AHDN & BFS - sounds incredible.

9. PatBateman86

PatBateman86 Forum Resident

Wow thought I was the only one late to the party! :laugh: My box arrived the other day and it trully is a thing of beauty ( yes this has been said for years, but seeing is believing). And to get it less than retail at this point is a real stroke of luck. I had the blue box and for me this is a huge upgrade in so many ways: mono, sleeves and outer box ( sturdy as f***). The book is really a nice touch as well. Thank god it was packed the way it was as it looked like it had been handled with an ice-pick with holes on either side. One puncture even went through to the cardboard directly wrapped around the boxset itself. The slipcover is immaculate so it was just a close call. Phew!

oldjollymon and kenbefound like this.
  10. JeffreyB

JeffreyB Senior Member

I'm getting concerned - I ordered the Beatles Box (stereo, not mono- sorry but I already have the mono) from Music Vaultz and it appears to be stuck in Chicago. Went from Toronto to Chicago in less than a day, but the last scan was on 2/24 in Chicago from USPS. Should I be worried? Do these packages have to wait for customs inspections?

Anyone else who ordered from MV, how long did it take to arrive? Thanks.

11. Vinyl Richie

Vinyl Richie Forum Resident

Chicago is customs. It tends be the abyss for packages. As long as it arrived there, you should still be fine. I ordered a box from Musicvaultz and the same thing happened. It never updated again and just showed up at my doorstep.

Benno123 and JeffreyB like this.
  12. Six String

Six String Senior Member

They did a good job of boxing/padding the inside box to protect it from the various methods shippers have found to damage their cargo. I was very impressed.

Dr. Winston Ramone likes this.
  13. Benno123

Benno123 Forum Resident

I would look for it this week. Since it arrived over a weekend that could be why. I went back and looked and my tracking never updated from Chicago to the local post office until it was marked “out for delivery.”

JeffreyB likes this.
  14. JeffreyB

JeffreyB Senior Member

Thanks Benno, I'll hope for the best! :tiphat:

Benno123 likes this.
  15. Vinyl Richie

On a different note, Musicvaultz website hasn’t been working for me in the last 2 days. Keep getting ‘server not available.’ Wondering what’s going on.

16. JeffreyB

JeffreyB Senior Member

Well what do you know, I got a new tracking scan this Sunday morning, and it's now in Virginia, headed to my local post office. It'll probably be delivered tomorrow!

Jerry Horne and Benno123 like this.
  17. JeffreyB

JeffreyB Senior Member

I just tried and got the same thing. Said either unavailable or site doesn't exist. Weird! :yikes:

18. Vinylfindco

Tracking isn’t available after a certain point. Once mine hit the states I couldn’t track it. But it came.

Dr. Winston Ramone and JeffreyB like this.
  19. JeffreyB

JeffreyB Senior Member

It seems mine still has tracking, see my update two posts back. :tiphat:

20. Benno123

Benno123 Forum Resident

Awesome, let me know what you think! I loved it, all records were quiet and sounded great. I hope the Music Vaultz website comes back, I want to buy the stereo box soon, too!

JeffreyB likes this.
  21. Vinylfindco

Wondering if they have the EU pressed stereo box?

Benno123 likes this.
  22. jdlaw

jdlaw Forum Resident

They definitely did at one point. During that great sale they had back in December 2016, I ordered a Stereo Box and received an EU pressing. No idea if that is still the case, though.

Benno123 likes this.
  23. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

It might be a technical issue, but if you have open orders waiting to be filled (i.e., not shipped) I would be tempted to call my credit card company and cancel.

24. psus2h

psus2h Active Member

Hey guys, first time poster here. Used to post regularly at vinyl collective, but it seems to have turned into amateur hour over there. Anyways, I placed an order for this via MusicVaultz, even though it shows it stock it says pending delivery. How long did it take your set to dispatch? The order was placed last Friday and there still isn't any movement, emailed support on Monday and still no response.

tinnox likes this.
  25. Vinyl Richie

I think mine took a day or two to change from pending to processing.

psus2h likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.