Biggest Vinyl Stores in Discogs?

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by Cereal Killer, Mar 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cereal Killer

Cereal Killer Forum Resident Thread Starter

Ok, I clicked on "Marketplace," "Vinyl" then "Seller" and this is what I saw

Ok good, so VinylExpressBV got the biggest inventory. So I browsed and I placed a dozen or so records in the cart but after a while, I saw that all the records in the cart were no longer available! Clicked on "VinylExpressBV" again and I saw that their inventory has slimmed down to 23,000+. Later on when I checked again, their inventory went up back to half a million.

So what's up? Is there a glitch somewhere or did I did something silly?

2. SixOClockBoos

SixOClockBoos The Man On The Flaming Pie

What I assume seller's do is that they take down some items and relist them so that they'll get into the wantlist notifications of people who have the items they have for sale on their wantlist. There are so many times that I get 60+ items on my wantlist and when that happens, over half are from VinylExpresBV or sometimes recordsale-de or FilkoMusic and it's dozens of stock copies of some records.

Stax, Bordentown and philadelphia have an actual wider inventory of items out for sale.

Cereal Killer and black sheriff like this.
  3. Cereal Killer

Cereal Killer Forum Resident Thread Starter

Thanks for the info! They got back to me. They were doing an inventory update. It back to normal now. I have bought from the other sellers you mentioned but for LPs I prefer sellers from the Netherlands or Germany as shipping cost is much cheaper for me

4. SixOClockBoos

SixOClockBoos The Man On The Flaming Pie

Just noticed your location. I usually avoid foreign sellers selling US copies of 45's since it's too expensive at times for shipping and I think if I hold out I can get it from a US seller for a cheaper price.

I did buy from recordsale-de once and that was for a rare promo of "Susan" by the Buckinghams with the edited version on one side and the full length version on the other side. Their service was great and they were very helpful with answering my questions about the record since many of the sellers putting the promo up for sale were all piling their listing under the entry for the single with the edited version on one side (because no one else added the other two versions) even though it was wrong. I eventually had to add the other two promo copies onto the site.

Cereal Killer likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.