New Paul McCartney album "Egypt Station" coming September 7, 2018*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by etcetera, Feb 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bward

bward Senior Member

The listing does not mention any bonus tracks.

Also, there is a George Martin release: Beatles to Bond and Bach.

I dont know if thats a new compilation or a vinyl issue of a pre-existing title.

2. bward

bward Senior Member

3. OobuJoobu

OobuJoobu Forum Resident

Assuming you're right it seems crazy he's not taken the opportunity to get the next Archive release out this spring (unless there's an announcement soon for a May release...)

4. Frank

Frank Senior Member

LOL the Archive series is probably over. I keep pointing that out, and it continues not continuing all the time, but no one seems willing to accept it.

If the second half of 2018 is correct, there's only one logical explanation for there not being an archive release right now, and "he's crazy" isn't the explanation.

5. ohnothimagen

ohnothimagen "Live music is better!"

That's a damn good point, actually. Especially when you consider that Paul and a lot of his musical peers have always had that sense of competition/one-upmanship and cross pollination, right from the earliest days. I doubt much has changed over the years, except for maybe the degree of the competition. In a couple of posts -including one or two of mine, probably:laugh:- the whole "Paul has nothing to prove anymore" bit has come up. Which I think is true, but at the same time I think he still likes to challenge himself from time to time, probably just for the sheer hell of it at this point. I'd say you could probably apply that sorta thing to a lot of Paul's peers these days -the ones that are still around, mind ya, not as many as there used to be- these guys actually still have fun doing what they do.

theMess and MsMaclen like this.
  6. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

Hearing unconfirmed rumors that new album pushed back to 2nd half of the year. I reiterate, rumors

7. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

There is zero Data pointing towards archives being over just yet. There has been a new one or two every year since 2010. Think he missed one year with the release of Pure in 2016. But other than that, only your reoccurring assertions that it is over. It's not that people are unwilling to accept it, they are just unwilling to except it from somebody who has no idea one way or another.

And in saying that, I do not mean it in any way derogatory towards you Frank.

Bemagnus and JDeanB like this.
  8. maywitch

maywitch Forum Resident

I'm sorry what does that even mean? Age is only a number. What is he supposed to using a walker to toddle out on stage? Is he supposed to only play certain types of songs(because hey old people aren't supposed to ever like or be inspired by newer stuff?).

I mean geez when he was young people complained(and still do complain) about him being inspired by the music of times before his era and now they complain about him making music of a more modern era. Paul just likes music, all types of music, whenever and whereever it was made. I don't particularly think he's trying to be anything in that regard - it's just him and what he likes to do. I think people project their own feelings into his motivations for doing things and decide they must be his own motivations.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2018
  9. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

I have some face to face time this weekend with some friends, hopefully I'll hear some scuttlebutt

10. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

What year, please, as this thread is 2 years old now?

;)

11. Jose Jones

Jose Jones Outstanding Forum Member

A ridiculous assertion. Tell that to the bouncer at the door the next time he asks for your ID.

12. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

And i disagree with the assertion that Paul is a nostalgia act. While there are songs encompassing his entire recording career, there are still songs like "My Valentine", "4,5 Seconds" , "New" and "Queenie Eye" that are among his newer recordings.

Every entertainer owning a extensive catalog usually plays a large dose of those songs. Paul has answered this question the same way time after time. He believes that majority of the audience at his concerts are first time attendees and he plays what he believes those people want to hear. Yes, he mixes some others in but for the most part, it's the more popular tunes

Darrin L., Zeki, JDeanB and 1 other person like this.
  13. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

Well obviously not in the past 2 years as they are over. Why being difficult

14. maywitch

maywitch Forum Resident

A ridiculous post when it's taking a sentence out of the context of it's meaning which was clearly not about driver's licenses or being old enough to drink. And in a way still true, after all the age to get into clubs or drinking age is different all around the world. Someone can drink in the UK and be too young to drink the US.

Tord and Beaneydave like this.
  15. ohnothimagen

ohnothimagen "Live music is better!"

Two years already? Time flies:laugh:
    Tell me about it. I turn 42 in May and I still get ID'd when buying a six pack from time to time...

16. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

Also again, if anyone wants to meet up for a drink at the fest for Beatles fans in Jersey City this weekend , I'll be there all weekend at the hotel

17. Arnold Grove

Just joking about the year.

I am not troubled by the slowness with Paul's new album. Whenever he feels it is ready for release, no matter the year, I will be ready to get it.

theMess and Beaneydave like this.
  18. maccawings

maccawings Senior Member

Hoping to get some insight this weekend.

JDeanB likes this.
  19. Frank

Frank Senior Member

Considering that, before the FItD release, we knew two years in advance not only that there would be further Archive Editions but exactly what the next one would be, I'd say the lack of any such knowledge or even whispers in MARCH of a year when we're (allegedly) expecting an entirely new album is pretty compelling fact.

The fact that FitD was the first Archive Edition without "Coming Soon" information is pretty compelling data.

The fact that Capitol has released their own versions of the previous releases that have been completely stripped of the "Archive" components is pretty compelling data.

The fact that 10 was reported to be the plan all along and 10 is what we got is pretty compelling data.

The fact that the remaining available albums are almost uniformly ones that McCartney has criticized pretty harshly over the years is pretty compelling.

And that's just off the top of my head.

There's more data pointing to there not being more Archive Editions than there is data pointing to it going forward.

I think it's reasonable to assume we'll get Capitol style "Archive Editions" - single disc remasters (maybe remasters) with no additional content.

Chris from Chicago and DrBeatle like this.
  20. Arnold Grove

And don't forget that some are old enough to drink in Zimbabwe while being too young in Borneo. It's quite an effort to keep track of these things. Hiccup ... ... ;)

theMess and maywitch like this.
  21. Arnold Grove

Why wait? Here ya go:

[​IMG]

theMess and maccawings like this.
  22. Arnold Grove

You make a cogent case for the prosecution. Any rebuttal from the defendants?

23. Arnold Grove

First, Wild Life. Now, Wildebeest, or Wild Beast (which is an accurate description of Paul when he doesn't get his daily dose of English tea). ;)

theMess and sallymae_hogsby like this.
  24. Frank

Frank Senior Member

There's one sure-fire way to prove me wrong: Back to the Egg + Press to Play for Summer release!

25. DrBeatle

DrBeatle The Rock and Roll Chemist

IIRC, Back to the Egg was prepared for release a few years ago and has been languishing in the vault since.

JDeanB likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.