Jimi Hendrix Both Sides of the Sky - new album coming March 9, 2018

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by fsutall, Dec 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oneway23

oneway23 Forum Resident

Yes, already coming down hard on me here on the island!

2. Fox67

Fox67 Bad as Can

Remember that time Lennon sang Day Tripper with Jimi, Mitch & Noel?
    Yeah, that was awesome.

[​IMG]

Wright and Kiss73 like this.
  3. Fox67

Fox67 Bad as Can

Just rain here (so far)

4. reb

reb Money Beats Soul

This note is for you. ....:agree:

Retrieve flame suit asap....:uhhuh:

5. Fox67

Fox67 Bad as Can

6. weavzy

weavzy Needle Dropper

Please post link where I can get this on vinyl....

LA Forum 69, San Diego 69, Maui, Albert Hall 69 and Stockholm.

All 'available' in good quality if you want some mp3 pirate bay download.

I want an official release on vinyl of all these shows.

Just because theyre all 'out there' doesnt mean EH shouldn't give them all the official release they deserve...and no, In The West does not count.

Gordon Johnson likes this.
  7. rushed again

rushed again Forum Resident

8. Maidenpriest

Maidenpriest Setting the controls for the heart of the sun :)

I have none of them on Mp3 and they are not bootlegged or pirate releases.

I have good quality releases on Redbook Cd that were legal (and some still are) at the time of purchase with great sound, ''just because EH own the Hendrix Copyright 'now' it doesn't mean they always have'' and you can get real good quality 'used and new' for all these releases on either Cd or Vinyl depending how much you wish to pay (maybe Maui is a bit of a grey area regarding legality but I bought it in good faith and I believe it was legal when I bought it brand new in HMV, and personally I don't really care one way or the other). I don't care personally about all the legal EH Bull****, i just care about hearing the music, and I believe that would be Jimi Hendrix's opinion 'It is The Music that is important' but of course he doesn't mind because he is dead :(

If you are desperate to hear these concerts buy a used Cd or used Vinyl, there is a whole history of Hendrix releases prior to 2000, research it you may find something you really like, that doesn't mean you can not upgrade if EH release a better version or you wish to buy later an official EH release for your collection (because I do, I am a collector) sometime in the future 'but why put all your eggs in one basket' when it is there to be discovered and enjoyed :)

If you wish to learn more about all the releases since 1966 look here: hendrixx.htm it has become a definite guide of sorts in recent years (the book 'Electric Gypsy' was a good source for me before the Internet age) and then seek out what you like, isn't that why we are here 'collecting' :)

Last edited: Mar 7, 2018
    Bob in Savannah likes this.
  9. Gordon Johnson

Gordon Johnson Forum Resident

LA Forum was only official in the Lifelines set
    San Diego has never been officially released as a complete show
    Maui was from a collectors set and not official regardless of the mind-set of the purchaser at point of purchase [possibly sourced from MP3]
    Albert Hall is an official release that is OOP. Off hand struggling to think of a complete vinyl release though it was musically complete on CD
    Stockholm, never had an official release

What EH legal bull****? You mean the none release of the RAH set?

Your date should read, 1997 and not 2000 as '97 is the date of EH's first release via MCA / Universal.

weavzy likes this.
  10. Fox67

Fox67 Bad as Can

At the cutting room website I see this:
    CANCELLED Johnny Nicholas CANCELLED
    Cindy Cashdollar
    Wed, March 7, 2018
    Doors: 9:00 pm / Show: 9:30 pm
    The Cutting Room
    New York, NY

No idea if this is because of the storm or if it was cancelled beforehand.
    (the stream scheduled for 7pm has not started)

J.Lucas likes this.
  11. weavzy

weavzy Needle Dropper

Thats all well and good, but all Im saying is Id love to see EH release these concerts. Say what you like about EH, but their releases sound great, and theyre vinyl packaging fantastic.

Im not really interested in digging around for sub par releases . Just looking forward to the official releases over the years. (I actually have all those gigs on mp3).

12. I realize most of these releases might have been purchased years ago, but these days (just a word to everyone who might be in the know), never buy anything that's not an official EH releases, because you're putting money in the hands of people where it doesn't belong.

In the case of Hendrix, there is so much out there, for free, through trading circles - obviously for academic studies and archival purposes - that's available until, and if, it comes out on official release.

Of course most people know this already, but I just can't stand for bootleggers to put a package together and take money from unsuspecting consumers.

13. Gordon Johnson

Gordon Johnson Forum Resident

Was just about to like that post weavzy till you said mp3, ha ha

Deek57 and EVOLVIST like this.
  14. Fox67

Fox67 Bad as Can

RockRoom and reb like this.
  15. rushed again

rushed again Forum Resident

Thanks. Was wondering if it was me. It's too bad. Was looking forward to listening to this.
    Have to say that the snow from this storm is heaviest and the most condensed I've seen in a while.
    Hopefully they just cancelled as a result and will reschedule.

16. Fox67

Fox67 Bad as Can

Last edited: Mar 7, 2018
    rushed again and RockRoom like this.
  17. weavzy

weavzy Needle Dropper

Desperate times call for desperate measures!!!!

Im a strictly vinyl man, but the old ipod gets a run in the car.

18. RockRoom

RockRoom I Love My Dog

Thanks!

Fox67 likes this.
  19. weavzy

weavzy Needle Dropper

Interview didnt offer much new information.

Last two interviews McDermott has given, he's talked about Dagger Records. Hopefully something new around the corner.

20. smoke

smoke Forum Resident

Now I'm stoked for Hear My Music and Burning Desire - but they are out of print?!? Anybody know if Dagger purposely courts collectors via limited editions or are they just asleep at the wheel?

21. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

They go out of stock from time to time. Not out of print. Happened around the Atlanta release as well, when there was a run of fans wanting to buy Daggers near Christmas and they didn't have the stock on hand on a couple titles.

smoke likes this.
  22. RockDude4492

RockDude4492 Forum Resident

I managed to brave the storm and actually sat front row for this interview. While it might not have offered anything new, I thought it was interesting to hear Eddie Kramer and John McDermott talk about this stuff, and even with Eddie’s long history of working with Hendrix and countless others, he’s still clearly excited about listening to and working on Hendrix projects, which oddly enough gave me an appreciation for this new collection. Was able to pick up a CD copy of Both Sides of the Sky, which Eddie signed, along with my Target CD copy of Houses of the Holy (had him sign the inner booklet near his engineering credit), so that was cool.

Not to go to off topic, but I did get to chat with John McDermott briefly after the interview (who is a super nice and friendly guy) and I asked him what was going on with the Royal Albert Hall stuff. Sounds like the legal stuff is still going nowhere with that, he was saying that the film and audio were ready to go about a decade ago and we all should have been enjoying it at this point. Wish I had asked if the 50-year copyright laws will have any effect on this next year, but that didn’t dawn on me until later...

tedhead, kanakaris, Fox67 and 10 others like this.
  23. FangfossFlyer

FangfossFlyer Forum Resident

24. Maidenpriest

Maidenpriest Setting the controls for the heart of the sun :)

Just out of interest how much was it to buy a version of BSOTS before release date ? :)

25. weavzy

weavzy Needle Dropper

Ive accepted the fact I will never see an official release of Albert Hall. As should all Jimi fans. Its just not gonna happen.

Ah well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.