The War On Drugs - Pain

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by RockNRod, Jan 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Minty_fresh

Minty_fresh Forum Resident

I didn’t like it as much as the previous album. But I can only take that guy’s voice for so long.

2. Harry Hood

Harry Hood Forum Resident

Have folks also noticed that he's bought himself a new guitar pedal just before the recording, and he's damn well gonna use it on every track!

3. Raoul97202

Raoul97202 Forum Resident

LOVE the band and the song. BUT I wish the audio wasn't so crunched.

CCrider92 likes this.
  4. Jack_Straw

Jack_Straw Forum Resident

+1

Great song, but it sounds like **** (the DR numbers don’t always tell the story, but these numbers are ridiculous):

DR4 -0.08 dB -5.28 dB 02 - Pain.wav

-5.28 RMS??? They could have easily left another 6dB headroom in - it would sound SO much better, and it would still be plenty compressed for airplay or iPod or car listening.

Raoul97202 likes this.
  5. Dr Mike

Dr Mike Forum Resident

Saw them live a few weeks ago. I thought it was a good show, even though I'm not terribly familiar with their music. The quieter songs were kind of samey, but the more rocking material was fun.

6. CCrider92

CCrider92 Senior Member

I am a fan of the band - I've given them a lot of praise/attention in other threads over the years, but this album just doesn't engage me at all. I tried yet again this morning with headphones after reading what a lot of you have posted. The sound is too "full" for me - I like less is more. I like Adam's voice and his playing both of which I find buried into the mixes on this album. I waited a long time for this to come out but was totally disappointed as I've said many times. I certainly wish I could say otherwise. That's the way it goes! I'm glad there are people who are enjoying it. BTW, I do enjoy the songs live as posted on youtube.

Spruce likes this.
  7. Cambot

Cambot Forum Resident

First time listening to this band... it's like Bruce Springsteen's "I'm On Fire" meets mellow late era Dire Straits.

8. Neonbeam

Neonbeam All Art Was Once Contemporary

And you think this is a good thing?

9. parkgrover

parkgrover Forum Resident

I am a big fan of their first two albums.....sadly I find 'Deeper Understanding' a bit of a bore overall, they have become a bit too smooth/samey and have lost some of their quirky magic imo. Have seen them a few times in London in small venues....Adam sold me a tshirt at one of them, so I am pleased that they have become a success

10. Cambot

Cambot Forum Resident

Somehow yes!

11. Cambot

Cambot Forum Resident

I took the plunge.

[​IMG]

RockNRod likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.