Can any receivers store multiple room settings?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by head_unit, Mar 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. head_unit

head_unit Senior Member Thread Starter

For instance, that I could QUICKLY change the time delay settings-or complete room EQ settings-between the couch off to one side, or lotus position on the carpet directly in front of the speakers, or a work table way in back of the room and a bit to the side? I'm also thinking I might someday want a setting where the rears are delayed even differently, as the work table would be behind the rear speakers.

(I know, sounds weird, but could be interesting as the sound field would all be out in front but spread amongst the speakers. I'm thinking of the Chicago Quadio box, keep alternating between "why do I need that" and "OMG I should buy it before it disappears if not too late already."

2. loki7177

loki7177 Well-Known Member

I have an anthem mrx 520. It only has one setting on the receiver but you can have multiple settings save one a laptop and upload it as needed. It only takes a couple of minutes to do.

head_unit likes this.
  3. Mike-48

Mike-48 A shadow of my former self

The old TacT gear could do this, for sure. But they are out of business.

head_unit likes this.
  4. Erik Tracy

Erik Tracy Meet me at the Green Dragon for an ale

Yamaha AVRs (R=receiver) can.

My RX-V1800 has 4 memory settings and use 3 of the 4 for different listening modes.

head_unit likes this.
  5. head_unit

head_unit Senior Member Thread Starter

They weren't tactful enough...

6. Mike-48

Mike-48 A shadow of my former self

Oddly enough, that really was part of the problem. The American partner in, and designer of, TacT was reputed to be a difficult person to convince of anything. The gear did a LOT right, but no one is perfect (save for you and me).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.