New Lp's with really bad label defects - share yours

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by Chazz, Mar 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chazz

Chazz Music Addict Thread Starter

I have seen some pretty bad label defects on vinyl records but this one is really bad. I ordered a new mono pressing of the Beatles White album on Amazon last week. I tried playing the first album and it was warped so bad that my cart couldn't even stay on the lp. I never looked at the second lp until yesterday when I was re-packing everything to return to Amazon. I decided to take a look and this is what I found. Anyone else experience stuff like this?

[​IMG]

2. Jimmy B.

Jimmy B. isolation can harm you terribly

Oh my God.

tmtomh and Rockinrob like this.
  3. geo50000

geo50000 Forum Resident

Ack! I just ordered the same album from Amazon last week...hope mine's not like that!

4. Chazz

I have a replacement coming, this will be the 3rd attempt at a decent pressing of this album. The first one was warped as well. If the newest one doesn't work out, I give up.

geo50000 likes this.
  5. geo50000

geo50000 Forum Resident

Got mine today, I got lucky. Perfectly flat, quiet, labels dead center. Hope your replacement is as nice as the copy I got.

tmtomh likes this.
  6. Chazz

That's awesome! Keeping fingers crossed........

geo50000 likes this.
  7. geo50000

geo50000 Forum Resident

If it doesn't pan out, you might try the Amazon seller I got mine from, Merchandise Outlet.

tmtomh and Chazz like this.
  8. ggergm

ggergm another spring another baseball season

This is hardly a new problem. It existed back in the old days, too. It's just a defective record, although admittedly worse than most. Back in the '70s returned many albums because the label got in the way of the lead out groove, that is if I wasn't really high and thought it was cool. ;)

9. HiFi Guy 008

HiFi Guy 008 Forum Resident

Keep it. You know one day it'll be collectable on eBay.

10. PJC68

PJC68 Forum Resident

In the 80.s i bought a reissue of the velvet undergrounds loaded album, on side 2 the label was upside down and halfway across the playing surface
    I had an original version of "heroes" by David bowie that had a side 2 label on each side

tmtomh likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.