The Walking Dead Season 8

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Aggie87, Oct 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ethan B

Ethan B Forum Resident

You've never seen Talking Dead. The guy is adored.

2. misterdecibel

misterdecibel Bulbous Also Tapered

Whose syntax is more annoying - Eugene's or Jadis'?

3. Ethan B

Ethan B Forum Resident

Eugene's seems to have been ramped up recently.

4. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

I'm somewhat biased in wanting to like Eugene because the character in the comic is much more complex - he even has a girlfriend. Eugene on the TV show is a one-note caricature of someone with autism.

5. Scotian

Scotian Amnesia Hazed

You are correct.

6. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

I don't know whose dialog grates on me more; Eugene, Jadis, or Negan. Hopefully Jadis will remain in her garbage pit and won't be returning, but the other two are probably with us for a while.

7. Well, that's because you've never had the pleasure of spooning with him. Really, it's a post-apocalyptic treat. So sweet.

Chris from Chicago likes this.
  8. brimuchmuze

brimuchmuze Forum Resident

Vinyl rules!

Hawkeye, steveharris, spewey and 4 others like this.
  9. stuwee

stuwee Forum Resident

At Last the Vinyl over digital war has been won, Lp's!!! Records for knowledge, woof!! Let's all thank the new character Georgie for settling it once and for all :love::pineapple::winkgrin:

And for the Talking Dead fans, like me, someone grab that video of Andrew Lincoln (Rick) singing "Disco Bat"!!!! and post it, Freakin' Awesome fun :cop:

Purplefowler likes this.
  10. Morton LaBongo

Morton LaBongo Forum Resident

I was like "whoa!" when the new group asked for LPs. Just imagine the collection you could amass after a zombie apocalypse. And then later during Talking Dead the Georgie actress mentioned Sgt. Pepper and I wondered if she'd want the mono or stereo.

EVOLVIST likes this.
  11. brimuchmuze

brimuchmuze Forum Resident

Just make sure there is no "spoken word" in your collection.

Pretty good episode. No complaints.

The "Fear the Walking Dead" clips look promising as well.

12. Morton LaBongo

I haven't followed FTWD as closely but I do think the new clips make it look like it will be interesting. I wonder how they will manage the Morgan transition and what factors will cause him to join up with an all-new (to him anyways) group.

13. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

Loved the last scene.....

Fear has gotten better every season and walking dead is worse every year.

Hall Cat and mattdm11 like this.
  14. Rick is so sh*tty.

I thought this might have been the best episode, plot-wise, this season. Unfortunately, I found it mishandled when it got to the screen.

Now, before anyone thinks I'm taking a crap on this episode, just for the sake of it (or any other episode for that matter), I'll say that I enjoyed this episode, but I might never be redeemed, no matter what happens, because of how much I've grown to detest Rick's character.

Yeah, this one was full of the usual hackneyed B.S. from the usual suspects, but the plot drew me in, and that was half the battle. It diverged quite a bit from the comic, which is usually a pleasant surprise. I was totally sold! Indeed, I can't wait to see what Jadis has up her sleeves for Negan.

This guy - poor, poor Negan - has got to be beyond flabbergasted at all of the twists and turns his life has taken since meeting the dumbest living people on the planet, i.e. Rick's group. I thought that last smile, when Jadis had her gun on him, was his first genuine smile in a while. It's that moment where you just have to laugh at all the craziness in your life. There's not even any room for a frown. It's the total comic side of the comic/tragedy mask. Not that Negan is incredibly smart and/or endearing, either. It's just that I can feel him more than the "hero" of our story.

I liked it when Simon and Dwight strolled up on Negan's car like, "Hmmm...that could be Negan's car, right?," as if they didn't know what car Negan was driving. :rolleyes:

Yet the only truly crappy thing about this episode was next week's teaser, which looks like a bunch of meandering around The Hilltop, in another stop-gap episode, so they don't have to pay the rates of all the actors for back-to-back weeks. Boooo! :realmad:

stuwee likes this.
  15. Rubber65

Rubber65 Forum Resident

Well last night's epi was pretty darn good. Thus far I'm really enjoying the season. Negan and that bat. He hates it when Rick touches it so much that he's still longing for it when he's hanging on to the ledge. I did notice though during the car chase, there were faint sounds of sirens in the background. My wife turns to me and says, did you hear that. The scene was a reminder that this is Rick territory. He's a trained police officer in high speed chases, so he's in his element. Negan doesn't know how to lose a cop. Low and behold, Rick must have performed a maneuver that caused Negan's car to flip. Negan obviously doesn't know Rick's profession before the apocalypse. The last scene setting things up for next Sunday looks promising. I always loved it when past episodes left you with a little cliff hanger, leaving you wanting more. Overall, 2 thumbs up.

16. Bender Rodriguez

Bender Rodriguez RIP Exene, best dog ever. 2005-2016

I was confused by this exchange at first also. I think they were wondering about whether the blood on the windshield was Negan’s or if it was from the bucket he had riding shotgun. The way the scene was staged and shot made it seem as if they were talking about the car.

17. Lownote30

Lownote30 Bass Clef Addict

I never thought they were talking about the car at all. That's interesting. It was clear to me they knew it was Negan's car. This last episode showed me that the only way to get at Negan is to be as nuts and "off" as he is. Rick definitely went there! It's the first episode I've seen real fear on Negan's face as well. Rick broke his ego a bit. I really loved that Negan ended up with Jadis as well, and when he started talk, she just pistol whipped him and said, "Shut up!". Now what? I know Simon will totally screw up The Saviors. If Negan gets away from Jadis, Simon's a dead man anyway.

Morton LaBongo and Ethan B like this.
  18. Witchy Woman

Witchy Woman Forum Resident

This was an interesting episode but if Negan wasn’t going to be outright killed, he should have been injured—a car crash, falling two floors, attacked by fiery walkers, yet he walks out no problem? Jadis whopping him on the head was a nice touch though.

How can Rick shoot several walkers right in the head while running yet can’t hit Negan once with a machine gun?

There’s something off with the Georgie story...

Kyhl, beat_truck and dgstrat like this.
  19. Rubber65

Rubber65 Forum Resident

I noticed that also, Rick missing him with the AK. I mean isn't Rick trained with firearms as a cop. And he's had a few years to master his shooting before the apocalypse, in addition to shooting the dead for a few years now. I always wanted Negan to get his just desert for being cold and merciless. His false sense of security sickens me. I too loved it when Jadis pistol whipped him. I deserved it.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2018
    Ethan B and Witchy Woman like this.
  20. Rubber65

Rubber65 Forum Resident

I noticed that the jail cell Morgan was building in Alexandria was never put to use. He built it then Alexandria got destroyed and I doubt they're going to move back. I guess they aren't following the comics 100% on the jail cell situation.

21. Lownote30

Lownote30 Bass Clef Addict

I was thinking the same thing, but maybe that was to mislead the viewers. The TV show is so far from the comic now that I wouldn't be surprised if they just outright kill Negan instead. I could see him briefly joining up with Rick just to kill Simon, but I don't think they'll be friends or anything.

Ethan B likes this.
  22. Morton LaBongo

All in all that was a pretty good episode. That was great to see Rick stalking a somewhat scared Negan doing that same bird call whistle the saviors did right before Abraham and Glenn got killed. Now, at this point, Simon wants to wipe out Hilltop like he did the Garbage People and he seems prepared to do so, but the thing with that is -- isn't there some kind of ammo shortage with the Saviors? I think Negan said something an episode or two ago about how they were running low, and Eugene has not really started making any ammo yet. So an outright assault on Hilltop could be doomed to failure as Maggie's group seems to be prepared for it already and are in a pretty good defensive position. Lately it seems like the Saviors are making critical errors when they assault another community, as they will seemingly "win" at first but then wind up getting wiped out by a couple stealthy attackers (like when Carol and Morgan took out that group in the Kingdom within a few minutes). Simon might be headed for the same mistake, and with Dwight not really on his side, he hasn't got much of an advantage.

EVOLVIST likes this.
  23. Propinquity

Propinquity Forum Resident

Haven't watched since the premiere and already my BP is down to normal and there are even new hair sprouts growing on top of my head. Bad television isn't healthy.

Gumboo and EVOLVIST like this.
  24. Scotian

Scotian Amnesia Hazed

Random thoughts. How does someone flip a car carrying an open pail of zombie guts & come out relatively clean? When did Simon start talking like Dwight? The dialogue has been the most consistent flaw in this series & this one was as bad as any of them. Andy Warhol & her two cronies were even more annoying than the garbage people. What are the odds of driving your car wide open towards a convoy of vehicles & T-boning the car you want to hit? I thought it was a godawful episode. Sorry.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2018
    DreadPikathulhu and Shawn like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.