Brian Eno – Music for Installations boxed set (4 May 2018)*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by onlyconnect, Mar 13, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. It has already jumped up to $87.78 ( the price I have pre-ordered at ). With Amazon's "low price guarantee" it will hopefully go down to near $40 to $60.
    That would be good enough for me, as I have none of this music.

Crimson Witch likes this.
  2. ispace

ispace Senior Member

I hate how Amazon make huge price jumps. Just choose a price & stick to it. They’ve lost my sale.

3. Norco74

Norco74 For the good and the not so good…

This!

4. Norco74

I am curious about how many of these super deluxe sets will be printed and sold?

We all like Eno music but he is no way as popular as Zeppelin or Floyd. A low quantity super deluxe quantity could justify the box high price. Aside from the plexiglass book cover, I do not find other costly material that could justify the price of this set. As someone mentiond, it is sold as an ‘objet d’art’.

How much would you pay for this deluxe set? I would happily pay $150 but not much more given the description of the item.

Crimson Witch and Jimijam like this.
  5. Maurice

Maurice Senior Member

Bull Moose currently has it listed for &59.98. Not the $36 that Amazon had it for (glad I put my preorder in) but it's still something.

6. 93curr

93curr Senior Member

I'd have gone as high as $200 if they'd included a BluRay in there with a 96/24 transfer. As long as I have to re-buy five albums I already own, it would be a huge incentive if there was at least an audio improvement. A plastic case really doesn't seem like added value.

konoyaro, Crimson Witch and Norco74 like this.
  7. uzn007

uzn007 Watcher of the Skis

Yikes. I literally just pre-ordered it for $35.98 at like 10:00pm last night.

8. coniferouspine

coniferouspine Forum Resident

I highly suspect that the super deluxe vinyl set with the art stuff is going to lose a tremendous amount of its value the minute a person opens it. I'm basing that on, for example, viewing what similar "arsty" things are selling for on Ebay, for a sealed copy versus an opened copy. It might seem a weird example to pick from out of the blue, but the Madonna "Sex" book is worth, upwards of $100 on Ebay with the foil seal intact, but they are selling for only $20-$35-$45 when the foil seal is opened. The "Rauschenberg" versions of Talking Heads Speaking In Tongues, that was another "artsy" thing that has wildly diverged in value. There are tons of open and weatherbeaten copies all over Discogs for sale fairly cheaply, but a sealed one in great shape that isn't crushed, discolored or yellowed, is actually pretty hard to find, and pricey.

Crimson Witch and uzn007 like this.
  9. Terrapin Station

Terrapin Station Master Guns

Bull of Heaven has generative pieces that would last longer than the predicted age of the universe (if either heat death or a big crunch would be the universe's fate and we have number of assumptions right).

10. Norco74

My experience with Amazon is that the price will come down in a few days.

Looks like a pre-order pricing strategy that I can not understand...

11. 93curr

93curr Senior Member

The deluxe box for 'Small Craft On A Milk Sea' is currenty going for between $250 and $640 on Discogs, with a high sales figure of $522. (all Cdn currency) Brian Eno With Jon Hopkins & Leo Abrahams - Small Craft On A Milk Sea I doubt they've sold a lot at that price but, if you wanted to buy one now, a cheap option is unlikely.

12. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

Missed it :realmad:

13. Icenine1

Icenine1 Forum Resident

Wow. I did pre-order at the $36 price on Amazon. Crazy. I was actually thinking about cancelling it before this and ordering a Japanese version I hope is coming. I'll hold on to this now

14. Icenine1

Icenine1 Forum Resident

Wow. Just went to CDJapan site and this is available in SHM disc version for about $90+ Delivered around $110. Usually but not always the JPN versions are just nicer. I'd be getting this rather than the pricey Amazon version although that will probably come down and price wars will ensue!

15. crazyhorse69

crazyhorse69 Forum Resident

16. AZRunner

AZRunner Forum Resident

That is very tempting, but I think I’ll stick with my Amazon pre-order. The signed items that I have where I’ve actually met the artist mean more to me.

Crimson Witch and Jimijam like this.
  17. Crimson Witch

Crimson Witch Roll across the floor thru the hole & out the door

wonder if there's a link somewhere we
    can hear a seventeen-year sound sample
    o_O

18. ispace

ispace Senior Member

crazyhorse69 likes this.
  19. pmckeeaalaska

pmckeeaalaska Forum Resident

Is it really several hundred dollars more just for a plexiglass cover?

ispace and Electric Sydney like this.
  20. Electric Sydney

Electric Sydney Forum Resident

How else you gonna impress the chicks?

21. morgan1098

morgan1098 Forum Resident

Wow, glad I preordered at the $35 amazon price. Looking forward to this set.

Chrome_Head and Scope J like this.
  22. Depending on the thickness ... could be! :tiphat:

uzn007 likes this.
  23. audiotom

audiotom Senior Member

With Amazon up at $85
    I choose to support Brian directly at Eno shop for $81
    With two other rare cds and an Oblique Strategy deck $178

It better ship in plexiglass

24. Currently ...

Amazon USA has this offered @ $75.23 -( at least it's down from $88 bucks! ) - a trend? - maybe

ImportCDs has this offered @ $53.96

Amazon Canada has it @ 84.18 Canadian $ = $65.35 (US dollar)

Scope J likes this.
  25. Icenine1

Icenine1 Forum Resident

I bought the Japan SHM version as well. Comes in a different box etc. I won't uncork it until I get the regular release and decide then. The JPN version is more expensive but cooler. I can always sell it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.