New Pink Floyd vinyl reissues

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by ptijerm, Apr 9, 2016.

1. Norco74

Norco74 For the good and the not so good…

You are probably right about some other days availability.

Line ups really tick me off as each Saturday is an RSD for me anyway.

Not sure about returning RSD item to the store if they are defective but my last purchase from RSD, Neil Young Decade, was quite bad (pops, zips, tics, name it it’s all there). I wrote to Dr. Rhino who can only managed to find me LP 1 and 3 replacements. Lp 2 is the worst actually. Replacement LPs also looked beaten and I didn’t care to listen to them yet. Will end up in the used bin of some shop very soon and will be replaced by th CD version!

2. Mr_Vinyl

Mr_Vinyl Forum Resident

Sorry to hear that :cry:. The good thing is that at least it's Neil Young, so the cd will probably sound quite good anyway.

3. mr.dave

mr.dave Forum Resident

I think, every store will handle that issue individually. Last time, I could return 3 disc without any problem..

Mr_Vinyl likes this.
  4. AlexC

AlexC Forum Resident

RELIIIIIIICS! (drawing cover YES!)
    All tracks are the original stereo versions except for Arnold Layne and See Emily Play which are in mono. This is re-released on the same day as Pulse, 18 May 2018
    [​IMG]
    source: SDE

Last edited: Mar 23, 2018
    Diego Lucas, Larry L, lucan_g and 6 others like this.
  5. xfilian

xfilian Forum Resident

Pulse - Meh.

Relics - Now we're talking. :pineapple:

6. Jack

Jack Senior Member

Relics - Nah

Pulse - day off from work, Patron on the rocks, purple haze bud

7. Billy_Sunday

Billy_Sunday ... formerly ThirdBowl

I've never owned Pulse. Never even heard it. Sh't, I didn't even own Division Bell until about 2 years ago. Like many fans, the breakup of Pink Floyd, and the subsequent Waters-less version of the band, didn't really sit well with me. So, I skipped those releases. Finally got DB a couple of years ago. Much better than I expected. Certainly better than AMLOR! (That one I did buy upon release, and played it a LOT). I did of course see some shows on the '87, '88, and '94 tours. Cool as they were, Roger was missed.

I'm basically "over" all of that now. I guess Pulse is worth having?

Jerry Horne, Larry L and mr.dave like this.
  8. Honestly (and fortunately for my credit card), I'm not interested in this "Pulse" reissue. With few exceptions (being "Another Brick In The Wall pt. 2" the most prominent one), I like the performances on "Delicate Sound Of Thunder" much better (visuals are a different story, of course). "Pulse" has some extra selling points like the entire "Dark Side Of The Moon" and "Astronomy Domine", but still not enough to convince me. Actually, the only thing I regret is not having bought the original CD set with the blinking LED, which I saw so many times at what used to be the best record store in my town in the mid 90s.

Michael Rose likes this.
  9. Tony Dogs

Tony Dogs Forum Resident

A correct guess.

Billy_Sunday and zinan like this.
  10. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

I actually was hoping they gonna re-release it with the blue cover sleeve that Thorgerson made in the mid-1990s. Love both versions though.

11. Sytze

Sytze Senior Member

The '97 vinyl version did have that blue cover. Although I heard the sound quality was not that great.

andrewskyDE likes this.
  12. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

I know, saw a few copies on Discogs a while ago. It's rare and the prices are mostly high.

13. Nighthawk68

Nighthawk68 Well-Known Member

I think the inner sleeve will have the blue cover

14. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac

2007 vinyl release?

15. Sytze

Sytze Senior Member

No, '97.

rontoon likes this.
  16. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac

Sorry, that's what I meant.

17. Classicrock

Classicrock Senior Member

Well I'm not shelling out for another Pulse. I managed to get a clean copy eventually (around 2000) when the retail price was reasonable. Also it's all analogue I believe which the new one won't be. It's not a record that has seen many plays in the last 18 years. First in reissue series I will have skipped. Would like the mono Piper but not sure willing to join the RSD queue now Rise has morphed into Rough Trade at a town centre location. I suppose I could try Diverse in Newport as attending a gig near Cardiff that evening.

18. LeeGriffin

LeeGriffin Forum Resident

Is there any definitive evidence the original Pulse on vinyl was AAA? People seem to point out that the booklet mentions it being an all analogue recording. That in no way means the vinyl pressing is AAA. It means the shows were recorded to tape. Considering it is a live compilation, it seems likely there would be a digital step somewhere in the process. I could be wrong but just wondering if anyone knew for sure.

19. Sytze

Sytze Senior Member

The '97 Relics was part of the "'97 Vinyl Collection" box set, an arbitrary selection of albums (including a mono Piper). I seem to recall those were also available separately, but I'm not sure.

20. Tony Dogs

Tony Dogs Forum Resident

The definitive evidence whether albums are AAA or not exists only in people's minds. Let it go already. All albums in this reissue programme sound fantastic. Let's leave it at that, shall we?

Chris Bernhardt and Ben Adams like this.
  21. LeeGriffin

LeeGriffin Forum Resident

There's nothing to let go of. I couldn't care less if it is analog or digital as long as it sounds good. You need to stop taking things so personal. I just keep seeing people mention the original was AAA but haven't seen any real proof of it.

c-eling, marcb and Jerry Horne like this.
  22. Michael Rose

Michael Rose Forum Resident

Very surprised an LED blinking light version is not coming out. Even for RSD. They could've done a limited number that would safely sell out by within an hour of stores opening.

23. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

If the regular Pulse vinyl set is costing about 100 bucks, I think a new LED version of it (the whole ring blinking on the front cover) would cost the double.

24. Michael Rose

Michael Rose Forum Resident

"Double" is pretty lofty. I would agree on a cost premium. I would say $50 higher, but they'll include, some posters, picture book of the tour, or something that is Add-on to justify the price bump, imo of course.

andrewskyDE likes this.
  25. sdxbe

sdxbe New Member

Hi, I'm new here.
    I'm interested in the reissues released by PF records, especially WYWH.
    On page 555 user erowid is saying his German reissues from the 70's/80's sound more analog.
    Can someone confirm this? Because they seem quite cheap on Discogs.
    I'm looking at these Harvest reissues:
    1 C 064-96 918
    064-7 46035 1