Deadpool 2 (opens May 2018)*

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Vidiot, Mar 4, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

New trailer - not for the kiddies. :cop:

2. neo123

neo123 Senior Member

I'm still a kid at heart.

Deuce66 likes this.
  3. Simon A

Simon A Arrr!

You know these guys are having too much fun making these films, again!

Here's the official description on the Youtube page:

After surviving a near fatal bovine attack, a disfigured cafeteria chef (Wade Wilson) struggles to fulfill his dream of becoming Mayberry’s hottest bartender while also learning to cope with his lost sense of taste. Searching to regain his spice for life, as well as a flux capacitor, Wade must battle ninjas, the yakuza, and a pack of sexually aggressive canines, as he journeys around the world to discover the importance of family, friendship, and flavor – finding a new taste for adventure and earning the coveted coffee mug title of World’s Best Lover.

I'm looking forward to seeing this.

Runicen and Stormrider77 like this.
  4. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

WOW from the trailor this looks like a huge disappointment...but, I'm a fan of Ryan I will buy the Home Video....

5. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR! Thread Starter

Godamighty, that's the funniest damned trailer I've seen this decade. (So far.)

This goes on my "must see" list. And congrats to Skip Kimball at eFilm for the color, which looks terrific.

6. Vidiot

showtaper likes this.
  7. Chris DeVoe

Chris DeVoe RIP Vickie Mapes Williams (aka Equipoise)

Don't worry, they'll run it through the Tealizer, just for you.

8. I don't won't to upset anyone but the underground buzz on Deadpool 2 isn't good. Fan communities have been ragging on it for months for a variety of reasons - and these are people that loved the first movie.

The buzz has been wrong before about a film but I can almost guarantee it won't be as well received as the first Deadpool.

alexpop likes this.
  9. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Yep, it's a keeper!!!!!

Chris DeVoe likes this.
  10. alexpop

What's up with it ?

11. Vidiot

I was concerned when the original writer/director walked off, reportedly due to "creative differences" with the studio and with Ryan Reynolds. Reportedly, the actor didn't like the director's initial choice for the villain (who was ultimately played by Josh Brolin). But if I can judge the movie by the trailer, it looks funny as hell, and it also looks like an interesting film in terms of story, character, and self-referential jokes. I laughed out loud a half-dozen times on the trailer, and I hope it's good and does very well.

The trailer goes all over the place in terms of color, and I don't mind Orange & Teal as long as it's not the entire film, so we can get some relief every so often.

12. alexpop

Could have been m o r e Morena Baccarin in the trailer.

13. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

You can never have enough Morena Baccarin!

14. alexpop

When it comes to Deadpool, beauty and the beast. :D

15. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

The very definition of false news, one BS tweet spewed by somebody craving attention and repeated ad nauseum all over the net, I didn't see anything in the trailer or prior promo(s) that hint at a problem with this movie, people need to look at the source of information a little bit better.

16. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

whoa boy! we actually call things you don't agree with "fake news" down here in amurica!

17. Chris DeVoe

Bunch of people who haven't seen it are saying it's bad, while a bunch of people who have seen it say it's good.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that the "haves" are more likely to be right.

alexpop likes this.
  18. alexpop

The only possibility from a negative perspective is the trailer is exceptionallly great, but the complete film itself is a dissapointment. I think that's not the case myself.

19. Chris DeVoe

Aw, hell yeah!

20. jimbutsu

jimbutsu WATCH YÖUR STEPPE

If the scenes from the trailer are in the movie at all, that's enough for me to enjoy the film. 100% on board for this... Well, I was 100% on board prior to this newest trailer, so I guess I'm some number higher than 100% in.

21. alexpop

Definitely much better than the first trailer.

22. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden MichiGort Staff

Updated the thread title to reflect the current release date. Please carry on...

alexpop likes this.
  23. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

New trailer looks good...interesting that they've got Deadpool forming X-Force when it's Cable that did that..who's also in this movie as the bad guy....seemingly. Hmm...

alexpop likes this.
  24. alexpop

What's X-Force? In the first Deadpool there was two new X Men at Professor Xavier's school.

25. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

An off shoot of X-Men (well originally New Mutants but I'd need to wear my nerd hat if I got into that) to handle dirtier jobs and be less 'super hero-like' in order to get the job done. Cable and Wolverine have been the main leaders at different times.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2018
    alexpop likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.