Coupon Codes: ImportCds/BurningShed/DeepDiscount/BullMoose

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by yesstiles, Mar 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yesstiles

yesstiles Senior Member Thread Starter

Is there a place to find online coupon codes for any of these places?

:)

2. cdash99

cdash99 Senior Member

Bull Moose rarely has coupons, but their prices are generally a bit lower than other sellers.

tmtomh and superstar19 like this.
  3. marcb

marcb Senior Member

Have you tried a search engine?

4. vinylbuff

vinylbuff Forum Resident

Importcds and deepdiscount almost always advertise their coupons on their homepage. Collectors Choice has started doing that also.. (they're all the same basic distributor)
    You just have to check periodically.

lightbulb likes this.
  5. yesstiles

Yes, but they just seem to lead to click bait.

6. marcb

marcb Senior Member

That they do...that’s usually a sign they don’t exist.

yesstiles likes this.
  7. yesstiles

If something's roughly the same price at all four retailers, which is the best place to buy from?

8. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

You have to comparison shop, something that is super easy to do. Each of these purveyors sometimes rise to the top in terms of best price, usually in conjunction with a coupon code or other deal of some sort.

9. vinylbuff

vinylbuff Forum Resident

It's your choice...... almost everything they ship all comes out of the Sheperdsville Ky distribution center.

10. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

^^^ Which sadly used to be in Irvine, CA years ago. Media shipping within the same county was always remarkably fast!

11. lenny nero

lenny nero down by the ruined bridge

I would expect a 15% off coupon from deepdiscount later this week. They usually have one for Easter.

SOONERFAN likes this.
  12. yesstiles

I wonder why Deepdiscount has higher prices than Importcds. Aren't they run by the same company?

13. DD doesn't charge shipping over a certain price, so it mostly evens out.

14. vinylbuff

vinylbuff Forum Resident

Importcds, deep discount, collectors choice music, and collectors choice vinyl are all owned by the same parent company.
    Importcds has a handling charge + a per disc charge per item, deep discount does free shipping over $25, and collectors choice charges $8.95 or $9.95 plus extra if it's bulky, or heavy. Like PhantomStranger said above, their prices vary so it mostly evens out.

15. Juggsnelson

Juggsnelson Senior Member

Always a good idea to check out the pricing on Import CD's website versus their Ebay store. Sometimes the prices are the same but you get free shipping if you order through the Ebay store. Also they often have a percentage off sale going on through the Ebay store. I think it is an extra 20% off if you spend $60 right now.

yesstiles likes this.
  16. stenway

stenway Forum Resident

how good is the packing of importCDs for vinyl, I want order 4 records, they send in a crappy packing? just a box and that is? so bends arrive mashed/bend it????
    or they do a good packing like soundstagedirect?

his customer service in ebay sucks Sign in or Register | eBay

I even can't send a message.

17. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

I see you posed this question elsewhere as well. I have made countless purchases from importCDs and their related companies without issue with respect to shipping, even with their occasional use of that questionable pressed corrugated cardboard packaging. Whether they take any extra care when packing for an overseas journey I cannot say.

What I can tell you is that you are not likely to develop a warm & fuzzy communication relationship with them. I have heard that responses can be hard to come by. The one time I've had to message them after receipt of an incomplete order despite what was stated on the packing slip was met with a prompt response and the sending of the missing item.

18. stenway

stenway Forum Resident

sorry for the multiple question, I try to get responses :D
    thanks! I'll try them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.