Good Deals on amazon.com (part3)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by lv70smusic, Mar 14, 2014.

1. marcb

marcb Senior Member

Have they? Out of Print? Or just waiting to be repressed?

Which ones are “out of print”?

For the record, I have several from the series and they are quite good. Exile isn’t IMO.

latheofheaven likes this.
  2. vinylbuff

vinylbuff Forum Resident

I just canceled "Exile"...... decided it wasn't that important to me.

johnny q and latheofheaven like this.
  3. gospelfish

gospelfish Forum Resident

aoxomoxoa likes this.
  4. Dan

Dan Senior Member

5. jason202

jason202 Forum Resident

We’ll see. Mine was updated today with an estimated arrival of April 4–9.

6. latheofheaven

latheofheaven My Pants are FULLY Analog...

Just to let those know who are thinking about ordering the new repackaged Twilight zone Blu-ray set...

I received mine and the content itself is of course excellent and other than the Image logo on the original set, everything else is identical.

BUT... and it is a very big butt like Mariah Carey's... The packaging I'm guessing is likely a LOT less nice than the original. Someone here like Myke who has the original set can weigh in on this if he wants to do so. All 24 discs are on these 'plastic pages' that easily come separated which to me is a royal pain. But, hey, at the price and with all the HD content identical, I do like the savings. I thought I would post a picture here of what the packaging looks like if you haven't checked it out at Blu-ray.com.

What I did for the moment was to take wide packing tape and put a strip about the length of the 'spine' of the combined 'book' to help hold all the pages together so that they don't just fall apart all over the place. The width of standard packing tape is just about the width of the 'spine' So, at least that HELPS a little so that if you hold it carefully, it doesn't just fall into a bunch of pieces. Also, the spindles that hold each disc are SUPER tight, which is worrisome. I think what I will do is what I did with the original more deluxe Twin Peaks: The Entire Mystery set. I didn't like the discs shoved down into all those VERY tight cardboard envelopes, so I simply placed the discs in black paper sleeves and put them back in the box, which fits just fine. I think I will do something like that here.

[​IMG]

imarcq likes this.
  7. The original set had much different packaging. That does look like it takes up less room.

8. latheofheaven

Yeah it does. On Blu-ray.com they mention that it eliminates the 'width' of a couple more cases. But, all those plastic parts just fall off in your hands. I just added some tape to the back and around the hinges on the first and last pages and it holds together pretty well. I still don't like that you practically have to bend the disc in half to get it off the spindle. But, for now at least it holds together like an actual 'book'.

The deal is that you would THINK that the pages would actually 'snap' into each other, but they don't. They are just little tabs that slide right in and right out of the next page. If they designed it properly so that each page tightly 'snapped' into place, then it would be fine.

I REALLY prefer to put the discs in nice black sleeves which I still will likely do, but for now at least it functions as it 'should'...

9. John D.

John D. Senior Member

I actually like this packaging, it's the same as my Sons of Anarchy Complete Blu-Ray box set. I had no issues with that one, so I ordered the Twilight Zone box set without hesitation. :thumbsup:

10. Marko K

Marko K Forum Resident

Im in the EU and I cant order any of these from my local record store, except the latest ones (Brian Eno etc). They were all available in the store just year ago, but not anymore.

11. inspiracy

inspiracy Senior Member

12. Leviathan

Leviathan Forum Resident

Completely agree with you regarding the packaging. My set arrived with a couple discs out of their spindle, and I noticed some scratches on one of the discs. It feels like I’m going to do real damage to the discs with the force it requires to put them on the spindle and remove them. If you just want to pull out a disc on the bottom of a tray it is going to be a pain.

In terms of content it is great. I already had the first two seasons and it is the same content. The picture quality is amazing and I like that they leave in Serling’s teaser for the next weeks episode. The sponsor billboards are neat, too.

One of the downsides to this set is you don’t a booklet that lists the special features on each disc. I can’t complain with the price since I paid almost as much for each individual season when they came out as I did this complete set. Otherwise I’d just buy the other three seasons individually and return this set.

13. latheofheaven

Heh... Well, I'm glad someone noticed what I did... :) But, the packing tape on the back and with small pieces wrapped around the end 'pages really helps. At least it stays together like a 'book' now. But, yeah, getting the discs out you REALLY feel like you are gonna break them.

Leviathan likes this.
  14. JasonA

JasonA Forum Resident

15. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

Keep yo hands off my jam, man!

latheofheaven and imarcq like this.
  16. Rentz

Rentz Forum Resident

Neil Young the Visitor is now below $8 at 7.97

JasonA, hutlock, imarcq and 3 others like this.
  17. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Now I feel like a dope for pulling the trigger at $8.20!

18. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

I’m holding off until it hits $5

19. superstar19

superstar19 Authentic By Nature

And here I thought I got a great deal when I bought in at $12 late last year.

20. CraigVC

CraigVC Senior Member

Tip: If you have a Citi credit card, you can see if it has the "price rewind" feature. Price Check, Compare, and Rewind - Citi® Price Rewind - Citi.com

Then you can purchase with confidence at a certain price, then monitor prices for drops in the next 60 days. When you decide the price has "hit bottom," submit a screenshot of the lower price and you'll get a credit back to your Citi card in a few days. For example you could buy at $8.70, then take daily screenshots as each price drop occurs (and/or use CamelCamelCamel to alert you), and when you feel that it's gotten as low as it will go (e.g., $7.97), submit for your (in this example) $0.73 refund.

21. latheofheaven

I was wondering how long that would take... :pleased:

aoxomoxoa likes this.
  22. marcb

marcb Senior Member

You can get most of them online via the usual retailers. Some will sometimes say something like “awaiting repress”. The Stones disc has been repressed several times, I think, and The Police LP was just re-issued within the last few weeks.

23. latheofheaven

See, you need to be more like Imarcq and watch every penny, so you can save up for chips...

hutlock and imarcq like this.
  24. latheofheaven

Clever li'l bugger... [​IMG]

aoxomoxoa and black sheriff like this.
  25. imarcq

imarcq Men are from Mars, I'm from Bromley...

It's $7.96 or not at all! ;)