Thor Ragnarok*

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Thievius, Apr 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

Zoot Marimba likes this.
  2. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Kudus to Wonder Woman's adrenaline rush theme.

3. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

It must've cost SO MUCH.....
    when it came on AGAIN, all I could think of was the negotiations, and the Marvel people probably saying,
    "If we're paying that much, we're playing it TWICE!!"

4. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

Seems odd to think that.

5. Paper Wizard

Paper Wizard Forum Resident

Saw this last night and it was extremely enjoyable. Marvel seems to always cast the right actors in these rolls. Really well done.

6. Andy Smith

Andy Smith .....Like a good pinch of snuff......

Easily the funniest film I've seen all year.

7. The Hud

The Hud Breath of the Kingdom, Tears of the Wild

Finally saw this last night and really enjoyed it.

Bring on Black Panther and Infinity War!

Zoot Marimba likes this.
  8. Lownote30

Lownote30 Bass Clef Addict

If they played it twice, that just makes it cost even more. That's how synchronization licenses are negotiated. Duration of use, popularity of the production, potential for money to be made, etc. When it's released for sale on DVD and BD, they'll need another license put in place, and that won't be a one time payment. That will be per unit sold.

Zoot Marimba likes this.
  9. cgw

cgw Forum Resident

Immigrant Song made the movie - I mean literally not figuratively. I saw an interview with the director where he said that he made a sizzle reel with the song to sell his services (or the film concept - not sure where it was in the process).

Immigrant Song made the movie - I mean figuratively not literally for me. It is my favorite LZ song. It still would have been an enjoyable movie without it.

BTW - I don't often go to theaters to watch movies. I think it was the first time I sat through the credits. I was with my son and most of the theater stayed seated. I'm not sure the wait was worth it - I could probably have seen the extras on youtube later. My main thought was - Holy cow, a lot of people worked on the film.

Zoot Marimba likes this.
  10. Yovra

Yovra Collector of Beatles Threads

A very funny comedy, slapstick, wordplay, spoofs; it's all there! Marvel goes Naked Gun!
    The downside: the jokes took away all the suspense.

vince and Zoot Marimba like this.
  11. Chazro

Chazro Forum Resident

I thought Ragnarok simply felt like they were trying TOO hard resulting in it feeling forced and unnatural. Felt the exact same way about GOTG2. I REALLY didn't like the portrayal of the Hulk in this flick. Considering the majority of the storyline was taken directly from the Hulk's book it was frustrating to watch as the original tale is many things, but one thing it's NOT is funny!

12. mr. steak

mr. steak Forum Resident

New Doug made me laugh really hard. Jeff Goldblum tore it up. The rest was pretty stupid. Thor and Loki having no clue they had sister who was the goddess of death was eye rolling.

The dual machine gun scene was just sad.

13. budwhite

budwhite Climb the mountains and get their good tidings.

Fun easy going movie! CGI? The Hulk looks awful, always has. The only thing they got looking somewhat believeable is his face. But his body and movements are just bad.

CGI are great for many things. But give me Lou Ferrigno for the Hulk :uhhuh:

steelvelvet20 likes this.
  14. alexpop

What happened to BLaCK PanTHer's theme music, almost non existent?

15. Jim B.

Jim B. Senior Member

In a Thor film? Hmmmm...I wonder why?

The Hud and smilin ed like this.
  16. Sternodox

Sternodox SubGenius Pope of Arkansas

I want to see a Marvel/DC crossover movie where Thor fights Bouncing Boy.

dkmonroe likes this.
  17. alexpop

Thor vs Wonder Woman.

18. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

I could only watch about 10 minutes of this movie. So Thor is now a comedy? End of this series for me

19. Holerbot6000

Holerbot6000 Forum Resident

Overall I enjoyed it though it did get a bit too silly at times. As long as this doesn't become the norm, I'm okay. What I like about the MCU is that, for the most part, they let the film makers put their individual stamps on the films they are making and I think that is important. The Russos turned Winter Soldier into a political thriller. Guardians is kind of goofy but with a big heart and that's because of James Gunn. I guess I am trying to impose the Auteur theory on the MCU.

I'd be okay if they didn't make another Thor movie though. I'm not sure how many more times I need to see Thor and Loki mix it up over the fate of Asgard. The fact that they basically cannibalized a Hulk story for the plot here means they might be running out of ideas for keeping things fresh Thor-wise. You got to know when to walk away...

20. Jim B.

Jim B. Senior Member

You are definitely the Rex Reed of the forum.

Ghostworld likes this.
  21. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

I'm sorry, but the contemporary comedy just got out of hand. Every Disney film sounds exactly the same!

So what was with the cheesy '70s synth music? An homage to "Buck Rogers in the 25st Century." or "Space Hunter in the Forbidden Zone?" Just weird.

22. davenav

davenav High Plains Grifter

Turns out to be my favorite film of last year. And, it was a very good year for film.

Allowing Chris Hemsworth to display his comedic abilities was a genius move, and very likely gave the series a whole new lease on life!

Tree of Life likes this.
  23. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

Hemsworth was very funny in the oft-loathed "Ghostbusters" reboot.

Less so here, IMO, because the humor just doesn't work for the character... :shrug:

24. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

The music was just part of the movie's forced irreverence - a wink-wink, nudge-nudge sense of irony that pervaded the whole project, like the filmmakers wanted to make fun of superhero movies more than anything else...

25. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

Now, if only they'd let Edgar Wright be Edgar Wright on "Ant Man".

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.