Finished Deadwood, Lost, Mad Men.. What's next?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by alexpop, Jan 2, 2014.

1. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

that's what we are going to do...got the BD box on the pile...looking forward to see this as we haven't seen it in HD...

2. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits.... Thread Starter

No! What's that?

3. alexpop

Enjoy.:cheers:

Michael likes this.
  4. Michael

we will! : ) thanks...

alexpop likes this.
  5. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

They were short webisodes that tell the story before Banshee started and additional parts throughout the show. They're extras on the DVDs for the first 3 seasons.

alexpop likes this.
  6. alexpop

Didn't check Blu Ray box yet

7. alexpop

Pile"
    I've still got complete Blu Ray boxes of The Wire,Sopranos, Boardwalk Empire,&scoffee table thing -MADMEN fancy box to rewatch.

8. Michael

you're set for months! : )

alexpop likes this.
  9. alexpop

Always stockpile.

Michael likes this.
  10. Michael

I agree... one never knows when they'll just stop making them...and all we have left are the Sharks...

11. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

Power, the crime-drama with 50-Cent on Starz is a damn great show. Similiar to shows like The Wire, Billions, and some of the Cinemex series.

alexpop likes this.
  12. alexpop

I haven't watched tv real time since 1975. In fact after 1975, didn't have a tv till 1981 along with a VHS recorder ( rented) I would sent timer and record the odd program usually music related. TV series ? The only thing I watched was Tenko (taped).Then no TV from 1990-1995 then back to taping again 1995-till around 2002. After, nothing taped, played DVDs. Started buying loads in 2010. In 2012/13 started buying blu rays. So I missed out on a cavalcade of great tv shows. Catching up/watching tv series per se bug kicked in 2011 buying box sets ie; LOST, then a load of others shows Sopranos. Deadwood etc the quality of them in the last 20 years is brilliant. What next ? Always looking to be surprised.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2018
  13. Chazro

Chazro Forum Resident

I've been watching the reruns of Billions. Showtime's airing them in prep for the new season starting in 2 weeks. Terrific show with a blue chip cast!

Brenald79 and alexpop like this.
  14. alexpop

What's Billions like ?

15. alexpop

Swimming With Sharks.

Michael likes this.
  16. Michael

: )

alexpop likes this.
  17. If you want one of the most literate and compelling horror shows ever made, give Penny Dreadful a spin on Blu-ray/DVD. It ran three seasons on Showtime before getting canceled. The first season is fantastic.

From Google - Many people are familiar with classic literary characters like Dr. Frankenstein and Dorian Gray. "Penny Dreadful" brings those and other characters into a new light by exploring their origin stories in this psychological thriller that takes place in the dark corners of Victorian London.

alexpop likes this.
  18. alexpop

Thanks for the tip, looks intriguing.
    One of the advantages of old(ish) tv series is you can buy the complete box set usually cheap.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2018
  19. alexpop

The last two TV series watched was Hannibal(1-3) 8/10 & Taboo 6/10 season one.

20. Chazro

Chazro Forum Resident

Outstanding series starring Paul Giamatti, Damien Lewis, and Maggie Siff. If you liked Wall St.(the movie) you should enjoy Billions, it's better! 3rd season started this past week and man, did they hit the ground running!

Brenald79 and alexpop like this.
  21. It's Felix

It's Felix It's not really me

You have to watch the original with subtitles - at 100 X better than the remake. Same goes for the Revenant and the Tunnel.

22. Brenald79

Brenald79 Forum Resident

It's about a ruthless DA trying to take down a billionaire hedge fund trader for insider trading. The show it reminds me the most of is Damages the way the two leads try to outmaneuver each other.

alexpop likes this.
  23. ggg71

ggg71 Forum Resident

Any fans of Californication? My wife and I watched it a couple of years ago and I thought it was a blast. David Duchovny was great in it.

Lonson likes this.
  24. alexpop

Never a fan of X Files, but did see a Californication episode, amusing.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2018
  25. alexpop

I must admit the cast is good.