New Record Label: Intervention Records

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by chosenhandle, Aug 6, 2015.

1. picassoson

picassoson Forum Resident

Just got around to checking - my 2011 copy of Sundazed's "White Light" does not have Kevin Gray's initials in the deadwax. All that's there is "s-77733 A" and "s-77734 B".

0476pearljam and IR Shane like this.
  2. Shane,

Have you considered going through Pledge Music to get preorders for items that might not sell as well (such as the Stealers Wheel second album) as a means to release titles with a little more security of sales?

IR Shane, Plan9, Subvet and 2 others like this.
  3. vonwegen

vonwegen Forum Resident

Yes, for sure! I used to have "Natalie's Party"/"Comedy" on 10-inch vinyl, but that was an anomaly.

espendo, AlienRendel and Bryce like this.
  4. Beaker73

Beaker73 Forum Resident

+ 1
    And there are quit some Michael Head fans out there. All the stuff he puts out on vinyl, sells out in no time.

5. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

I would not bet that this white vinyl release is made with this new process.
    I worked with Pledge on Marshall Crenshaw and will b working with them on Matthew Sweet. That's artist-driven, and otherwise not effective. I'd also add that I don't crowd fund through them. That's not really their thing anymore. I am doing and paying for the reissues like always, it just functions as another sales channel outside my own.

PhantomStranger and indigo_m like this.
  6. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

OHMIGOD Amazon is the worst. I shipped those Squier SACDs in at the same time as Nigel, and they were received in full days before on-sale day. And Amazon not only couldn't get its sh*@ together, it put up that dumb message. I opened a ticket Friday. It's now up and for sale, but jeez, it's just lame.

sennj and krlpuretone like this.
  7. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

Hmmm, you know The Church has a rather big anniversary for a big album coming up this year, if only someone were cutting a 100% double LP version of that ...

JeffMo, SamS, bigal00769 and 19 others like this.
  8. ad180

ad180 Forum Resident

:eek:

If only!

9. Blair G.

Blair G. Senior Member

One of the reasons I intend to buy directlyy from your site when I'm ready to spend

ad180 likes this.
  10. Blair G.

Blair G. Senior Member

OMG, is Starfish really 30 years old?!?
    Can't be possible....I'm not that old, am I?
    That album is a Desert Island Disc IMO.
    Oh what I'd give to hear it on SACD......

(Nice foreshadowing BTW )

TakiJones and googlymoogly like this.
  11. HanowarHAIL

HanowarHAIL Forum Resident

Same happened to me. I preordered when it was listed as sold by Amazon.com and now it's not available from Amazon, but is available from Intervention Records and fulfilled by Amazon. I guess I should have waited until it was listed under Intervention Records or just ordered from your site. My copy of Nigel Lived has been delivered today though, so I have that to look forward to after work.

12. George P

George P Notable Member

My IR Don't Say No SACD arrived today and I had a chance to compare the first three tracks from it to the first three on the original CD. For each track, I listened to the original first, then the redbook layer of the SACD. The SACD clearly sounds better! It tames the brightness of the original CD, has a lovely, full sound and is incredibly crankable. Even the cover art reproduction is better on the SACD. Another superb mastering by Kevin Gray and another superb release from Intervention Records!

c-eling and Plan9 like this.
  13. Chrsal

Chrsal Forum Resident

Got my Don't Say No LP today! Another great job by Intervention!

14. lpfreak1170

lpfreak1170 Senior Member

I just felt my wallet shudder a bit...

googlymoogly and ad180 like this.
  15. ellingtonic

ellingtonic Forum Resident

I'd love to see a quality reissue of Starfish by The Church.

Dorian75, TakiJones and ad180 like this.
  16. AlienRendel

AlienRendel Senior Member

already reissued in 2014 and 2016.

17. ad180

ad180 Forum Resident

Plain Records (who released the 2016 version) does not get a cent of my money. If Intervention does this, they would do it right. High quality jackets, usually mastered by Kevin Gray and often from the original analog tapes.

lpfreak1170 and Ryan_Pretzel like this.
  18. AlienRendel

I'd check it out. I haven't heard the Plain version from 2016, but the 2014 from MOV is clearly cut from the ultra-compressed 2005 remasters and doesn't sound that great. The US Arista original LP is one of my finest sounding records - so much depth of sound there.

DHamilton and ellingtonic like this.
  19. AlienRendel

If I had a vote, I'd vote for the Church's 1992 album, "Priest = Aura". It's widely considered their best and has never had what I would consider a proper vinyl issue (the 1992 German LP drops a song and crams a long album onto 1 LP, the Plain 2LP from 2016 is from a heavily compressed remaster). What I don't know is if the album was originally recorded to tape or digital.

ellingtonic likes this.
  20. Crush87

Crush87 Forum Resident

Spinning Lou Reed - New York today. I'm not suggesting it for Intervention, as much as I love the record there are some more worthy candidates, but at 57 minutes I'm shocked no one has redone this as a two LP, I'm sure there's so much more to get out of the tapes

scottp, Doctorwu, scotth and 4 others like this.
  21. ellingtonic

ellingtonic Forum Resident

QUALITY reissue. I have an original that is much better than the 2014 and 2016, which have new owners. :)

Defrance, AlienRendel and ad180 like this.
  22. Beaker73

Beaker73 Forum Resident

I quite like the MOV, but I would buy an AAA Kevin Gray cut in a heartbeat.

JeffMo, dobyblue and ad180 like this.
  23. TakiJones

TakiJones Senior Member

The Church - Starfish

Thats where the song " Reptile" resides

Please do this album

ellingtonic and ad180 like this.
  24. Blair G.

Blair G. Senior Member

I mentioned Starfish because it's 30 this year but maybe Shane was hinting at something else?

AlienRendel likes this.
  25. Dorian75

Dorian75 Forum President

Start with Purple of course, PLEASE!

0476pearljam likes this.