ebay : get_importcds 25% off with $50 purchase

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Tjazz, Nov 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juggsnelson

Juggsnelson Senior Member

I have seen others on here speak of getting this with no number also and they ordered through all different outlets.

2. Juggsnelson

Juggsnelson Senior Member

Some great vinyl bargains at the Importcds Ebay store right now. The latest Gorrillaz, Morrissey, Metallica, Big Star, etc... All starting around 9 bucks. Plus an extra 15 percent when you buy 3.

GentleSenator and black sheriff like this.
  3. stenway

stenway Forum Resident

how good is the packing of that ebay store??? I want order 4 vinyl? just a cardboard box and not protection at all? not like soundstagedirect??
    I even can't contact them, they not respond anything on ebay, is like blind purchase!

4. fluffskul

fluffskul Would rather be at a concert

I've bought from them many times and have never had an issue. Though, YMMV.

stenway likes this.
  5. Radio

Radio Forum Resident

I’ve ordered from Import CDs a few times and everything has been well packed and arrived in good condition.

6. stenway

stenway Forum Resident

but can you tell me how's the packing? just a box and the records inside, not sides protection or oversized box to avoid bends on corners.

both you are in USA so, everything arrive safe, I need a double trip, so the packing is very important.

not as good as this: Vinyl Records & LP Albums | VPI Turntables | Rega Turntable ???

we'll I try buy some records to see how arrive, thanks.

7. fluffskul

fluffskul Would rather be at a concert

IF my memory serves me I believe when I bought just records they were packed with specialty record packaging. However, when I've bought mixture of CDs/LPs they did come in a box. I may be confusing them with another site. But I've definitely noticed before when purchasing from some online vendors that when I buy CDs/LPs mixed, the packing tends to not be as good as when I just buy LPs. And I think importcds may have been one of them (my apologies to them if I'm mis-remembering).

8. Radio

Radio Forum Resident

I’m pretty sure my last purchase from them was a mix of LPs and CDs and it was double boxed. Not as fancy as in that slide show from SoundstageDirect; just special LP box inside a regular box with some of those big bubble wrap material to keep it from bouncing around inside the second box.

9. Mike6565

Mike6565 Hyperactive!

Just ordered 4 from the cdimport ebay sale that were delivered yesterday, they were packed in a cardboard lp box, then sealed in a paper/cardboard container, seemed pretty sturdy and the records arrived in perfect shape.

Juggsnelson likes this.
  10. Lebowski

Lebowski Hey, careful man, there's a beverage here!

In their store they have categories labelled BLWT - Vinyl and BLWT - CD.
    What does the prefix BLWT stand for?
    Blowout
    ?

11. DLD

DLD Senior Member

Yes, it stands for blowout but those prices vary over time. Two Christmases ago they had some killer prices on quite a few good titles. Now there are fewer desirable albums (IMHO of course, ymmv) and, the prices for many of the same albums carried then and now have risen.

12. joannenugent

joannenugent Forum Resident

I was looking to order a few items from this ebay seller, but have never heard of them before and am always catious about getting counterfeit items.

Has anyone ever run into anh problems with counterfeit items from thjs seller?

13. Mr. H

Mr. H Forum Resident

I haven’t heard of conterfeits from Import CDs, but their customer service is the pits. I’ll never order from them again.

joannenugent likes this.
  14. marcb

marcb Senior Member

No counterfeits, but I’ve gotten what I suspected could be a re-seal. Springteen LP with no hype sticker and a noticably different shrink wrap seam than the other Springsteen LPs I bought.

joannenugent likes this.
  15. DLD

DLD Senior Member

I've nothing but good to say about them. Decent, not great, packing, occasionally great prices (tho their prices HAVE risen in the last year) and a solid selection. I've never had a customer service issue with them so o comment there. When E-Bay is having a 15-20% off sale, you can stack that discount on top of Import CDs discount and get some near steals.

16. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

I too have nothing but good to say about them. Decent, but sometimes great packing, typically outstanding prices (agree some increase has been in the last year, mostly in the form of few to none when it comes to stupid-cheap deals). I too have never had a customer service issue with them. One return comes to mind, an off-center pressing and it was without issue.

joannenugent and DLD like this.
  17. joannenugent

Thank you everyone for your helpful comments!

So the ebay seller get_importcds is definitely the ebay storefront for importcds.com then? I mean I know they have the importcds logo and everything, but there are so many scams on ebay, who is to prevent some random seller from adding the importcds logo to their seller profile....

Anyway, I will go ahead and give them a try next time there is an ebay coupon! I need to catch up on those Bowie box sets that have been coming out :laugh:

18. joannenugent

Wow, that is super strange and sketchy!!!!

Although recently I have been noticing this a lot on bluray releases too. Go to walmart and look in the bluray bins and you can find the same title with different styles of shrink wrap (I think one is called cellephane?). Purchase the standard shrink warp style and you will often find the disc is covered in fingerprints and the original paper inserts are missing.

I have no idea what is going on here. There are laws about reselling returned items, so I doubt walmart is doing this. My guess is that it has to be studios are doing this themselves with returned merchandise and then telling stores it is new product?

I haven't noticed this with CDs/LPs yet, but maybe the labels are doing something similar too?

Regardless who is doing it, it is super creepy!

19. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Personal Survival Daily Record-Breaker

Creepy? Talk about extreme.

20. marcb

marcb Senior Member

In the case of Walmart, it could be happening at the distributor level?

Just do a search on “reseal” and I’m sure you’ll find plenty...

joannenugent likes this.
  21. Whoopycat

Whoopycat Forum Resident

I got a record from them last week that was unsealed. It was a Sundazed reissue that had the perforation completely removed from the side of the bag. It looked and played fine so I didn't raise a stink about it.

22. The Elephant Man

The Elephant Man Forum Resident

I’ve ordered from Importcds many times over the years and only had one problem with them. I bought a bunch of vinyl for one of these eBay promotions and they shorted me one LP. I went through the proper eBay channels to alert them and they never responded. About a year later they got another order wrong where they doubled my order and sent me two of everything. I was never charged for the extra vinyl. Gotta love Karma!

23. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

that sounds about right.

24. Buggyhair

Buggyhair Forum Resident

That's funny because I once received an order from them with two of an album I ordered one of. I don't remember what it was, but I do remember getting two of them.

25. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

someone posted around Xmas time that best buy also does that with blu-rays & they claimed the cheaper blu-rays with no artwork/books/stripped down were pressed for rentals & overstock ? some may even be previous rentals returned ? No idea if this is true ,but i certainly have received them with the shrink wrap you are talking about .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.