New Record Label: Intervention Records

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by chosenhandle, Aug 6, 2015.

1. Haha! Can do. I’ll check em.

2. telepicker97

telepicker97 Got Any Gum?

Also some live shows from the Fillmore on iTunes with great selection of covers and unreleased tunes, if your dig the live thing.

3. I do, from time to time. Got lots of driving coming up this week so maybe I’ll start with a few of the studio albums first. Thanks!

telepicker97 likes this.
  4. telepicker97

Be safe driving, and happy listening, friend!

5. Thanks! Prolly almost 1000 miles this week but it’s part of the job and I love it.

6. TheSeldomSeenKid

TheSeldomSeenKid Forum Resident

Both Steve Hoffman & Kevin Gray Remastered together The Hounds of Love and The Sensual World for Audio Fidelity, so I would prefer both of them also do the Remastering for The Dreaming, Aerial and The Red Shoes. Also, would be awesome if there were SACDs for those albums. Not sure why Audio Fidelity only put out those titles on Vinyl, but I recently bought the AF for The Sensual World(probably as low of price as I would have ever be able to find it available as not many copies show up on Ebay & Discogs as New or NM so I figured it might be a rare chance and bought it). I also own 2 copies of AF's The Hounds of Love(both the 2014 reissue yet interestingly both color swirls vary with one being lighter purple and one being darker purple, so if ever sell one of them, would be a tough decision which shade of purple I would prefer to keep, but for now keeping both of them). Does not seem like AF will ever put out the SH/KG Remastered versions of THOL & TSW on SACD, since the Vinyl was released 4-7 years ago, so if IR somehow can do it, those SACDs will be an automatic buy for me.

I am happy for Shane that his releases are doing well, but for me, I have only been interested in Joe Jackson so far and saw their will be an a SACD for 'Look Sharp', but missed it if he also plans to put out 'Night & Day' on SACD, but hope so, as that is his greatest album-IMO. I would also buy 'Body & Soul', 'Big World', 'Live 1980-86', 'Blaze of Glory'(my 2nd favorite JJ album), 'Laughter & Lust', 'Heaven & Hell'(an underrated Great Album) and 'Night & Day-Part 2'. Apologies for being greedy in my want list for Joe Jackson-haha.

7. harmonica98

harmonica98 Senior Member

sorry my point already made upthread

8. telepicker97

I bet I know where the master DAT for BAND is. And if that person doesn't have it, they know where it IS; my CD-R is sourced DAT>WAV>CD-R and is 'unfutzed' as can be.

However, I'd prefer to go back to the master DAT and give a fresh transfer, with modern, high quality 24bit D/D/C...or even 32b...and have someone like Kevin Gray get their hands on it...oooh daddy, I love me some Intervention Records - not just for the 2 LPs I've heard/seen and 1 SACD that I currently own, but for the titles currently in print that I will be purchasing soon (Billy Squier SACD, Joe Jackson LP), and for the promise of what the future has in store - Nice Price Line and BEYOND!

9. 0476pearljam

0476pearljam Forum Resident

So we'll have to wait if the new sundazed shares the same mastering as the previous one (that is not received well) or is a recut...

10. 0476pearljam

Perhaps you are right but Sony is selling vinyl versions of Bob Dylan and it doesn't prevent them to sell the rights to MOFI to do Bob Dylan's catalogue again...The same with the Miles Davis reissues ...So the fact that the Crowes records are available in an inferior and disrespectful way for such a great band doesn't automatically means that it's not possible to see those records done correctly by someone...My feeling is reissuing the Black Crowes's complete catalogue done AAA would be selling tons of records and put Intervention records on the map for all those that are not knowing this label yet...A box set done the right way with all their output including the unissued tracks (there are a lot unissued tracks and b sides) would be a major event and even if it would cost 500 dollars, I will buy it with a big smile (like I did with the beatles mono box set in 2014)...

ellingtonic and telepicker97 like this.
  11. 0476pearljam

Start with southern harmony and the musical companion...it's one of the few records post 1979 that can measure with the classic records of the classic rock era...

12. art

art Senior Member

Three snakes on SACD would be incredible.

telepicker97 likes this.
  13. Larry L

Larry L Senior Member

I just ordered the first 2 Stealers Wheel albums and Night And Day, by Joe Jackson, my first purchase from this label.

14. telepicker97

Your ears thank you.

IR Shane and Larry L like this.
  15. telepicker97

Ya know??!

IR Shane and art like this.
  16. telepicker97

Too bad the mastering available on iTunes is ****.

17. telepicker97

I like your attitude, sir.

18. zardozislove

zardozislove Senior Member

Just adding my excitement about the Starfish reissue. I would also welcome, and purchase, any future Church titles. My preference would be for post Starfish albums as nothing post Priest = Aura was released on vinyl until Untitled #23.

AlienRendel and IR Shane like this.
  19. RichC

RichC Forum Resident

Yeah, I suppose Sony is a bit more open. But even so, aside from KOB, it seems like MoFi puts out the titles that Sony doesn't currently have in print (like Jack Johnson, Sorcerer, On The Corner, etc). And even those MoFi titles are limited runs. Same with Dylan.... The MoFi's are hitting current OOP titles like BOTT and Desire. There is some overlap with the Sony mono box, but technically I think that's OOP, even though plenty of copies are still floating around.
    ANYWAY. The Crowes were on American, now handled by Universal, and they don't seem to share. There's been no audiophile versions of Nirvana or Soundgarden that I can see.... Weezer got the MoFi treatment but only for titles that were OOP.... and MoFi's license of Sea Change by Beck has been gone for years (with the market prices to reflect that).

But yeah, it would be awesome if Shane could make it happen. Just saying the chances ain't great while the current Crowes reissues are flooding the marketplace.

0476pearljam and marcb like this.
  20. Gabe Walters

Gabe Walters Forum Resident

Shane, any interest in/luck with Spiritualized? I would crap my pants.

trumpetplayer and scotth like this.
  21. googlymoogly

googlymoogly Forum Resident

Nirvana's catalog has had several good vinyl reissues, including the ones cut by BG (and a 45 rpm version of "In Utero"). I was surprised that IR got the go-ahead for Matthew Sweet, when Plain Recordings has fairly recently released "Girlfriend", albeit as a digital file cut to vinyl.

IR Shane likes this.
  22. ad180

ad180 Forum Resident

Yes! Ladies & Gentlemen needs a proper reissue.

23. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

Different repertoire- double LP with six tracks not included on the original LP- all 15 songs from the CD plus three demos.

lpfreak1170, ad180 and googlymoogly like this.
  24. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

M
    Never heard of them.

25. Gabe Walters

Gabe Walters Forum Resident

!!!

Stream Ladies and Gentlemen We Are Floating in Space right now. NME album of 1997, over OK Computer. You will love it, and it desperately needs a proper reissue on vinyl. The original UK pressing is out of reach of mere mortals, the Plain reissue sucks balls, and it’s a famous masterpiece with a 10.0 rating on Pitchfork. A proper vinyl release would sell.