Han Solo Anthology Film - "Solo: A Star Wars Story"*

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Encuentro, Nov 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Song4U

Song4U Senior Member

The trailers better than the last one. This film looks like it might be similar to Rogue One, some ground action and sorta barbaric at times which is not a bad thing. Remember that Han was basically a one liner type guy. He rarely spoke in long sentences but rather short fragmented ones that worked and I see there using that same dialog on this new trailer. I wonder if Harrison will make a hidden cameo? I also think that Lando and his female droid might steal the show. My guess is that Ms Chewy might get axed towards the end making the audience feel even more for Chewys character, I mean we already love him.

2. Jim B.

Jim B. Senior Member

Mallatobuck?

I think she is actually canon now, which would make the SW Holiday Special canon.

sunspot42 likes this.
  3. PlushFieldHarpy

PlushFieldHarpy Forum Resident

Because a voiceover implies point of view. Why on earth would a movie about a male hero start with a female's viewpoint? I think we all know the answer to that.
    The sparks sure did fly between Han and Leia in the OT. Will be interesting to see how they pull that same dynamic off in drastically different times. I'm guessing Han curiously was a lot more tame in his younger years.

4. marblesmike

marblesmike Forum Resident

Um not everyone that disliked TLJ liked it for that reason. Now you're generalizing.

5. PlushFieldHarpy

The key is to watch it through the eyes of an 8 year old girl.

Ghostworld likes this.
  6. Daniel Plainview

Daniel Plainview God's Lonely Man

If it didn't have the words "Star Wars" on it I don't think I'd give this trailer a second glance. Maybe I've just had my fill for Star Wars for this year. Gonna pass.

7. marblesmike

I'm kinda in the same place personally--maybe it was the second viewing of TLJ that did it to me. Heck, I really enjoyed the Star Wars Rebels series and still haven't managed to watch the finale, so maybe I ODed on Star Wars.

8. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

No, I don't know the answer to that. You've doubled down, why not go all in and explain.

sunspot42 likes this.
  9. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

Really? I'm at a loss. What are you getting at?

sunspot42 likes this.
  10. PlushFieldHarpy

In the words of Marlene Dietrich, "What does it matter what you say about people?"

11. Jeff Kent

Jeff Kent Forum Resident

I was at Disney last week and there was Solo merch all over the place. We tried to peek at the ongoing construction for Galaxy's End, but couldn't see much.

Ghostworld likes this.
  12. Aggie87

Aggie87 Gig 'Em!

Any movie that's a prequel is not going to kill off a character that exists in later films. If that means they automatically suck, then this one will clearly suck for you as well.

All I can tell you is that this movie, like the prequels, is not for you.

13. Propinquity

Propinquity Forum Resident

It's amazing that they found an actor who looks exactly like Emile Hirsch.

14. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

I haven't burned out yet because I refused to watch The Last Jedi more than once.

15. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

Hahhahah. Go Marlene! If you don't have anything good to say about someone -- please let me know!
    :yikes:

16. sunspot42

sunspot42 Forum Resident

Except it's not a "voiceover" like a narration- it's an observation and a series of questions, and it leads into a shot of a scene featuring that character revealing that she's talking to Solo.

"You're after something. Is it revenge? Money? Or is it something else? You look good. A little rough around the edges, but good."

So no, it doesn't imply "a point a view". It is in fact all about Solo and the mystery of his character.

Your testicals can drop back down again. The movie isn't about some scary girl's point of view. Perish the thought! You might get cooties!

No, but it could whack new characters that it introduces and that we care about. Of course, the prequels totally flamed out on that - easily their greatest failing.

17. Jim B.

Jim B. Senior Member

They could kill Solo....if he is a clone!

This is my theory - do you remember in Attack of the Clones when the Kaminoan PM says to Obi Wan "This army is for the Republic". Emphasis on 'this', meaning there was another army. And Emilia Clarke's character says in the trailer 'I know what you really are'...

Put it together and what do you get? They cloned Solo (best pilot in the galaxy, expert marksman) and there is a whole army of them out there. The one in the film is a clone who will get killed and then replaced by the real Han for A New Hope.

Makes sense to me!

Encuentro likes this.
  18. PlushFieldHarpy

You're right. It's not like the other 3 haven't been loaded with subtext. Disney is just trying to tell a good story, for the benefit of all.
    And as I said in my original comment, if you love brunettes with british accents, you must be heaven. Just don't get them mixed up. But I'm sure people are paying too close attention for that.

19. wolfram

wolfram Slave to the rhythm

Yeah, I'm sure Emilia Clarke got the role because of her hair colour and not because she's playing a major character in the most famous TV show on the planet right now.

sunspot42 likes this.
  20. PlushFieldHarpy

Oh, she's from TV. I did not know that.

21. wolfram

Seriously, you don't know who she is?

22. PlushFieldHarpy

No, had to look her up. I've never watched that show. It is indeed popular though. May explain why she was featured so prominently.

23. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

Eww...yucky....girls are going to be a big part of this movie and are even allowed to talk over the trailer.

[​IMG]

sunspot42 likes this.
  24. wolfram

Yep, she's Daenerys Stormborn of the House Targaryen, First of Her Name, the Unburnt, Queen of the Andals and the First Men, Khaleesi of the Great Grass Sea, Breaker of Chains, and Mother of Dragons. And now she has Han, Chewie and the Falcon to help her mount the Iron Throne.

Tokyo Ghost, Encuentro and SJP like this.
  25. marblesmike

She was also Sarah Conner for a time :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.