Han Solo Anthology Film - "Solo: A Star Wars Story"*

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Encuentro, Nov 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wolfram

wolfram Slave to the rhythm

Damn those British brunettes.

2. marblesmike

marblesmike Forum Resident

Yeah seriously! I was never really a big fan of Liz Hurley either :)

wolfram likes this.
  3. dprokopy

dprokopy Senior Member

There were actually quite a few GoT actors featured in The Force Awakens (including, most prominently, Gwendoline Christie and Max von Sydow). Apparently they share the same casting director.

4. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

There are quite a few Game of Thrones actors in everything! Everything British anyway.

5. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident Thread Starter

That would be bold, to say the least. It would certainly ruffle a lot of feathers. I heard another theory pertaining to Han’s past that could hand in hand with your theory.
    I heard that Han was a former stormtrooper.

Jim B. likes this.
  6. Aggie87

Aggie87 Gig 'Em!

The flaws in the prequels are plentiful, but they did give me at least three characters that I cared about, who got whacked - Padme, Qui-Gon Jinn and Darth Maul (the last two of whom got whacked way too quickly). Four perhaps, if I add Mace Windu. He's further down the scale for me.

7. Encuentro

I was about to post that you have her confused with Cersei, but it turns out that two Game of Thrones actresses played the same part. Small world.

Tokyo Ghost and marblesmike like this.
  8. Lord Summerisle

Lord Summerisle Forum Resident

This was the rumour going around when I was a kid in the 80s.

sunspot42 and Encuentro like this.
  9. Encuentro

Interesting. I didn’t know it went that far back. I first heard about it after The Phantom Menace was released.

10. Wild Frank

Wild Frank Forum Resident

So we're saying Harrison Ford was a replicant? ;)

11. Jim B.

Jim B. Senior Member

I think it's accepted he was once an imperial of some sort, maybe a pilot in training, but that he went AWOL because he saved Chewie. So he's on the run and that's why he doesn't want any 'imperial' involvement.

But that does beg the question, if you are on the run, and the Empire has spies all over, and your a wanted man, wouldn't you change your name?

Encuentro and Al Smith like this.
  12. Al Smith

Al Smith Forum Resident

It’s as smart as hiding a baby with last name Skywalker at your step brother’s house on Tatooine.

13. ianuaditis

ianuaditis Matthew 21:17

I remember having the Return of the Jedi novelization when I was in elementary school, and there was a passage in there about Han Solo being an alias. Leia has a rumination about the meaning of Solo.

I can't cite a source, but in the Legends continuum that the mouse killed off, IIRC he was once in the Imperial Academy. Wookiepedia says he was orphaned at a young age and became a smuggler, so it looks like the upcoming film will establish his origins in the new canon.

Jim B. likes this.
  14. daglesj

daglesj Forum Resident

I don't think it will be a great movie.

Laservampire likes this.
  15. Jim B.

Jim B. Senior Member

LOL, good point!

Al Smith likes this.
  16. Jim B.

Jim B. Senior Member

That would make sense but then here Solo family - Wikipedia it lists his parents and grandparents and they are all called Solo so it must be his real name, and that was canon at the time those books were written, so approved by Lucas, so he must have accepted Solo wasn't an alias. One of his relatives was even a King and ruled a planet.

I assume going forward that they will wipe all that from canon and can make it an alias now. But then when he married Leia and had kid(s) why keep an alias and not name them with the 'correct' name?

17. Rhett

Rhett Forum Resident

Here's a thought I had today about this Han Solo movie. What if the Han Solo movie became a franchise like James Bond? Every so many years a new actor would step into the role of Han Solo. We could have Han adventure in and around the first Star Wars movies - which could mean other people could play Leia and Luke and whoever else if need be (based on what the story was doing).
    That way the Star Wars films could continue on in a new direction (perhaps) and possibly the Han movies would cater to the older Star Wars crowd in a galaxy/time we are familiar with.

I was sorta thinking about this today as I was thinking on how after I saw TFA I was eager to see it again - though I didn't agree with Han dying - I thought it was an enjoyable movie.
    I have also seen TLA once. And I haven't had the urge to see it again. I walked out of the theater rather disappointed with the movie (over all).

So then after seeing trailer #2 for the Han movie - which looks intriguing to me. Though, the actor playing Han I'm not too sold on (yet) - but it might work. And that's when it hit me. Maybe it's like seeing a new James Bond for me.
    Maybe after I see this new incarnation of Han Solo - I'll be ok. I liken it to (mostly all) the actors who have played James Bond - in which I've grown to like.

Al Smith likes this.
  18. Rhett

Rhett Forum Resident

*should be - I have seen TLJ (The Last Jedi) once.

19. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

More of a Divine Brown guy like Hugh eh?:D

20. Propinquity

Propinquity Forum Resident

[​IMG]

21. daglesj

daglesj Forum Resident

I know..revelatory right?

Looking forward to 10 years from now when Disney are putting out "Third Stormtrooper from the right behind Darth Vader - A Soldiers Story"

22. Jim B.

Jim B. Senior Member

That would be amazing if they did that, seeing the whole of episodes 4 to 6 from the perspective of a stormtrooper. It is kind of like the wonderful book 'Lost Stars' by Claudia Gray, which follows two recruits as they join up and progress through the ranks. They experience lots of the events of the original trilogy and it's fascinating to see it from their perspective and what they think they are fighting for.

Encuentro likes this.
  23. Jim B.

Jim B. Senior Member

I must admit I'm not very excited by this film, and didn't really feel the need for it, but come on, give it a chance before you dismiss it. The script is meant to be great and the action/effects will look great as normal so if the direction and acting are good it could be a surprise little treat.

Just don't think it's helpful to write it off until it's released.

David Campbell likes this.
  24. Quadboy

Quadboy Forum Resident

At least it will be nice to see the Falcon in pristine condition [as it looks pristine in the trailer] ...................or do fans prefer it as a pile of junk?

25. Quadboy

Quadboy Forum Resident

I just hope the script has a more adult/mature/dialogue tone ..................taking this one away from the SW series aimed at 12 year olds.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.