New Pink Floyd vinyl reissues

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by ptijerm, Apr 9, 2016.

1. Tony Dogs

Tony Dogs Forum Resident

I believe Echoes: The Best of Pink Floyd was released on vinyl back in the day. And it was recently reissued on cd on Pink Floyd Records. So I guess a vinyl reissue isn't totally unrealistic.

andrewskyDE and Szeppelin75 like this.
  2. Norco74

Norco74 For the good and the not so good…

Yes especially that PFR seems to stick to the previous released vinyl catalog w/o exception.

3. MILKEY

MILKEY Forum Resident

The latest Echoes 2cd is it remastered or just repackaged
    Thanks

4. Tony Dogs

Tony Dogs Forum Resident

The latter.

5. MILKEY

MILKEY Forum Resident

Well thanks I think you mean remastered

6. zinan

zinan Forum Resident

The latter = just repackaged

7. Mean Dorris

Mean Dorris Well-Known Member

Just had copy of the Meddle reissue from Amazon UK.

Noticed there is a low dull thud for about 17 revs just a little into the start of Echoes.

Got a replacement in from Amazon, but the 2nd copy has the exact same issue.

Has anyone else come across this? Is it a general pressing problem or have I just been unlucky?

8. nodbor

nodbor Forum Resident

Go ahead and hate me, just don't kill me. This was a bad performance........ I had two of the original copies on vinyl box sets. Sold them both. Go ahead........

9. nodbor

nodbor Forum Resident

Ok, way way way, back in the day the first print may have had that poster. I thought there was one in the one I had bought the first week on release. People tell me, no, there was never one included in the record. So maybe it was only in a few LPs or maybe we got one as a promo with purchase. Anyway, I do not have the poster. or the LP that I bought at the time.

10. To what are you referring?

superstar19 and AnalogJ like this.
  11. Classicrock

Classicrock Senior Member

Let's put it this way - This came out before hi-res digital archiving and it sure doesn't sound like 16 bit CD on vinyl. This and original Amused to Death I am positive are all analogue in so far as being cut from tape. ATD probably includes some digital recorded parts. I think it states Pulse is an analogue recording in the sleeve notes.

12. JP Christian

JP Christian Forum Resident

Apologies if it has been mentioned before, but What Records (UK) are offering pre-orders of Pulse vinyl for £84.99 and Relics for £14.99.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
  13. Easy-E

Easy-E Forum Resident

Hi, dont worry about being trampled in the rush of posts - you havent been ignored :wave:

Now, if those records are German and from the 70's/80's they are analog - that's how records were made in those days :)

1 C 064-96 918 - thats a fairly standard issue repress from a couple of years after the original release

064-7 46035 1 - same thing - nothing wrong with it either

Theyre cheap cos they sold about a bazillion copies of this - they aint rare and German pressing are fine

The thing with WYWH is the cleanness - you have to get a EX+ or NM one to give yourself a chance to get a clean one or the crackle etc might spoil the quiet parts

But then again the new one is fine - you get the black plastic outer wrapping too :) and its clean an brand new

Its not analog but it is quiet and a mint copy of any 75-85 WYWH will cost 10 times the price of the new one

14. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac

There was never a poster that came with The original Wall LP.

15. SNDVSN

SNDVSN Forum Resident

Good prices but they charge for delivery which cancels out any savings.

16. zinan

zinan Forum Resident

This preorder very favorable to those who live outside UK:
    Relics [VINYL] Pink Floyd Sold by: Amazon EU S.a.r.L. £12.98 - TOTAL £16.56
    Pulse [VINYL] Pink Floyd Sold by: Amazon EU S.a.r.L. £73.66 - £77.24

17. Szeppelin75

Szeppelin75 Forum Resident

Its $84.97 on Amazon US right now.

18. Tony Dogs

Tony Dogs Forum Resident

I remember quite vividly that I had an LP issue of The Wall with a poster. The poster had the lyrics printed on it. Such a shame I can't find it.

scotth likes this.
  19. JP Christian

JP Christian Forum Resident

The UK copies had the lyrics printed on the inner sleeves - if there ever was a poster included with UK copies I've never seen one, but can't categorically say that it never existed...

20. Sytze

Sytze Senior Member

I bought the very first Dutch pressing in December 1979 and it definitely had no poster. Printed inner sleeves.

21. Tuck1977

Tuck1977 Forum Resident

Lyrics that where hard to read on the inner sleeve.

22. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac

Same with the original US release.

23. Tony Dogs

Tony Dogs Forum Resident

I have looked into the matter. According to the Pink Floyd Archives of Vernon Fitch, in 2012 EMI released a The Wall LP with a poster. That version must have been the one I had.

24. jonnyslb

jonnyslb Forum Resident

Roger said in an interview that a 5.1 mix of Animals is comming, he worked with Aubrey Powel on a new cover for this release and is very beautiful!! Only missing an entire live performance of the animls tour from 77!

andrewskyDE and nfmboss666 like this.
  25. inperson

inperson Senior Member

I'm sorry but I can't look through all 500+ pages of this thread to see if I these ended being digital or analog. I was thinking on ordering Saucerful. Can some kind soul fill me in or link me to an answer? Thanks