Pink Floyd Animals in 5.1 Speculation, Now Pricing & Shipping thread starting Page 248

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by rontoon, Apr 16, 2018.

1. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac Thread Starter

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
  2. AlanDistro

AlanDistro Forum Resident

Day One purchase for me, love the album! Hope we get an Immersion like box set with a live show, the extended "Pigs on the Wing", and more.

3. Acoustic Warrior

Acoustic Warrior I Come From The Water

Very exciting news! I have an old Quad8 boot with Snowy White's version added on the end. Would be great to have this in blu-ray proper!

joshm2286, makedatmusic and klockwerk like this.
  4. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

:tsk:Don't tease me !!!! :drool:

5. hi_watt

hi_watt The Road Warrior

Bark! Oink! BAA!!!
    Woo!

6. Myke

Love how Roger just says it matter-of-factly, like it's just something we all should know. :laugh:

7. Mainline461

Mainline461 Forum Resident

Been ready for this one!!!

8. Goldy

Goldy Failed to load

Is this the remix we really want? :D

9. Myke

Now I need to listen. The 32DP CD, or the 2016 Grundman vinyl ? Maybe the 2011 Sax reissued CD. Decisions, decisions.

10. Rodney Toady

Rodney Toady Waste of cyberspace

On SACD, please!

11. PDK

PDK Forum Resident

I never thought I'd live to see the day!

...and I still haven't.

This is the one I've been dreaming for. If they do this I would bank on a stereo remix as well.

12. ODShowtime

ODShowtime jaded faded

Hey now

makedatmusic likes this.
  13. detroit muscle

detroit muscle MIA

Roger offered this up in the context of discussing album art and the interviewer just let it go without any follow up. Where do they get these guys from? :rant:

14. Myke

Still don't know how this album eluded me for 33 years. I was somehow never exposed to it, outside of WKRP, and even then, somehow never sought out any info. on it.
    Not until joining this forum in 2010, then I finally paid attention, and of course fell in love with it.

Joti Cover, pinkrudy, tedhead and 3 others like this.
  15. jlf

jlf Forum Resident

Roger says: "I've just been working with Po on a...there's gonna... there's a reissue of Animals, I think, a 5.1 mix of Animals. And so, I've been working with..or, well, I haven't been working, I think he's been working. But he came up with some new photographs of Battersea Power Station as it is now to use as a CD cover for the new 5.1 mix. Beautiful."

I guess it will follow the other PF and RW packages and be CD/DVD and CD/BluRay. Or maybe they'll be working with Acoustic Sounds again for an SACD thing. Obviously, a 5.1 mix won't be on a CD so maybe that was an accident. The wait continues.

rd1, joshm2286, makedatmusic and 4 others like this.
  16. coffeetime

coffeetime Senior Member

Sold! Properly discovered the album with the 2011 Discovery box. Will happily take a 5.1 Animals, even if it means another £99 Immersion box with scarves and marbles.

17. Bonddm

Bonddm Forum Resident

Roger also mentioned that the upcoming shows in Amsterdam are going to be filmed.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
    tedhead, jumpinjulian, jlf and 3 others like this.
  18. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac Thread Starter

This will more than likely be the work of James Guthrie. If there's a new 5.1 mix then a new stereo mix is also very likely. Looking forward to hearing the drums beefed up. I'm sure we'll soon find out whether or not this ends up being a stand alone release or something more deluxe. I'd love to see one (or more) of the soundboard recordings from this tour cleaned up and possibly include the early demos as well.

Yup, and I just posted this info in his tour thread.

19. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

What the!? Great news! Thanks Ron. Let's hope for a dedicated box set for this album finally!!

20. dkmonroe

dkmonroe A completely self-taught idiot

Mind. Blown.

Maybe they'll resolve the Meddle 5.1 issue while they're at it. Not that I'm, complaining - I'll definitely spring for Animals 5.1 as long as it's not in some expensive box that I can't afford.

Shai, rd1, makedatmusic and 2 others like this.
  21. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

Yes! Live recordings please!! Hope there's something worthy in the vaults?

22. Myke

I rarely hear musicians speak as we do here. They really don't care about such things. :laugh:

Icethorn and makedatmusic like this.
  23. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

Isn't this where we came in?
    (Oops, wrong album again.)

24. Myke

Have you heard the Grundman vinyl ? Very beefy on the drums.

25. The Slipperman

The Slipperman Forum Resident

If there is a soundboard live show from the Animals tour included in the set, I hate to think how much they could charge me for it and I would gladly pay.