The Walking Dead Season 8

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Aggie87, Oct 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

may as well nail their foots to the floor and walk in circles...LOL.

2. Michael

yea, go ahead and bait us...and of course they know we're foolish enough to take it...

3. rene smalldridge

rene smalldridge Senior Member

Well , ok , but a show about the actual winding down of humankind could be interesting regardless of the scenario.
    But only if the writing was considerably better than the writing on this show has become.

4. You're spot on. That's the premise of the comic, even if they didn't have a Dr. Jenner in the funny books to tell them that they already carry the disease.

Death is the activator.

There is an afterlife, Virginia, and it means walking the earth as a flesh eating zombie.

At any rate, yes, this means that both the dead and the living are the "walking dead." There's only one degree of seperation between the two, though it's a large degree...or is it?

I mean, even without a zombie apocalypse there are only two kinds of people in this world: the semi-retired and the retired. The "retired" are those that have died. The "semi-retired," of course are those of us who still live.

It's all a big dress rehearsal for the big finale.

5. Michael

agree...it's been pretty bad...

6. I like how Jerry kept ruining Ezekiel's stupid lines. Bravisimo!

First, Eugune handed Negan a WWII era S&W toploader. So, where did they get casings for a revolver like that? What's more, Negan fires that gun in a hollow warehouse and nobody jumps at the gunshots? It must have been the magic that Eugene used to make all of those rounds, in different calibers, no less, in around a day or so.

This show is dead when Cold-Blooded-Carol commends a ****ing pacifist like Limp Jesus. :) jk

Rick pulled a fast one.

Not bad, but a bit slow, huh? Anticlimactic, even?

And now they're just going to just forgive Eugene because of his "faux ka-blooee?" Why would Eugene even do that? He showed no signs of allegiance to Rick's group until now? For what? I hope this is really explained at some later time, other than that little speech he gave Rosita.

I have to admit that the flashbacks of Rick and Carl walking together, when Carl was little, was pretty touching. That was very nice.

Also, I like what appears to be Maggie, Jesus, and Daryl plotting against Rick. Buyt how are they going to pull that off with Jesus in tow?

tommy-thewho likes this.
  7. mikem60

mikem60 Forum Resident

So you can get your throat Slit and not Die ?

8. spewey

spewey Senior Member

[​IMG]

9. No wonder.

spewey likes this.
  10. SonOfAlerik

SonOfAlerik Forum Resident

It seemed like a shallow cut. So if you didn't hit a major vein or artery yes you could survive.

11. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden MichiGort Staff

The baseline is already an "endless cycle" where everyone dies. People find a way to be happy and move forward in the face of mounting losses as they go through their lives.

Figuring a way to do that in the context of this new reality would be the happy ending.

12. Bender Rodriguez

Bender Rodriguez RIP Exene, best dog ever. 2005-2016

Is it finally time for Rick to go?

13. Lownote30

Lownote30 Bass Clef Addict

Jesus will not go along with Maggie, and I'm not even sure Daryl will either.

14. Aggie87

Aggie87 Gig 'Em! Thread Starter

Why do R & M tell Negan what they're going to do to him in vivid detail, before they actually do it? He'll have time to figure out a plan to counter it as he heals. Not real bright.

Hopefully this storyline doesn't continue to get dragged out for yet another season.

Move on to whatever is next. The military helicopter sightings maybe.

EVOLVIST likes this.
  15. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

Yes, the the fork on form Negan!

16. Michael

that's too easy and predictable...show us the cause, give us a cure or kill them all...

17. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden MichiGort Staff

And you thought *my* version was too easy and predictable? ;)

18. I was wondering the same thing. Wouldn't it have been better, and even more dramatic, had Negan opened his eyes to find that he was on his sick bed, in the cell already, while Rick and Michonne are talking to him, only to have them walk out, slamming the bars shut as they leave? Clang! Cut back to Negan's face for the final time this season, showing the look on his face. He's not smiling anymore. How difficult would it have been to do that?

Right, a fairly shallow cut, but if Rick had only cut into the skin without cutting into Negan's larynx, Negan would have still been mobile enough to fight. As is, though, they made it look like Rick had cut into the larynx, making breathing near impossible, thus Negan falling to his knees. This is still a serious wound, one that should have killed Negan without access to a real emergency room. Rick just commands his folks, "Fix him!" Okay, Rick, dum dum, once again you're just bopping through the apocalypse expecting somebody else to clean up your caca. I'm surprised Negan could even talk after that, let alone live with just some gauze on his throat. And then Michonne grabs the delicate wound and roughs it up for good measure. :rolleyes:

In the comic Maggie is pissed about sparing Negan to this day. She runs her personal vendetta against Negan behind Rick's back, but in no way does she try to usurp Rick. Maybe it's better for the show that she does, or
    am I reading Maggie wrong in the TV show that she actually wants Rick gone? That would be a cool way to take the show for next season, if true. But, I thought the actress hadn't signed on for Season 9???

Bender Rodriguez likes this.
  19. Lownote30

Lownote30 Bass Clef Addict

I felt like it could go either way, but I don't think Maggie wants Rick gone. No word on whether the actress has settled the pay dispute and signed on for next season yet.

20. Michael

LOL...

21. SonOfAlerik

And where the heck are they going to imprison Negan indefinitely? It's not like they still live at the prison. And I would assume he will be trying to escape at every opportunity.

22. Morton LaBongo

Morton LaBongo Forum Resident

While watching this last episode, I was kind of disappointed at how it pretty much turned out just as we had speculated. Once again the Saviors were defeated after having been set up for an expected victory. This must be at least the fourth time this has happened. Someone else had speculated too that the women's group was going to join the attack -- bingo, it happened. And Eugene was sabotaging the bullets all along. The only real surprise for me was Negan not killing the priest, which I had totally expected after the attempted escape. Maggie's outburst when Rick spared Negan seemed really phoned-in, I usually like the acting on the show and she is one of the better characters but this seemed totally fake to me. It also seemed like Negan lost an awful lot of blood to have survived that cut, the close up of Rick's hand appears to show it literally soaked and dripping with blood. But apparently Rick knew he gave him only a minor would so he could be saved. Huh. Overall it wasn't an awful episode, just generally too predictable.

beat_truck and vegafleet like this.
  23. balzac

balzac Senior Member

If I'm feeling *very* generous about this show and its quality, this review pretty closely mirrors my feelings:

https://io9.gizmodo.com/the-walking-dead-didnt-earn-its-season-finale-in-the-sl-1825289365

Small bit from the review:

I don’t think I’ve ever watched a more self-satisfied, obnoxious episode of television in my life. But what’s even more obnoxious is that the season eight finale of The Walking Dead was still gratifying to me, too, if only because it looks like it finally got the AMC show back on the right track (...maybe).

I’ve been trying to think of an analogy for the back half of season eight all night, and best I can come up with is this: You have a crappy friend. He borrows money and never pays it back. He tries to flirt with your girlfriend. He asks to use your car and he brings it back with a dent, pretending like it was there all along. But one day, you need $100, bad, and this friend actually helps you out… and then he smugly acts like he’s the greatest, most generous friend who ever lived. But here’s the thing—when you absolutely needed that money, he still gave it to you.

Hall Cat likes this.
  24. MikeInFla

MikeInFla Glad to be out of Florida

Morgan built one in Alexandria. Remember he put one of the wolves there? That is if there is anything left of Alexandira.

sixtiesstereo likes this.
  25. SonOfAlerik

But that was just a room with bars. No running water or toilet. So who's accompanying him to the bathroom 5 times a day? Seems like a risky situation.

MikeInFla likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.