Pink Floyd Animals in 5.1 Speculation, Now Pricing & Shipping thread starting Page 248

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by rontoon, Apr 16, 2018.

1. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac Thread Starter

It's gonna be a Guthrie mix. He handles the classic back catalogue mixes.
    Apparently Roger has heard it (and loved it) so it's safe to assume that Guthrie's multi-channel mix is done.

2. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

My response was for the dream Tull-like packaging the other member was wishing for. I've no doubt of Guthrie's involvement.

makedatmusic and rontoon like this.
  3. matthew2600

matthew2600 Forum Resident

If you like Pink Floyd you should already have a 5.1 setup.

4. amonjamesduul

amonjamesduul Forum Resident

I would wager a SACD type release for Animals ,but the same as many others I would love a box set with a live show and those demo like things that came out a few years ago.Not much as far as video goes tho,I always wondered why there were no new films for the In the flesh tour back in 77,Scarfe's animation would have been perfect for the Animals songs.Maybe cost was involved since the tour was so big.Still this will be a day 1 purchase for me in any format.

pexie, Gorgon, makedatmusic and 2 others like this.
  5. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

A good surround release would be nice this year. Rhino is now claiming ignorance of any Doobie Brothers quad set.

6. California Couple

California Couple dislike us on facebook

I held out for 41 years because I never liked the Animal Farm bit.

But I just now gave in and bought this album in its mini-LP version. I would rather have the jewel case version for storage purposes, but I suppose my new one is a better recording.

I have not heard it thru regular speakers yet. I still skip the short pigs and only listen to the long tracks, exclusively at night with the headphones on.

makedatmusic likes this.
  7. Markbot

Markbot Forum Resident

Never heard of a Quad8 of Animals. I know an "upmix" has circulated, but nothing from an official quad source.

melo85 and makedatmusic like this.
  8. detroit muscle

detroit muscle MIA

makedatmusic and Shaddam IV like this.
  9. davesmoked

davesmoked Forum Resident

The Wall 5.1? Please

10. Markbot

Markbot Forum Resident

I guess it will follow the other PF and RW packages and be CD/DVD and CD/BluRay. Or maybe they'll be working with Acoustic Sounds again for an SACD thing. Obviously, a 5.1 mix won't be on a CD so maybe that was an accident. The wait continues.[/QUOTE]

The DTS 5.1 audio CD is a dead format and considered lossy. So yeah probably today it would be SACD, blu-ray or DVD for 5.1.

makedatmusic and rontoon like this.
  11. Erik Tracy

Erik Tracy Meet me at the Green Dragon for an ale

Well, I hope that with the demise of Oppo, whoever is working on this won't be scared off of doing some sort of tangible physical media.

makedatmusic and jlf like this.
  12. Philrock90

Philrock90 Forum Resident

I think to sell better it would need to be a cd/dvd or blu ray set hopefully as said maybe with a live show but i wont hold my breath for that either way a 5.1 mix will be amazing

makedatmusic and PDK like this.
  13. atrocity

atrocity Well-Known Member

I've always heard that the tapes need a LOT of help.

makedatmusic likes this.
  14. atrocity

atrocity Well-Known Member

Fantasy: Oakland, May 9, 1977. One of the best shows of the tour, the only time they played three encores and the last time they ever played "Careful with that Axe, Eugene", which was also the first time they'd played it something like five years.

15. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

I made this a while back...

[​IMG]

16. PDK

PDK Forum Resident

Any other format would leave money on the table. These would be the only fiscally sound options.

makedatmusic, Philrock90 and rontoon like this.
  17. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

I can't playback surround mix either, so I always do downmixes to stereo.^^

makedatmusic and Michael Rose like this.
  18. Black Elk

Black Elk Music Lover

That has nothing to do with Guthrie, and everything to do with the members of Pink Floyd, and getting them to agree and sign off on projects!

19. Philrock90

Well we know Roger loves the album due to its politics etc and i think it is one of the best floyd albums a 5.1 mix of this will be amazing to hear fingers crossed in the near future we will get a release and hopefully The Wall maybe next year for the 40th anniversary

20. qwyjibo

qwyjibo Forum Resident

The chimneys are back up. I know this because I live five minutes away from the site.

Definitely up for any new remix of this record. I don't normally bother with Immersion/Blu-ray versions of albums but I'll make an exception for this one. It always been my favourite Floyd album and not just for my local connection to the Power Station!

21. englishbob

englishbob has left the SH Forums...19/05/2023

Holding out for an SACD with it on, like WYWH, rather than some junk box thing with bacon and lamb in it

22. PDK

PDK Forum Resident

LOL

makedatmusic likes this.
  23. carrolls

carrolls Forum Resident

I think I would rate this album higher than Wish You Were Here.

24. Philrock90

Or could this possibly be on a follow up to the early years boxset? Although doubt if roger said about updated albumartwork

makedatmusic and andrewskyDE like this.
  25. giantleech

giantleech Lord of all fevers and plagues

?

I want them Doobie quads.