Favourite KISS Tour?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Queezma, Apr 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Queezma

Queezma Forum Resident Thread Starter

I was lucky enough to see the opening night of the Reuinion Tour in Detroit on June 28 1996 and was my first KISS show, so that obviously holds a special spot for me. But believe it or not my favourite tour is the Revenge Tour....setlist, stage production, and their playing was top notch. They seemed like a hungry band again out to prove that they were still a force to be reckoned with.

Stephen J, Sean, walrus and 6 others like this.
  2. Jimmy Mac

Jimmy Mac Zooropa... better by design

Wasn’t around to be able to see it, but if I’m going back in time, the Love Gun/Alive II would be it for me. My favourite set list and Kiss at their absolute peak.

Sean, Christopher B, Curveboy and 4 others like this.
  3. Pinknik

Pinknik Senior Member

I saw Reunion and Psycho Circus and enjoyed them both.

Todd W. and Queezma like this.
  4. Chew

Chew Casual Stalker

My favorite show was at Cobo Arena on the "Creatures Of The Night" tour. They were hungry again.

unclesalty, Sean, scottp and 3 others like this.
  5. Queezma

Definitely their peak and full on mania!

6. WhoDaresWins

WhoDaresWins Forum Resident

I was also at Tiger Stadium show, Detroit was KISS town that day. There was three radio stations playing KISS the entire day of the show. That show was full of energy from the band and the crowd. It was a celebration of KISS originals reunion.

Another great show was the Revenge Tour. The Stanley, Simmons, Kulick & Singer lineup was very tightest formations of KISS musically.

Stormrider77, Weirwolfe and Queezma like this.
  7. jon9091

jon9091 Master Of Reality

Destroyer Tour.

Gethan Wall, Sean and Bob_in_OKC like this.
  8. Queezma

Yes the electricity in the air that day was like nothing I have experienced before or since.

Bob_in_OKC likes this.
  9. Bob_in_OKC

Bob_in_OKC Forum Resident

I’m still amazed my parents let my brother and me go to Shreveport in ‘76 for the Destroyer tour show. We went again in ‘79, but it wasn’t quite the same. I was sort of accustomed to KISS by then. They were almost old hat. Or maybe we were just becoming old pros at the concert routine.

Stephen J likes this.
  10. SonicBob

SonicBob Forum Resident

I saw them once in '96 for the reunion and had a great time and I'm content with that. I would imagine Love Gun tour would've been the peak for the original band and that would've been cool to have seen, but I was just a toddler. I would go to see Ace live though, currently.

Queezma likes this.
  11. Steven0001

Steven0001 Well-Known Member

Australia 1980 (Unmasked tour) for me. For a brief, shining moment, KISS were as big as the Beatles down there--or at least it felt like it at the time. All the news broadcasts were consumed with KISS reports, Shandi was a hit, and all was right with the world. ;)

The concert in Melbourne was tremendous. They were suddenly great live again after the dismal concerts at the end of Peter's tenure. The setlist was excellent, the show very large-scale, and with the Dynasty-era costumes still being used, they looked literally larger than life. I remember Gene's energetic prowling especially.

12. YardByrd

YardByrd rock n roll citizen in a hip hop world

First shows I ever saw, both tours... only 9 and 10 at the time and they blew my mind!

13. Queezma

I think Eric gave them a good shot in the arm in a Live setting. Unfortunate that they didn’t tour North America in 1980.

Curveboy, Zoot Marimba and Steven0001 like this.
  14. brownsound2112

brownsound2112 Forum Resident

Honestly? Glasgow last year - I was on the rail right in front of Gene. An unreal experience. Paul’s singing wasn’t anywhere near as bad as I was expecting, either.

Runner up, Wembley Arena in 1996 - original band in full make up. Had an out of body experience at that one!

15. Queezma

I also loved the Sonic Boom Tour. Excellent varied setlist, stage production was wild.....and I saw this tour JUST before Paul’s voice took a turn.

Zoot Marimba likes this.
  16. Zoot Marimba

Zoot Marimba And I’m The Critic Of The Group

I agree. Not a fan of Unmasked, but that tour quite handily blew away Dynasty, and I credit Eric for that. Shame that lineup didn’t last longer, even though I love what Vinnie brought to KISS, and he was defintely the last member who I genuinely give a sh!t about.

Queezma likes this.
  17. Queezma

Agreed!!! As much as I LOVE the original 4....they became a more powerful band with Eric and then with Vinnie.

Zoot Marimba likes this.
  18. Gregster

Gregster Forum Resident

Yo,

They've played / toured Australia 4-times so far(?), & for myself, The "KISS my ass down-under" tour from the mid-1990's was really, really impressive. Unmasked, no gimmicks, just straight ahead rock'n roll, that went to prove how powerful the music itself really is.

The successive tours ( before & after) were quite good too. No such thing as a bad KISS show that I've seen or heard of down this way.

Cheers,

Gregster

Queezma likes this.
  19. The Elder Tour :D

SinisterGinger and Zoot Marimba like this.
  20. Zoot Marimba

Zoot Marimba And I’m The Critic Of The Group

Truly a band at their peak!

21. jeffrey walsh

jeffrey walsh Senior Member

Reunion at MSG in 96 was great, opening with Deuce into KOTNW was a knockout!

Gregster likes this.
  22. Duke Fame

Duke Fame Sold out the Enormodome

Dynasty tour. I was 10 yeas old and it was my first concert. Changed my life.

YardByrd, GodShifter, 905 and 2 others like this.
  23. Queezma

Haha nice :D

Zoot Marimba likes this.
  24. vamborules

vamborules Forum Resident

I've only seen them on the Dynasty and Reunion tours. Dynasty wins easily.

Their greatest tour has to be '77 even if they sounded better a bit earlier than that.

Gregster and Zoot Marimba like this.
  25. Spitfire

Spitfire Senior Member

The Alive! tour after the album was released.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.