Ebay and Amazon Sellers Please...

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by Mirrorblade.1, Apr 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mirrorblade.1

Mirrorblade.1 Forum Resident Thread Starter

Stop using Dhl to ship out cds. etc.. it's slow things get misplaced.
    I don't know why sellers like Importcds using them can't companies
    get a bulk rate from the post office..
    And yet my package delivered to dhl is delivered by the post office..
    I wish Dhl would go away..lazy stupid.

2. InStepWithTheStars

InStepWithTheStars It's a miracle, let it alter you

It can't seriously be that much more effort to make a "US" pile and an "international" pile. I guess saving that little bit of effort is worth losing customers like flies.

3. tmtomh

tmtomh Forum Resident

They use DHL Global (with hand-off to USPS) because it's cheap. I agree it's not ideal - not to mention DHL's online tracking has to be done through a separate, awful DHL site and it doesn't always work. But on the flip side I'll say that in my experience the speed of the DHL-USPS method has improved in the last year or so. It used to be that packages would sit at the Hebron, KY DHL warehouse for 7-10 days waiting to be handed off to USPS. Lately, though, they seem to sit for much less time before moving on to USPS.

black sheriff likes this.
  4. InStepWithTheStars

InStepWithTheStars It's a miracle, let it alter you

You've had DHL's tracking work!?!? :faint:

5. tmtomh

tmtomh Forum Resident

Yes - it was awful/nonfunctional a couple of years ago, but more recently I've found that it works pretty well. Sometimes it doesn't work at the DHL Global site, but it always works on USPS.com.

Apologies in advance if I'm stating the obvious, but these kinds of DHL packages can't ever be tracked at DHL.com. They can only be tracked at https://webtrack.dhlglobalmail.com. Don't know if that helps, but thought I'd mention it just in case.

And again, I am not defending the DHL-USPS delivery method - it does indeed seem to be the slowest method and (aside from Fedex Ground/Home Delivery) my least-favorite method.

6. chazz101s

chazz101s Forum Resident

". . . and (aside from Fedex Ground/Home Delivery) my least-favorite method."

Would you be willing to describe (some of) your problems with Fedex Ground/Home Delivery? (Apologies if my query = hijacking the thread. If so, ignore?)

Fedex Ground has been fine for me when selling items. . . .

7. Mr Bass

Mr Bass Chevelle Ma Belle

Speaking for me DHL is known for long shipping delays still to this day. In the past the item would disappear. As for Fedex ground, they just damage things frequently.

8. ScramMan2

ScramMan2 Forum Resident

Hey folks. This if what the bigger mega sellers on Amazon use to get a better than USPS price. If it bothers you that much order from another seller that does not use third party mailers. End of problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.